PDA

View Full Version : Just bought WIRELESS INFRARED Genesis controllers on Amazon!

Ecco
05-23-2010, 07:14 PM
OK I know some people will not care, but for those who do, I just bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00383IQOS/sr=1-1/qid=1274641442/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1274641442&sr=1-1

As it shows, I paid 39.99 plus S&H, so $44 total. Interestingly, it seems that the seller's account always shows 1 item available; as soon as I bought that 1 item, there was another 1 item available instantly.

Also interesting is that the product is described as brand-new and factory-sealed; I wonder if it will turn out to be true, or if it was simply re-sealed. (I don't really care either way.)

I only realized wireless controllers existed a couple yrs ago and I am STOKED!!!

I will report back once I receive them in the mail. :cool:

JDB
05-23-2010, 08:02 PM
I got those dual Megadrive dual turbo pads for christmas 1994, and I still use them today. Infact, they're on my desk right now. They're absolutely awesome!

Televator
05-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I heard you have to have direct line of site with them. Is it a fuss to try to line them up or is it fine as long as nothing's in the way? Can you sit off center from the Genesis?

Ecco
05-23-2010, 09:11 PM
I got those dual Megadrive dual turbo pads for christmas 1994, and I still use them today. Infact, they're on my desk right now. They're absolutely awesome!

^lol great to hear!!! I can't wait to get them in the mail now.

My friends will flip b/c none of them even knew the Genesis had original infrared controllers!!!

I heard you have to have direct line of site with them. Is it a fuss to try to line them up or is it fine as long as nothing's in the way? Can you sit off center from the Genesis?

I haven't ever tried them yet, but I've read other members report that it's NOT A PROBLEM to line them up properly, while playing comfortably... i.e. you WON'T suddenly lose control of the game randomly, just b/c you slightly moved.

*crosses fingers*

MN12BIRD
05-23-2010, 09:22 PM
I was lucky enough to find a pair of the Sega 6 button wireless controllers and I was surprised how well they work. Not sure about those ones but the Sega ones have a pretty wide range for the "point of sight" like you said as long as you're sitting with the controllers pointed in the general direction of the console it's fine.

Ecco
05-23-2010, 09:59 PM
^Cool. Maybe in the future I'll buy the 6-button ones also, so I can play EC and SF properly...

The ones I bought are 3-button but I actually find the traditional 3-button layout overall the most comfortable and classic!

Ecco
05-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Well I purchased those 3-button wireless controllers last night (Sun.) on Amazon, then really early this morning, I canceled it, which was thankfully no problem. After buying the 3-button pair, I kept thinking about all the 6-button games that would be limited: both SFII games, both EC games, Ranger X, Virtua Racing...!

Anyhow I bought a pair of these on ebay instead for $30 inclu. S&H:

http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!BbjS2,gBmk~$(KGrHqIOKkYEq4Did7j6BKwjvNlS7!~~_35.J PG:cool:

bohokii
05-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Well I purchased those 3-button wireless controllers last night (Sun.) on Amazon, then really early this morning, I canceled it, which was thankfully no problem. After buying the 3-button pair, I kept thinking about all the 6-button games that would be limited: both SFII games, both EC games, Ranger X, Virtua Racing...!

http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!BbjS2,gBmk~$(KGrHqIOKkYEq4Did7j6BKwjvNlS7!~~_35.J PG:cool:

hope they came with the receiver

i got some from i think a company called xgo

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=16&pictureid=901

they work great i can hold the controller 20 feet away and aim it straight up and straight down and it still reads

i have one for my nes from quickshot and it barely works 3 feet away as long as i hold it really still and aim it at the sensor

electrochip
05-24-2010, 10:00 PM

those ebay ones do not come with a receiver, so unless you have one they are pretty much useless. I also picked up the Amazon ones and they were indeed new and sealed. I have only had a chance to play with them for a couple of hours, but they work great and the range is pretty good. You don't have to point directly at it.

cowboyscowboys
05-24-2010, 10:07 PM
They did not come with a receiver so that will suck.

Ecco
05-25-2010, 07:46 AM
Dang no receiver?!

At least I can still play SFII properly with the 6-button controllers... once I buy a receiver! (I took for granted that they came w/ a receiver in the box!)

05-25-2010, 08:49 AM
looking good man.

