PDA

View Full Version : Funky Horror Band

David J.
10-17-2007, 01:32 PM
So was this game based on manga? anime?

I know this was a launch title for the Japanese Mega CD, but it looks like a SMS game.

Joe Redifer
10-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I have an illegal copy of this game. 100% intact fully uncompressed audio (was never made into mp3 for transmission over the net). 100% illegal (certified). I like the opening cinema/song somewhat but the game is nearly unplayable. The graphics are about on par with the overhead scenes of Shining Force which is about Master System quality. No clue what the game is based on, but I don't think it's original. Hopefully we have an anime/manga geek who can answer.

Jules Walter
10-18-2007, 06:13 PM
Eh, always been curious about that one. It's easily one of the least interesting Japan-only Sega CD rpgs (there's maybe 4-5 that seem really nice) but I'd still probably it if it were in English.

Eidolon
12-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Oh, FHB... I remember playing it quite extensively. I bought my Japanese Mega CD very early, sometime in 1991, and until I received "Wonderdog", my two only games were Heavy Nova, Sol-Feace and Funky Horror Band. And incredibly, I spent most of my time with FHB... But I always got stuck at a certain point.

If there was an English translation/patch released, I would still play the game simply for nostalgia.