PDA

View Full Version : Running us game on a pal mcd

djtwok
11-20-2006, 07:07 AM
I have a us final fight cd here and want to run it on a pal mega cd. I know it wont run without an adapter. My question: i found a tool on the web which changes the region code of sega cd games. If i rip the us-cd to my pc, change the region code to pal and burn it on a disc, will it run on my mega cd ?

Elusive
11-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I have a us final fight cd here and want to run it on a pal mega cd. I know it wont run without an adapter. My question: i found a tool on the web which changes the region code of sega cd games. If i rip the us-cd to my pc, change the region code to pal and burn it on a disc, will it run on my mega cd ?

Yes, assuming you have a PAL Mega Drive and Mega-CD of course ;) . As with any region-recoded game, you might encounter a couple of glitches, as you'll be running the game 20% slower than it expects to be played. Nothing that makes the game unplayable, far from it - the only games that have major trouble when recoded are FMV-heavy games like Night Trap, as the stored audio and video can go out of sync.

evildragon
11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
i have found running the PAL version of MK-CD on the US version, as very unreliable, and dangerous..

The game will crash sometimes, and when it does crash, it takes the save-RAM with it, and completely corrupts it..

the same can happen for other games probably..