PDA

View Full Version : Surgical Strike?

Baleog
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Anyone familiar with this game? I do have an opportunity to buy it...is it worth it?

Baleog
09-03-2006, 03:42 AM
Eh...never mind. I saw the description here (http://genesisreviews.tripod.com/reviews/segacd/cdindex.html), and it doesn't sound appealing at all. In fact, there might as well be orange traffic cones warning me to stay well away from it. The words "Digital Pictures" should instill fear in the hardest of hearts. :daze:

XMARLTONX
09-03-2006, 04:12 AM
Eh, I saw the screenshot and I wasn't too impressed. But then again, you gotta ask yourself: What kind of games do I like? And then take what others say with a grain of salt. The graphics look pretty cool. I would look for a box scan or search wikipedia for more info on the story. And ya gotta factor in cost =)

Genesis Knight
09-03-2006, 03:33 PM
For the longest time I thought this was part of the Strike series (Desert, Jungle, Urban, Nuclear, Soviet) and was summarily disgusted by what little similarity it bore to those awesome isometric 'copter games. Needless to say, I was relieved to find out there's no relation.

David J.
09-04-2006, 02:31 PM
I wonder if there is a warehouse full of CD32X versions, as it was never released.

This game is uncommon in the states, but rare in europe... and it was even released in japan! :o

Baleog
09-07-2006, 04:26 PM
But then again, you gotta ask yourself: What kind of games do I like? And then take what others say with a grain of salt.

Exactly. I took one look at those screenshots, and wanted to curl up in the fetal position in the corner, shuddering. You couldn't really get further away from my gaming tastes!

And ya gotta factor in cost =)

Not much of an issue, it was at Goodwill after all! Still, I was recently burned by that Night Trap experience, and don't want to see a repeat of that!

Chris Marsh
09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I own this game. It is one of the better FMV titles because there are things constantly happening to prevent the pace from slowing down. This game is not for everyone like all FMV games.

QuickSciFi
03-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Sorry to revive this ol' thread, lol. If you don't know me by now, I don't like to step on anybody's shoes. Here are a couple of questions:

1. Is Surgical Strike light gun compatible?

2. Who here enjoys this awesome FMV?

3. Who here knows Joe Flanigan made his first "screen" debut in this game? (I mean, seriously, the dude looks exactly the same. It's like they threw him in the SG Atlantis time machine just to make his debut in 93. Lol).

4. Once more, to reiterate one of the earlier posted questions: Did the 32X/CD version ever come out?