PDA

View Full Version : Digital Pictures

Chris Marsh
11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Who owns the rights to Digital Pictures products? If there ever were a compilation of these games, who would make it today?

David J.
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
I dunno.

However... There was talk of the games being remastered, released on DVD, kind of like those DVD games you can play in a normal DVD player or whatnot. I haven't been able to rememeber the name of the publisher, but they had a website, maybe it's on archive.org

But that was 6 to 7 years ago, and it still hasn't happened so I dunno. However, the footage from Maximum Surge (unreleased game) was released and edited into a movie of sorts.

Chris Marsh
11-22-2005, 08:26 PM
I found a making-of video on archive.org that has stuff about Corpse Killer, Slam City, and Supreme Warrior. I have not seen it yet, but I have a feeling that it could be really cheesy. If you care, it is on archive.org and search digital pictures.

j_factor
11-24-2005, 01:23 AM
I think Hasbro owns the rights to their games? I have Sewer Shark, and on the back of the box it says "Sewer Shark is a trademark of Hasbro".

Chris Marsh
11-24-2005, 10:55 AM
I guess that Atari owns the rights to Digital Pictures games since that is what Hasbro's new name is.

David J.
11-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Nope. Hasbro is still Hasbro, I buy Transformers here and there, and guess who the toy maker was? Hasbro.

Hasbro did buy out Atari, and then Infogrames bought out Hasbro interactive, and the Atari trademark.

atm55
11-24-2005, 03:56 PM
I just wish someone would release a compilation. If not officially, I'm sure some homebrewers could clean up the footage and get it running on a PC.

Chris Marsh
11-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Nope. Hasbro is still Hasbro, I buy Transformers here and there, and guess who the toy maker was? Hasbro.

I knew that.

David J.
11-24-2005, 09:35 PM
I just wish someone would release a compilation. If not officially, I'm sure some homebrewers could clean up the footage and get it running on a PC.

There where PC ports of many of the games, actually.

atm55
11-25-2005, 01:27 PM

There where PC ports of many of the games, actually.

I know, but I would love to see them as shareware(and together) with the picture cleaned up.