PDA

View Full Version : Earthworm Jim Special Edition

Hidden_Darkness
03-05-2007, 12:55 AM
I've gotta say, I have been very addicted to this game lately. the extended levels, a whole new level, upgraded visuals, remixed music, great controls, this game is just awesome. so who else likes to play ewj special edition sometimes? what are your thoughts on it?

David J.
03-05-2007, 07:27 PM
I wish the Sega CD lasted a little longer, so we'd have a SE of Earthworm Jim 2.

It is a good update regardless, and had other companies polished their Genesis -> Sega CD conversions better, I there would be a bit more favorable opinion of the Sega CD, but I'm sure that's just me, as the FMV games really did the system in.

j_factor
03-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I wish the Sega CD lasted a little longer, so we'd have a SE of Earthworm Jim 2.

We did, it was just on Saturn instead of Sega CD.

rcgamer
03-07-2007, 02:12 AM
The game is awesome on the sega cd. It is one of the maybe 2 dozen games for the system that is worth playing.

NAE1000
03-07-2007, 08:07 AM
this game is truely badass! still such a challenging one too........

Henry Spencer
03-14-2007, 07:42 PM
We did, it was just on Saturn instead of Sega CD.

Do you mind telling me what was added to the SE of EWJ2?

EWJ for the Sega Cd is pure magic though, such a classic.

Joe Redifer
03-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm not too much of an EWJ2 junkie or anything, but obviously the Saturn version had better graphics and CD music by Tommy Tallarico.

j_factor
03-14-2007, 10:04 PM
What Joe said. It didn't have an extra level like EWJ1 on Sega CD does, unfortunately. I think it might have a weapon or two that isn't in the cart versions. The only other thing that EWJ1 on Sega CD had was a password save system, but I think they put that in the original cartridge versions for EWJ2.

Hidden_Darkness
03-15-2007, 10:04 AM
im not much into ewj 2 myself but the saturn version was a decent upgrade, though it really wasnt as much of a upgrade when compared to ewj special edition, ewj 2 is by no means a bad game I just didnt find it as enjoyable as ewj 1.

ewj 1 was just a whole new gaming experience for me back in 1994, later playing it on the sega cd about 11 years later with the upgrades felt like a new game again. I know this is alittle off topic as well but, did anyone here ever own any of the ewj action figures released around 94-95? ive got a few that I bought in late 1994, pretty cool figures.

evildragon
03-20-2007, 01:26 AM
i was just showing someone today the intro to this game (the SEGA logo), it's probably the most funniest SEGA logo I have seen..

Hidden_Darkness
03-21-2007, 03:28 AM
I agree with you evildragon, the title intro on special edition is hilarious.