PDA

View Full Version : Sega CD Grounding Plate

Chris Marsh
11-04-2005, 05:41 PM
I recently got a Sega CD system and it did not come with a metal grounding plate that goes below the Genesis. Do I need that to run the Sega CD? If so, does anybody have a Sega CD Model 2 grounding plate that I can buy off of somebody. This is because the Sega CD won't even turn on even when all of the other hookups are in properly. Thanks :)

Melf
11-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't think it's required for the system to run, but cuts out a lot of the interference from the connection. Finding one may be a bit hard though.

Elusive
11-04-2005, 07:01 PM
I run a Mega Drive2 and Mega CD 2 with no grounding plate. The only reason Sega used it was it was to cut down on interference between the consoles, and as a convenient anchor. In reality this is non-existent.

As the metal plate isn't wired to the machine or anything, it can't be the plate (or lack of) that's causing problems with the machine. Try cleaning the connector pins like you would clean a cartridge.

lordofduct
11-04-2005, 07:07 PM
The plate doesn't ground... it just holds the genny in place

What possibly is happening is that the grounding plate is what holds it down and allows a good angle to get a good connection with the Sega CD.

So just fiddle it a bit when off and continually test by turning it on when you get into a place. Then figure out a way to keep it in that position because you don't want it moving during gameplay, that will bugger some stuff up.

Lucky for you though... I have one sitting in my hands right now.
I actually have a few.

I'm still trying to find those 32X spacers... I remember Melf needing one.

Chris Marsh
11-04-2005, 08:49 PM
I have two 32X spacers, but I use them for my 32X system.