PDA

View Full Version : Sega CDX Strange Interference?

Blades
12-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Interference

Flash1087
12-12-2006, 02:12 AM
Man, you're just here to make us feel bad for not having a CDX, right? :p I keed, of course, and I'd love to welcome you to Sega-16. You'll love it here.

At any rate, I think the problem is likely in the video cable for it. It could be a little dirty, just plain old and worn, or not attached to the input on your TV all the way. Try poking at that, first.

evildragon
12-12-2006, 11:04 PM
this sounds more like a ground loop problem.. there's a faulty ground somewhere in it, it seems..

evildragon
12-12-2006, 11:52 PM
meaning, when the motors are running, it's causing interference on the circuit because I think there's a ground short somwhere..

evildragon
12-13-2006, 12:25 AM
AH Now I get it. Thanks. Is there anyway to fix it or not? Or does it indicate that the previous owner treated it bad? lol I love it anyway:D

Blades
getting the CDX open is a pain.. something like this can happen from age, mis-use, or just plain defective.. it's never certain..

TheGZeus
12-13-2006, 12:40 AM
You know, this happens with my model 1 SCD and High Definition Graphics genesis.
Only happens when the CD is being accessed, and only most of the time.
It's also pretty faint.

evildragon
12-13-2006, 12:45 AM
yea, that's a ground loop.. in the case of the BIG Genesis setup, it can be anything, from bad connectors on the board, to bad shielding plates (those are usefull)

Flash1087
12-13-2006, 02:17 AM
Yeah, that's not the kinda thing you wanna screw around with if you're not sure what you're doing. A friend of mine totally jinxed a Dreamcast trying to replace the lens once. I'm not sure what he did, but he couldn't even put it back together afterwards.

TheGZeus
12-13-2006, 03:22 AM
yea, that's a ground loop.. in the case of the BIG Genesis setup, it can be anything, from bad connectors on the board, to bad shielding plates (those are usefull)
Probably my sucky cable I made. The meterials and methods I used resulted in...suck.