PDA

View Full Version : Make my Video

evildragon
03-12-2007, 01:11 AM
To be honest, while these games can stink (and only mono audio!), I was shocked to see that it does actually show what the Sega CD could have done, as far as video processing goes..

Three video streams at once, with hardly any slow down, AND video manipulation all in real time..

For a 68000 that people claim can't handle video, that IS pretty impressive..

Now if these games were made for 32X, I'm sure it would have kicked some major ass, and im not kidding (stereo sound perhaps? better codecs, and better bands)

Joe Redifer
03-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Dunno about the stereo sound. Remember that the Sega CD was only a single speed CD drive so it would have a hard time streaming all of that color x 3 and stereo sound as well. The Saturn could do it, no prob. But still nobody would ever buy it.

evildragon
03-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Dunno about the stereo sound. Remember that the Sega CD was only a single speed CD drive so it would have a hard time streaming all of that color x 3 and stereo sound as well. The Saturn could do it, no prob. But still nobody would ever buy it.
if they used a better codec, they could have pulled off stereo sound.. something like a primitive joint-stereo type of deal, and better video compression..

i think with better bands, the game could have been successful, as long as it was a U-Direct all the way, and not some "Challenge"..

Vorty
03-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Better bands???

Are you dissing the musical genius of INXS?

evildragon
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
come on, we all know im talking about kris kross LOL!!!

i only like ONE of the songs from the marky mark version, only ONE (ok maybe 2, but "I need Money" is just plain stupid, not to mention it must be obvious if he signed for that game)

JUNKER
05-19-2007, 01:08 AM
The only of the MMV series that held any interest to me was the INXS one, because INXS is a great band and Kris Kross and Marky Mark blow chunks.