View Full Version : Hands-On: Ecco: The Songs of Time
The quality of Spencer Nilsen's Ecco the Dolphini scores is undeniable. Haunting yet inviting, they soothe and offer the perfect picture of what life under the sea must sound like. Many of the tracks from both games were released on a single CD entitled Ecco: Songs of Time, and Sega-16 staff editor Ben Galway has all the details (http://www.sega-16.com/2006/07/hands-on-ecco-songs-of-time-music-collection/) on why it's such a great piece to own.
07-28-2006, 01:44 AM
The Ecco Sega CD games kick a ton of ass. The music really makes the game. By far Spencer's best work. The Q-Sound never did anything for me vs. regular stereo, though. Too bad Spency is regulated to pumping out mediocre scores for really bad direct-to-video movies these days. :( He needs to get back in da biz!!
07-28-2006, 12:36 PM
My notes for Songs of Time if anyone's interested. Since the music is essentially lifted from the disc, I just noted which songs were pulled and which are missing. Track order is what you would find if you were to put the Sega CD game in a CD player.
1. Abyss / Tides of Time track 02
2. Botswana / Tides of Time track 09
3. The Desert Below / Tides of Time track 11
4. Deception / Tides of Time track 13
5. Deep Marjimba / Tides of Time track 08
6. Blue Dream / Tides of Time track 07
7. St. Gabriel's Mask / Tides of Time track 03
8. Heart Of The Giant / Tides of Time track 12
9. Transcended / Tides of Time track 06
10. Mountains Below / Tides of Time track 04
11. Treefish / Tides of Time track 05
12. Aqua Vistas / Tides of Time track 16 (same as Ecco the Dolphin CD track 02)
13. Lonesome Search / Ecco the Dolphin track 04
14. Friend Or Foe / Ecco the Dolphin track 05
15. Motion E / Ecco the Dolphin track 07
16. The Machine / Ecco the Dolphin track 08 (similar to 10 and 11)
17. Sounding Echo / Ecco the Dolphin track 14
18. Time Forgotten / Ecco the Dolphin track 03
Ecco the Dolphin CD:
Tracks: 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16
Ecco: The Tides of Time CD:
Tracks: 10, 14, 15, 17
07-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Hmm, the front page says "Ecco the Dolphini." (Dolphin with an extra "i" at the end.)
"And for his next trick, Dolphini the Great will attempt to saw a woman in half!"
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.