PDA

View Full Version : Hard Yardage

David J.
02-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Joe Montana Football (the one with out a year attached) was supposed to be based on a game called Hard Yardage, and in some magazine ads and previews the game looks different, kind of like the SMS/GG version, anyone have a magazine scan?

David J.
08-18-2006, 10:22 PM
I just realized this is in the wrong forum, and reading the Trip Hawkins interview has me curious. Does anyone have any good high scans of Joe Montana Football before EA did some work on it? I realize that the orignal devlopers game was much different.

The faint magazine scans I have seen show the game looking like the SMS version.

Joe Redifer
08-19-2006, 04:24 AM
http://www.sega-16.com/Media/Print%20Ad%20Archive/Sega%20I/Sega%20Ad%2016_jpg.jpg

I don't think the SMS version had a perspecive, it was just flat. Notice on this picture that the perspective isn't even correct. The dashed-white lines (whatever they are called) are waaaay off center. There seems to be a lot of room between the top of them and the top of the screen where the sidelines should be. I saw this game in action once on a TV commercial and it was extremely choppy.

Melf
08-19-2006, 04:29 AM
dashed white lines = hash marks. :p

Yeah, everything I've read said that Mediagenic basically told Sega that the game would be ready by September, and then they had nothing to show for it. They basically lied to Sega's face. In desperation, Sega turned to EA, which purposely made as different a game from Madden as possible. Sega got it's football game and EA didn't have to worry about competition.

David J.
08-19-2006, 11:47 AM
It does look like the SMS/GG version, but a bit more slanted.

Still, I think that version kicks the crap out of the Genesis version.

ary incorparated
08-20-2006, 03:05 PM
man football sorry but i find these game boring.