PDA

View Full Version : Snatcher IS amazing but...

Sega Uranus
06-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, after being glued to the game for hours I forced myself to walk away, as I was disgusted from how terrible the last two (Possibly more?) Blaster scenes were put together. Now, I will admit, the Blaster events are awesome (only the Snatcher ones however), and keep the game going at an awesome pace, but for the most part the controls just aren't there, sometimes I even have hit the "C" button a good five times to shoot at all. I can't remember dieing that much in a game in a very long time, and I hate replaying the same scene over, and over, and over, and over again no matter the quality of the outcome.

Who else agrees this lowered the quality of the game?

Is there something I can do to make this area not suck?

Zebbe
06-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I didn't have this problem at all, instead my CD was scratched so the ending fukked up several times before I took some tooth paste on the disc to finally be able to see the ending fully without shooting those spiders and snatchers again for the gazillionth time. I think your controller sucks or you are tapping too loosely. Maybe a Justifier can help you. By the way, there IS a third shooting scene :D.

Sega Uranus
06-27-2007, 05:31 PM
By the way, there IS a third shooting scene :D.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z246/knivez7s/1179637486305.gif

Fonzie
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Ha yeah, you need a menacer/justifer gun!

Man-Fish
06-27-2007, 06:07 PM
I know this sounds pathetic, but I was always too scared to get very far in Snatcher. :confused:

It's the music, I tells ya. :sweat:

ZJT
06-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Yah, get a Justifier. The later blaster scenes are pretty near impossible without - or else you have to get lucky.

Very lucky.

But with a Justifier, it's actually pretty fun :)

system
06-27-2007, 08:35 PM
The third shooting scene is dead easy compared to the other two.

Yah, get a Justifier. The later blaster scenes are pretty near impossible without - or else you have to get lucky.
I've managed it a few times with the regular 3-button Sega controller, as well as with a keyboard when I've played it emulated.

evildragon
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
3 shooting scenes? you guys are so mean ;)

JUNKER
06-27-2007, 11:25 PM
I didn't have that kind of problem. The shooting sequences are easy.

Joe Redifer
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
I believe you can do the shooting sequences again and again until you succeed. It's been awhile, but I remember being frustrated at them... and I also remember getting past them after a try or two. There's gotta be way more than 3, though.

evildragon
06-27-2007, 11:29 PM
It took me about 10 times to beat it. You get 3 times I think, then it says GAME OVER.. Then when you continue, you have to go through the whole "voice/talking" sequence, then you get back to the fighting...

It was hard...

AD2101
06-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Ahh it could have been worse. I got past it after a few tries with my 6-button wireless controller, but at the end I jumped the gun and shot Jaime (damn that was stupid). So I just turned the turbo on my controller and blew right past it the next time as I didn't feel like busting my ass again on it.

evildragon
06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Ahh it could have been worse. I got past it after a few tries with my 6-button wireless controller, but at the end I jumped the gun and shot Jaime (damn that was stupid). So I just turned the turbo on my controller and blew right past it the next time as I didn't feel like busting my ass again on it.
I think we were trying NOT to tell the OP.. ;)

Anyway, yea, I did that too..

Sega Uranus
06-28-2007, 05:28 AM
I guessed something like that.

I also figured out who Harry's parents were early on - I was pissed at myself.

kraftwerks
06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I found it to be pretty easy with the controller. IIRC, the sights automatically center if you aren't pushing in any given direction. Being that everything was a 3x3 grid, it was easy, just push up/right if its in the upper corner, shoot, let go, push in direction of next robot.
I had a much harder time when I tried the justifier. It was just not accurate enough.

Zebbe
06-28-2007, 04:36 PM
I got past it after a few tries with my 6-button wireless controller, but at the end I jumped the gun and shot Jaime (damn that was stupid).

What happened then? Just a game over screen?

evildragon
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM
What happened then? Just a game over screen?
yep, game over.. and when you continue, you get to do the whole voice acting/shooting sequence again..

Iron Lizard
06-30-2007, 06:11 AM
The amazing ending will make it all worth it.

Black_Tiger
06-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Well, after being glued to the game for hours I forced myself to walk away, as I was disgusted from how terrible the last two (Possibly more?) Blaster scenes were put together. Now, I will admit, the Blaster events are awesome (only the Snatcher ones however), and keep the game going at an awesome pace, but for the most part the controls just aren't there, sometimes I even have hit the "C" button a good five times to shoot at all. I can't remember dieing that much in a game in a very long time, and I hate replaying the same scene over, and over, and over, and over again no matter the quality of the outcome.

Who else agrees this lowered the quality of the game?

Is there something I can do to make this area not suck?

Those last two (Possibly more?) blaster scenes were tacked on to the Sega-CD version. They don't exist in the PC Engine version. So that might have something to do with it.

I actually thought that they added to the game by including some actual gameplay to the final act. Although I can see how someone might find the dancing Snatchers ridiculous, its still just a game.

I found the Justifier to be horribly inaccurate/too slow or something compared to using a pad.

Maybe it was because I'd already played through the PC Engine version several times, but all I remember is that I found the Justifier useless and didn't have too much trouble beating those last shoot outs with a pad.

Joe Redifer
06-30-2007, 06:39 PM
You have to get right up to the screen with the Justifier if you want it to be accurate. Too bad the game doesn't let you use the Sega Light Phaser. That was a much better gun.

Black_Tiger
06-30-2007, 07:26 PM
You have to get right up to the screen with the Justifier if you want it to be accurate. Too bad the game doesn't let you use the Sega Light Phaser. That was a much better gun.

If I have to hold it right up to the screen then it doesn't justify using the light gun in the first place. ;)

Joe Redifer
06-30-2007, 08:04 PM
The Justifier justifies it since it's main job is justifying things.

Black_Tiger
06-30-2007, 09:58 PM
The Justifier justifies it since it's main job is justifying things.

The only thing it's ever justified for me was tossing it into an accessory bin 10 years ago and has never been removed since.

But I am eager to give Lethal Enforcers another try after seeing some hilarious sequences in that Annoying Video Game Geek video. :p