PDA

View Full Version : majesco Game Gear is here!

Devon
05-15-2010, 07:01 PM
well i got sick of my old game gear which was made with the best parts from 3 game gears as it takes awhile to warm up with all the capacitors going out, so i figuered a majesco one since its made in mexico and from 2000 and up would be of better quality, i can say the screen is much better, faster response time too the all the sega units ive used, the dpad is more stiff but precise, its missing the thread in the back so you can't attach a sega powerback which mine only holds 30 minutes charge anyways.
the screen is scratched up so if anyone knows where i can find a majesco cover for it that would be great as the sega ones leave too big a gap. also any other thoughts on the majesco gear are welcome

M4R14NO94
05-15-2010, 07:27 PM
So that's why Majesco started making re-releases of GG games back then... (except for Super Battletank, I believe that one was never released for the system until Majesco released it)

Devon
05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
yeah iam hoping the capacitors are of higher quality then the sega manufactured ones, also the system came with alladin a majesco remake and the cartridge itself is the same black plastic of the newer game gear and not dark grey like the rest of the cartriges

GohanX
05-16-2010, 03:25 PM
I bought one new from Amazon a while back. It feels much cheaper than the sega made units, and it didn't work with the tv tuner, but the screen was a lot better. I always meant to mix and match parts so I could get an uber Game Gear, but since the tv tuner is obsolete now there's no point.

Waterfaller
05-16-2010, 03:59 PM
What does it look like? Is it exactly like the original Sega one, or was it redesigned? I'm kinda curious.

Devil N
05-16-2010, 04:20 PM
What does it look like? Is it exactly like the original Sega one, or was it redesigned? I'm kinda curious.
Our old friend QuickSciFi opened the box of one a few months ago, and was so kind to make a video of it:

Nv2oHddVcJc

Devon
05-16-2010, 06:08 PM
i still have yet to see or hear about a majesco game gear having problems i mean sure if it has tits or transistors its gonna eventually give you problems, but knock on wood hers hope to them putting decent long lasting capacitors in it.

MN12BIRD
05-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Nice pickup. I've had my eye open for a Majesco Game Gear around here and I've only ever seen one around and it got sold before I could nab it!

The main thing that gives it away is the 3 color ovals (red, green, blue) logo on the left of the screen is 3 gray ovals instead. I also think the plastic shell is darker like almost black. It has a better LCD with less blur but doesn't work with the TV Tuner or Master Gear (SMS) adapters.