PDA

View Full Version : Marko?

Flash1087
01-06-2007, 02:50 AM
polo!

With that out of the way, I had a question.

http://www.gooddealgames.com/Publishing_SegaCD_Marko.html

Was that ever released on anything else? I remember seeing a lot of ads for it back in the day and maybe even a review, and I don't know if maybe I'm confusing this with an actual released game, or if maybe this came out on the Genesis or SNES or something and it was only the Sega CD version that remained unreleased.

Am I right in thinking this, or was this never released until Good Deal got ahold of it?

Benjamin
01-06-2007, 05:14 AM
Marko was released in the US and Europe as a cartridge. I imagine the CD release from Good Deal Games would be the same, just produced on a disc due to cheaper production costs. None of the reviews at the time mentioned a CD version in the works, and for a minor late Genesis release, I really doubt one would have been considered.

Marko is a nice idea and decent game. I'm just slightly disappointed since so much more could have been done with the premise with a larger variety of kicked ball attacks.

Mr Smith
01-06-2007, 06:55 AM
The Mega Drive caterage version was called Marko's Magic Football, although I assume they changed the name for the US version. Marko would appear to be a seperate game for the Mega CD. I had never heard of it until now, however, wikipedia have it on their list of Sega CD games, so I would assume it was released.

Picture of PAL box art (http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/images/sega-mega-cd/sega-mega-cd-games/sega-mega-cd-markos-magic-football.jpg)

Elusive
01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
It was also a storyline in Sonic the Comic :)

Benjamin
01-06-2007, 09:31 AM
The Mega Drive caterage version was called Marko's Magic Football, although I assume they changed the name for the US version. Marko would appear to be a seperate game for the Mega CD. I had never heard of it until now, however, wikipedia have it on their list of Sega CD games, so I would assume it was released.

Picture of PAL box art (http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/images/sega-mega-cd/sega-mega-cd-games/sega-mega-cd-markos-magic-football.jpg)

Yeah, I now see various images for the Mega CD version of Marko, so it must have got a PAL release. Marko's Magic Football is the same as the US Marko, and from the looks of the screenshots on that CD version, it's the same game as the cartridge version with the possibility of extra levels, animation, music, etc. notwithstanding.

Mr Smith
01-06-2007, 11:23 AM
It was also a storyline in Sonic the Comic :)

Although not one of their best :D

David J.
01-06-2007, 01:21 PM
They did that with Battle Frenzy, just changed the country code and branded it as a new game.

Elusive
01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
They did that with Battle Frenzy, just changed the country code and branded it as a new game.

I thought Bloodshot is only known as Battle Frenzy in Germany.

David J.
01-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Something or another... it doesn't really matter. They just took some of the PAL only Mega CD games, changed the country code and sold them as new Sega CD games.

redrum666
01-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Something or another... it doesn't really matter. They just took some of the PAL only Mega CD games, changed the country code and sold them as new Sega CD games.

yep your right that all good deal games did LOL

http://www.sega-mega-cd-library.co.uk/Game%20Pages/Marko's%20Magic%20Football.htm

http://www.sega-mega-cd-library.co.uk/Game%20Pages/Bloodshot.htm

TheGZeus
01-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Ah, stealing...so convenient, so illegal...

Fonzie
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry for this precision but bloodshot/marko are really the original unreleased games (they are not converted games) ...
They really got the USA unreleased disc.
I may be wrong, but its really what i've been told.

And, as far as i know, they got official permission (at least for their first releases).

Really really really ;P
Anyway, i don't think we have to blame them... they aren't selling much and buy prototypes/unreleased for very expensive price.
They also help to release homebrews so its very fair.

TheGZeus
01-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Not all of them were done with permission.

It's not fair to steal something just because you give someone else an opportunity to sell their wares.
If i stole your car and sold it, then helped someone else sell theirs and collected a commision on that sale would that make things fair?

I mean it's cut and dried. if they didn't have permission for ONE game, they're theives.

David J.
01-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Sorry for this precision but bloodshot/marko are really the original unreleased games (they are not converted games) ...
They really got the USA unreleased disc.
I may be wrong, but its really what i've been told.

And, as far as i know, they got official permission (at least for their first releases).

Really really really ;P
Anyway, i don't think we have to blame them... they aren't selling much and buy prototypes/unreleased for very expensive price.
They also help to release homebrews so its very fair.

Well, I read on the Sonic Cult forums, the one time I actually decided to visit, when the child molester... P-something said that Good Deal Games contacted him to change the country code or something.

Joe Redifer
01-06-2007, 11:14 PM
This game was called "Soccer Kid" or something like that on the 3DO.

redrum666
01-07-2007, 12:20 AM
This game was called "Soccer Kid" or something like that on the 3DO.

no that is a diffrent game Soccer Kid has black hair and the game takes place in england

Joe Redifer
01-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Same game to me. Dumbass attached to a soccer ball and stuck in a crappy platform game.

Henry Spencer
01-07-2007, 06:08 PM
What the hell are you talking about? It was one of my most fond memories of the Mega Drive! Seriously! I love that game, I'm going to get a copy and see if it is still just as good.

Joe Redifer
01-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Yes, but here in the USA we hate Soccer and we beat any naturalized citizen who likes it to death! So you are more predisposed to like that game.

Flash1087
01-08-2007, 01:39 AM
It's true. A friend of mine stopped in at work and told me he was gonna watch one of the World Cup games later that day. The next day his mom called me in tears, saying she couldn't find him.