PDA

View Full Version : Demolition Man

JUNKER
05-22-2007, 07:16 PM
I never really saw the movie Demolition Man, except for little bits and pieces of it when it was on Cable TV, but this game is another great licensed title. It was developed by Virgin Interactive and published by Acclaim (Wow, for once Acclaim actually published something good!). It's another action game that mixes side scrolling platforming action in the vein of Contra, and overhead shooting in the vein of games like Commando, Ikari Warriors, Heavy Barrel, etc. There's also footage of the movie in this game too, but they actually KEEP the original audio! And don't remove it or anything! Why couldn't they do that with The Terminator? I mean, that game was still awesome, but I mean, the original audio wasn't in the cutscenes there! Anyway, yeah, DM's another great licensed title. If you can't get a hold of the Sega CD version, get the Super Nintendo one.

GeckoYamori
05-22-2007, 07:29 PM
The Mega Drive version works just fine. In fact, it sounds better than the SNES port.
And while we're on the subject on Stallone... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6i090FGzQ

David J.
05-22-2007, 10:12 PM
I think the whole audio was system limitations... anyway, the Genesis version is pretty much the same.