PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds of the Sega CD coming to the Wii VC?

Sega Uranus
12-14-2007, 12:07 AM
The Turbo Duo is on the Virtual Console... do you think Sega CD has a chance to get on? I mean, even if they release Sonic CD only (which I'm not crazy about) it would be worthwhile.

I mean, come on, Snatcher, Popful Mail, Silpheed, the works.

Joe Redifer
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
A game like Silpheed would never work since that is streamed video and takes up too much space. Games with redbook audio can have the music compressed into shitty MP3s with a great deal lost in quality and become decently sized then. Same goes with Popful Mail, just too much information on the disc, barely any of it redbook. Even Snatcher is pretty big. The Wii just doesn't have the resources to hold such large games.

playgen
12-14-2007, 03:48 AM
You can have Sonic CD on wii by buying Gamecube Sonic Gems Collection, I bet the price of a VC download would be as much or more than you could get the cube collection for.

Zebbe
12-14-2007, 04:45 AM
Isn't there a super-huge harddrive you can buy and store your Virtual Console games in, so there is a lot of space for CD games? If not, it is very bad.

playgen
12-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Theres no hard drive, at least not that I know of. You can use memory cards to store games on, but you can't play them from card. You have to transfer anything you want to play onto the consoles in-built memory.

VinnyT
12-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Or just delete and re-download them later, it's a one time purchase.

0x15e
12-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Has anyone here tried zipping a game like Silpheed? I mean, if they have the resources to emulate and play compressed audio streams instead of CDDA, they probably have the resources to read from a compressed filesystem. If they can get the games small enough to be reasonable, I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do it.

If nothing else, I'd be willing to bet they'll release Sonic CD for VC (questionable pricing notwithstanding).

Iron Lizard
12-14-2007, 01:03 PM
You didnt here it from me since rom sites are not so poplar here but there aresites out there with Sega cd games zipped though they splt up into a bunch of smaller files. they also convert the wav files to mp3's

conando
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I just cant see it happening. There are to few games to keep it running.

conando
12-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Dose anyone like my picture:?:

0x15e
12-14-2007, 02:49 PM
You didnt here it from me since rom sites are not so poplar here but there aresites out there with Sega cd games zipped http://www.vinylfetish.net/silly/facepalm-mini.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of someone doing it recently and actually paying attention to the size. Besides, they'd surely have to use something more cpu efficient than RAR or LZMA if they were going to use it for filesystem compression.

I just cant see it happening. There are to few games to keep it running.Kind of like the TurboGrafx / Super CD? :cool:

Joe Redifer
12-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Or just delete and re-download them later, it's a one time purchase.
Nintendo sure went out of their way to make things annoying!

cj iwakura
12-16-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Genesis games are now playable on Nintendo consoles.

Cinder6
12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Nintendo sure went out of their way to make things annoying!
How's that annoying? You only pay for a game once, and can re-download them...

playgen
12-19-2007, 04:14 PM
It annoying that you can't just play games from memory cards. Having to delete and re-download is hardly convenient - and convenience is the whole point of the virtual console.

Elusive
12-19-2007, 06:18 PM
How's that annoying? You only pay for a game once, and can re-download them...

You could also save a lot of money by buying a single 4-gigabyte hard drive for your computer, and only downloading & installing one program at a time as you need it. It still wouldn't be very convenient, though.

Dirt Ball Gamer
12-25-2007, 12:30 AM
Man you guys got it backwords, what are the chances of these wii games coming to sega cd? Am I right fellas?

Earthworm_Jim_Fan
01-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Are you left? HAW HAW HAW...yeah this post is stupit.

BlowMyCartridge
01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Man you guys got it backwords, what are the chances of these wii games coming to sega cd? Am I right fellas? I'm with you, buddy. Why play a Nintendo when you have Sega?

Earthworm_Jim_Fan
01-09-2008, 09:44 PM
So you can play Sonic and the Secret Rings?