PDA

View Full Version : NEO Myth MD 3in1 flash cartridge

Pages : [1] 2

philiptwood
08-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Well what do you think? Is it a good flash cart for the Genesis? Has anyone homebrewed with this device?

NEO Myth MD 3in1 flash cartridge (http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=33&cat=0&page=1)

http://www.neoflash.com/img/neo2-lite/Neo_MD3in1_01.JPG

David J.
08-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Jesus christ...after like ten years this thing is out?!

philiptwood
08-09-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm just now getting into it... I got plenty of Sege Genesis games that I've had for years but I'm new to the Mega Drive flashcard thing.

roguetrip
08-09-2009, 11:43 PM
This would be an awesome buy if it had a adapter to go between the Genesis/N64/SNES and had a selector switch. alot more cost efficient as well. Being forced to buy 3 versions of the same product doesn't seem fair. :|

Schwazilla
08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS EXISTED!!!!

So, if I understand this right, I can load my Genesis roms into this and then play them all form one cart?

0x15e
08-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Soooo ... who's going to risk $150 on one of these?

sketch
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM
$150?!?! Count me out:)

David J.
08-10-2009, 12:00 AM
I get paid next friday, but no Genesis console here, an I sure as hell ain't buying another one to find out, along with this.

NeoVamp
08-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Q: What payment method your site accept?
A: Our shop accept MoneyBook payment method at this moment, you must follow it to finish your shopping process!

No Paypal? forget it then, I can only pay via paypal.

Schwazilla
08-10-2009, 12:23 AM
$150?!?! Count me out:)

If it works I think its a fair price. It would be literally perfect "emulation"

Baloo
08-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Does it play 32x games too? I could use a flashcart for that for X-men.

QuickSciFi
08-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Interesting device. But for 150 dollars, I'd buy myself some mint CIB genesis games instead (or a really rare md title like Pulseman or Alien Soldier).

CMA Death Adder
08-10-2009, 05:32 AM
I will continue to support Tototek (http://www.tototek.com/), who has already done more for the benefit of the Sega Genesis / Mega Drive, its community and modern day developers than NEO ever will. Their products are high quality and they offer wonderful customer support. Why go with anyone else?

Flygon
08-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Why go with anyone else?
I don't have a parallel port.:daze:

Now, where is my $150 when I need it.

NeoVamp
08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Why go with anyone else?

Because the NEO product offers more internal storage memory and easy usb flashing?

But no worries, if Tomy decides to market his UMKTrilogy cartridge hardware i'll buy that too.

but why did the NEO guys pick such an awful color for their flashcart, wasn't black good enough?

Schwazilla
08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
The 64mb SNES flash cart is $95 I don't see why people, looking for pure game playing (not collecting) would balk at $150 for a cart that can hold a gig.

0x15e
08-11-2009, 12:06 AM
The 64mb SNES flash cart is $95 I don't see why people, looking for pure game playing (not collecting) would balk at $150 for a cart that can hold a gig.Because it's an oddball payment method from a seller that took forever and a day to get the product to market.

Phantar
08-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Well, the 64 MB Flash Cart over at Tototek (http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_20&products_id=59) is still a bit cheaper, so if you'd want a cart just for your Genesis- and 32X-needs, that one would suffice.

However, that the NEO flash cart also includes Markk III - support is a nice extra. Plus, this cart can be linked up via USB, which is a blessing (I remember what a hard time I had getting my Tototek cart to work since via that antiquated LPT-port). Also, it's size is huge!

It's pricey, but considering what else is around it seems worth it (though I still love my Tototek cart, the 32M-version totally satisfies my needs).

NeoVamp
08-11-2009, 09:25 AM
The reason i prefer the Neo Flash is because :

1 - USB support

2 - upgradeable rom size (or even have multiple rom carts around)

3 - runs SMS with real FM sound

4 - all kinds of save ram support

5 - Supports Sega CD bios so you can play every region game

6 - CD Backup ram support

7 - You can backup your Genesis save ram to the flash cart (yay a backup for my rpg carts)

If i wanted this support from a tototek cart i'd have to buy both the megacart for my Sega CD needs,
AND a 32M or 64M flashcart for bigger roms,
and even then i wouldn't be able to have more then 3 or 4 roms on there.

I don't think its wrong for the customer to want the most for their money.

Right now i'm going to see if the NEO guys will eventually change their payment options to include paypal,
then when they do I'll take the gamble and buy a Neo Flash.

sketch
08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
If it works I think its a fair price. It would be literally perfect "emulation"

I agree with you if you were going to use this as your primary game source. But I would still want to collect because I like having physical copies of games.

So for me, it's just a choice of spending $150 to play the games I can't afford on the original hardware or playing them via emu on the computer, I'll go the free route and spend the $150 on more Genny games:)

philiptwood
08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I would like to use this thing as a dev tool... It looks like a pretty neat device, but money is a little tight so I want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck. How reliable is this thing?

NeoVamp
08-11-2009, 02:39 PM
$150 is not expensive for this, i mean the 64M tototek version is like $99
and this one has 512M on board compared to Tototek's 64M

I'd get this just so i could easily flash translated roms like Bare Knuckle III and Monsterworld IV to it.

also that russian MKII hack from Smoke would fit nicely on there.

Chilly Willy
08-11-2009, 04:11 PM
I went ahead and ordered one. I needed a second cart in any case so I can test cart based homebrew networking (with the ZT link cable). This cart also gives me the same abilities as the MegaCart for multi-region CDs as well.

For those who are turned off by the lack of PayPal, they actually DO have PayPal! It's not in the faq, but it's now the default payment option and worked just fine for me.

I'll let folks here know what I think when it comes in and I've had a chance to try it.

Phantar
08-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Please do. I'm intrigued.

Flygon
08-12-2009, 04:23 AM
6 - CD Backup ram support
Wait, what?

NOW I want my $150. Assuming the Sega CD drive itself handles it, and not 'Megacart' style (Which if you ask me, is the Megacarts biggest downfall).

0x15e
08-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll let folks here know what I think when it comes in and I've had a chance to try it.Cool. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

philiptwood
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Cool. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for you.

Same here buddy. :ok:

mrbigreddog
08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Well what do you think? Is it a good flash cart for the Genesis? Has anyone homebrewed with this device?

NEO Myth MD 3in1 flash cartridge (http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=33&cat=0&page=1)

http://www.neoflash.com/img/neo2-lite/Neo_MD3in1_01.JPG

Anyone notice that it says compatible with GBA, SP, NDS and NDSlite???

Chilly Willy
08-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Anyone notice that it says compatible with GBA, SP, NDS and NDSlite???

That just means it will take flash carts meant for those systems. Look at the picture again: you're plugging flash carts meant for something else into an adapter that fits in the MD.

NeoVamp
08-13-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't understand the whole Engrish explanation about how you flash the cartridge though.

The retail pack come with one standard 512M NEO MYTH flash cart
(have 512M flash memory, but don't come with PSRAM).

And you can use NEO2 flash cart too, it'll allow you download the ROM from PC
to MD cart directly and not need burn to flash if your NEO2 cart have PSRAM inside.

So their Genesis flashcart comes WITH a 512M gba tiny model flashcart,
BUT if you want to load a rom directly from your pc into your cart while its in the console you need a NEO2 cart?

so if i want to just hook the cart+flash up to my pc thats okay,
but if i want to burn a rom to it while its sitting in my console i need a NEO2 cart?

its almost 2010 and still we're deciphering things, some things never change. :|

edit : Also.. this thing will let me flash Mastersystem roms to it so i can play them on my Genesis right?
since the Genesis had SMS hardware inside and all..

philiptwood
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
It looks like where you can store games on the GBA cart and play whatever you stored on it without the use of the USB port. I know the Skunkboard for the Atari Jaguar has two USB ports to load USB memory sticks on them, but you have to program the Skunkboard to read the storage devices. Maybe the GBA flash can be read automatically.

NeoVamp
08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
It looks like where you can store games on the GBA cart and play whatever you stored on it without the use of the USB port.

Well you'll still need to flash something on there eventually,
but that wasn't what i was saying, I was trying to understand the site's awful English.

They have a part written there whey they talk about 2 different ways of writing,
but they don't make it clear what they exactly mean.

If i understand correctly there's 2 ways.

1 - put gba flashcard in the Sega cart and put the USB cable into it,
then hook it up to your pc and write the data to it.

