PDA

View Full Version : review for Burning fists: Force Striker

redrum666
04-15-2006, 12:11 PM
found a review of the game on this site

http://www.angelfire.com/ny/dezmoowu/segareviews.html

Type:Fighting,Players:2,Graphics:3,Control:3,Sound :5,Gameplay:2,Overall:3.
This was a gooddealgames.com release, and it's a very weird game. First off all the cutscenes are in japanese with no english subs so you can't understand anything, including the ending. The game itself is a simple one on one fighter with very odd characters. One character is Loki the norse God, another is a ninja from Iraq... Just plain weird stuff. Anyway the fighting is EXTREMELY simple and repetative. The graphics are decent at best but not nearly as cool as lets say mortal kombat or eternal champions. The moves consist of punches and kicks with some really goofy special attacks. Most of which are secrets and you have to figure out on your own. The music was forgetable also, nothing to good about this game. A little cool feature is that the missing clips from the game are watchable via pc. But shouldn't they just be in the game instead?

im kind of pissed that the cutscenes and endings are in japanese with no english subs :cry:

Flash1087
04-15-2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that does kind of suck. I also remember reading how one of the stages didn't have a finished background, and for whatever reason they opted to re-use a preexisting background instead of bothering to draw a new one.

Oh well, at least the game is out, right?

David J.
04-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey, at least it's a bit more playable then what it orignaly was. I got my copy today.

Melf
04-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Care to review it? ;)

I'm not surprised that it doesn't set the world on fire. Considering when it was released and the fact that it was cancelled, what'd they expect?

JAMMAPARTS
04-16-2006, 05:53 AM
I'm having quite a few issues with the game freezing...I'm using an original Sega-CD model 1 and Genesis model 1. Can anyone else confirm this?

I haven't done any extensive testing, I've only had a little bit to play it, so I haven't tested it on any of my other Sega hardware...