PDA

View Full Version : Sega CD

gehrig82
08-26-2006, 11:40 PM
I recently acquired a Sega Genesis with Sega CD from a yard sale. I'm new to the Sega CD and it didn't come with any directions just a game and a few other random cd's. Here's my problem. I can't for the life of me figure out how to work it. There seems to be no on/off switch and I'm not even sure if it works at all because when it is plugged in there are no lights indicating it's on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Joe Redifer
08-26-2006, 11:42 PM
#1 - This should be in the Sega CD forum, not the Genesis forum (maybe a mod can move the thread).

#2 - Both the Genesis and the Sega CD need to be plugged in. The power switch from the Genesis should turn both on. I am not sure if you have a model 1 or a model 2. I don't know if the model 2 was cool enough to have any lights on it or not.

Elusive
08-27-2006, 10:36 AM
OK. First, what type of Sega CD do you have? The first model sits underneath the Genesis, while the second sits below and alongside it, like a sidecar. Either model will fit a Genesis 1 or 2 just fine - all you need to do is slot them together.

All you need to do to set it up is connect it to the Genesis, and plug in its power adapter. See, the Genesis and Sega CD use a seperate power adapter - I think the Sega CD console uses the same type of power adapter as a Genesis 1 or Master System, but don't quote me on that. There are no extra video cables or anything alongside the ones you'd hook up to your Genesis.

Once you have it all hooked up, if you hit the power button on your Genesis console, the Sega CD should boot up if you haven't got a cartridge inserted.

^^ The model 2 Mega-CD and Sega CD have a small red disc access light, just in front of the disc door.

nik
08-27-2006, 01:06 PM
If there is no on off switch you don't have a genesis locked onto it!