I like the 1st party controllers. Ive been thinking about getting some myself after being spoilt by the wireless xbox 360.

oh and the dog forever triping over cables when shes getting on/off the sofa.

bohokii
06-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Dang no receiver?!

At least I can still play SFII properly with the 6-button controllers... once I buy a receiver! (I took for granted that they came w/ a receiver in the box!)

i both condemn and applaud sega for offering replacement remotes

you buy one with the receiver and buy a second for a friend which reduces costs if you are just a solo gamer

although i think my x-go and the acclaim duals were cheaper than the one from sega

since if you leave batteries in one and it falls between couch cushions the batteries could rupture and corrode the contacts causing intermittant contact even if you clean the battery contacts well

but unfortunatly they are fairly high quality and not many people bought the spare so they ended up on clearance and in outlet stores cheap

cowboyscowboys
06-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Dang no receiver?!

Thing is the receiver may cost $30 it's self.

Ecco
06-02-2010, 04:29 PM
^Yes. I'm actually paying more for one...

So, when I realized that the 2 controllers did NOT have a receiver, I emailed the seller (the day after the purchase) and thankfully, they just canceled the order & gave me a full refund.

Then I found only ONE receiver for sale on ebay (none on Amazon); so I bought it as a package w/ 2 controllers... for $80. So assuming the controllers are worth $20 each, then I'm paying $40 for the receiver. :cool: Still waiting for it to arrive

cowboyscowboys
06-02-2010, 04:52 PM
^Yes. I'm actually paying more for one...

So, when I realized that the 2 controllers did NOT have a receiver, I emailed the seller (the day after the purchase) and thankfully, they just canceled the order & gave me a full refund.

Then I found only ONE receiver for sale on ebay (none on Amazon); so I bought it as a package w/ 2 controllers... for $80. So assuming the controllers are worth $20 each, then I'm paying $40 for the receiver. :cool: Still waiting for it to arrive
I take it you bought this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-New-Box-Wireless-Sega-Brand-Controllers-Receiver-/220615347840?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item335db30e80

I actually feel semi retarded right now there was a BIN auction on Ebay with 2 controllers and receiver not boxed for 50 incl shipping (to Canada which is really good). I passed on it and it sold. In the back of my mind I think I will find a set for $10 or something probably wont happen.

Sparksterz
06-03-2010, 07:20 PM
while we're on the subject, I can't say I've ever seen this before!

Mortal Kombat 3 controller (http://cgi.ebay.com/Mortal-Kombat-3-Control-Pad-Controller-Sega-Genesis-/200329629545?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2ea4938f69)

Genesis32XCD
06-03-2010, 09:36 PM
I take it you bought this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-New-Box-Wireless-Sega-Brand-Controllers-Receiver-/220615347840?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item335db30e80

I actually feel semi retarded right now there was a BIN auction on Ebay with 2 controllers and receiver not boxed for 50 incl shipping (to Canada which is really good). I passed on it and it sold. In the back of my mind I think I will find a set for $10 or something probably wont happen.

I actually bought 2 sets of those (4 controllers, 2 receivers, unboxed) for around $15-20 shipped a few months ago, so just keep looking. I ended up donating one set to CGR.

QuickSciFi
06-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Those are the ones I own. The vertical range is down to a minimum on those. Other than that, they work. They feel great ergonomically, but you know the technology just wasn't there yet.

cowboyscowboys
06-03-2010, 11:46 PM
I actually bought 2 sets of those (4 controllers, 2 receivers, unboxed) for around $15-20 shipped a few months ago, so just keep looking. I ended up donating one set to CGR.

Yea I have gone this far I aint given in until I find a good deal. It's a luxury not a necessity is what I keep telling myself. Still have the impulse to the pull the trigger at a rip off price sometimes though.

Ecco
06-27-2010, 02:38 AM
Just to finally report back, the Sega 6-button wireless controllers are AWESOME. :cool:

They work great as long as you're facing the general direction of the Genesis. I never lose the line of sight, unless I move and accidentally block it with my foot or leg.

Liquid Snake
06-27-2010, 03:14 AM
I just got both Sega 6-button wireless and Aklaim 3-button controllers, and let me tell you both of them are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I use 3-button one for my Genesis and 6-button one for Mega Drive :D:cool: