PDA

View Full Version : case to store cart only games

streetsofrage
03-11-2012, 05:39 AM
does anyone have this? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Black-Sega-Genesis-Nomad-Game-Cartridge-Storage-Carry-Case-/170697902155?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27be63484b

Smii
03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
It basically looks like a cassette rack, repurposed. (Like the ebay seller I keep seeing who lists "earbuds" as Game Gear headphones, pff) If that is the type of thing you want, lots of things that will store cassettes will also fit loose Genesis carts, and you can find those in loads of places for pennies. I just keep mine in shoeboxes though (cheaper still :P)

djshok
03-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I have one, it's not very good. The cart slots are a little too big and not quite deep enough to fully seat the cartridge. I though I could have it sit on the shelf with the carts inside it (with the outer bag part removed) but it doesn't work so well because too much of the cart hangs out and they'd fall out at the slightest touch. It's only any good if you're using it along with the bag part ie: for transport.

QuickSciFi
03-11-2012, 01:51 PM
That's not an official carrying case afaik. You can just buy any cassette tape holder, they will hold your Genesis and SMS carts very nicely. I have many of them. You can get them at GoodWill for pennies.

KnightWarrior
03-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I have that, I got my 32X Games in it

xelement5x
03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
That's not an official carrying case afaik. You can just buy any cassette tape holder, they will hold your Genesis and SMS carts very nicely. I have many of them. You can get them at GoodWill for pennies.

This 100%.

I got a rotating cassette tape rack from my thrift for $2 and it stores the games great. The only problem is 32X games won't fit, and larger EA games are sometimes picky. Small caveats but they work well for 90% of the carts you'll want to store.

Cornholio857
03-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a wooden cassette shelf that my Genesis games fit nice in. But I mainly use it to store my 2600 games. These are sweet too:

http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.292601174.jpg

Gotta love that wood grain! ;)

QuickSciFi
03-12-2012, 01:32 PM
^That's what I currently have. I've thrown away a couple already because I downsized my Genesis loose cart library. I'm hoping to have zero loose carts in the very near future.

Baloo
03-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I used to have a Genesis shelf that you could mount onto the wall that held Genesis cartridges, but I'm not sure if I still have it anymore.

StarMist
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
@ OP = I prefer the NES models, particularly the console-grey.
@ Cornholio = that's what I used to have once upon a time. Still had some music cassettes then too.

Now I keep my Genesis games in a sock.

nonameo
03-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Ah~~~ you know what I'd like to see? A cart holder that is designed to keep your pins un-dusty while they are stored. Basically, it'd be made so you'd "plug" the games into a dummy slot lined with felt. It'd be nice and secure, would keep the pins clean and protected, and would keep the games from bouncing around and getting case worn. Just gotta get the motivation up to build it :( Heh, you could even do a waterfall design so you could keep your carts on the wall or something :P How cool would that be? Although... some CO games tend to be a bit rough~~~

QuickSciFi
03-16-2012, 08:35 AM
^that sounds terrible. It'll be like having all your games permanently inserted into the cartridge slot.
Whatever is "good" for the pins, I'm sure this isn't it.
Want a more secure place for your game cartridges? How about their own cases?

tz101
03-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I have six of the wooden cassette drawer storage cases like Cornholio showed. They are great for Genesis and Master System except for the taller EA carts. I just wish they had a similar drawer type case for N64 and SNES carts as well.

StarMist
03-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Ah~~~ you know what I'd like to see? A cart holder that is designed to keep your pins un-dusty while they are stored. Basically, it'd be made so you'd "plug" the games into a dummy slot lined with felt. It'd be nice and secure, would keep the pins clean and protected, and would keep the games from bouncing around and getting case worn. Just gotta get the motivation up to build it :( Heh, you could even do a waterfall design so you could keep your carts on the wall or something :P How cool would that be? Although... some CO games tend to be a bit rough~~~I'm pretty sure caps (properly speaking, footpieces) can be found for MD games that fit over the pin end. Perhaps a collectors only fetish, but I've seen them.

Cucollins12
03-18-2012, 06:45 PM
its that thing official? jesus, it looks like a regular casset holder.

QuickSciFi
03-18-2012, 08:04 PM
its that thing official? jesus, it looks like a regular casset holder.
No it is not.

muchomojo
03-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I also have one of these I picked up at Goodwill for a couple bucks. Mine holds 30 games, three rows of ten. The inner plastic tray had a couple holes in it for what appeared to be mounting. I was planning on putting it on a little space on my wall but as another poster stated when upright the games fall out quite easily. Now if I could just find some Genesis gamers in my area this thing would be pretty useful.