2 - put gba flashcard in the Sega cart and then plug the Sega cart into the Genesis console,
Then put the USB cable into it and flash it (or do they mean play directly from your pc? kinda like a quick send?)
but to do it this way you'll need their other GBA flashcard which apparently has different flashram in it or something.

Like i said, kinda hard to understand with all the Engrish on their site.

So should you be reading this dear people of the NEO site, your site is kinda hard to understand,
So feel free to send me one of your NEO flashcards for Sega Megadrive so that i may write a big review for it,

That way people will know exactly what the NEO Flash is about and wether they want to buy one.http://www.sega-16.com/forum/images/icons/talking.gif

Chilly Willy
08-13-2009, 07:25 PM
So their Genesis flashcart comes WITH a 512M gba tiny model flashcart, BUT if you want to load a rom directly from your pc into your cart while its in the console you need a NEO2 cart?

What that means is that if you have something plugged in that has RAM (like the NEO2), you can download from the PC directly to the RAM instead of the flash. That is great for temporary files... say you wish to try something, but the flash is full of your favorite games. However, RAM needs power to keep its contents. That's why it has to be plugged in - the moment you turn off the MD or unplug the cart, no more power and the RAM loses its contents.

edit : Also.. this thing will let me flash Mastersystem roms to it so i can play them on my Genesis right? since the Genesis had SMS hardware inside and all..

I think so. It sounds like it has the equivalent of the Power Base Converter built into it, along with the FM chip that was in the Japanese SMS, but left off the US and European models.

NeoVamp
08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
What that means is that if you have something plugged in that has RAM (like the NEO2), you can download from the PC directly to the RAM instead of the flash. That is great for temporary files... say you wish to try something, but the flash is full of your favorite games. However, RAM needs power to keep its contents. That's why it has to be plugged in - the moment you turn off the MD or unplug the cart, no more power and the RAM loses its contents.

aah like that, thats pretty cool and quite handy if you're a Genesis coder.

Chilly Willy you ordered yours already right? did they give you any estimation when it will arrive on your doorstep?
cause i already transfered money for one to my paypal but i wanna know what you think of it first.

Chilly Willy
08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
aah like that, thats pretty cool and quite handy if you're a Genesis coder.

Chilly Willy you ordered yours already right? did they give you any estimation when it will arrive on your doorstep?
cause i already transfered money for one to my paypal but i wanna know what you think of it first.

It's coming from Hong Kong. No idea on when - it's almost impossible to say on international shipping like that. However, I've never had anything from Hong Kong take longer than six days to arrive. So it'll probably be early next week to the middle of the week before it arrives.

NCrouther
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I got in on a group buy of these at Underground Gamer. Once I get it and try it out, I will post my thoughts.

maxmofo
08-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Anyone interested in starting a group buy here? With about 10 people we could get a good deal on the sega cart and maybe the flash card adapter.

NeoVamp
08-24-2009, 06:40 AM
So mine came in the mail today and i'm currently trying to get it to work,
my windows xp wanted to install drivers but couldn't find them, so i looked on the NEO site.

turns out their driver for this thing is still the old one for when it was still LPT based. (http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=121&Itemid=30)
(the zip contains a pdf that clearly shows old pictures of a totally different flashcart)

and the cdrom shown on this pic? yeah my package did not have that. (http://www.neoflash.com/myth/MD_Myth_retail_04.JPG)

The cart itself however looks to be pretty solid though, so lets see where this goes.

edit : Guess i'm not the only one who they forgot to give the driver cd to. (last reply on the bottom) (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5667.0.html)

retrospiel
08-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Anyone interested in starting a group buy here? With about 10 people we could get a good deal on the sega cart and maybe the flash card adapter.

I second this idea. Let's get a group buy together. If you're interested in joining and have a PayPal account contact me via my gmail account: Christuserloeser -at- gmail -dot- com

If we get 10 people together, then the cart would cost $100. I'd be happy if we'd get 8 people together, then I'd pay for two carts.

Beastech
08-24-2009, 10:06 AM
NeoVamp, were you able to try it, or was the missing CD a deal breaker?

NeoVamp
08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
NeoVamp, were you able to try it, or was the missing CD a deal breaker?

Well so far its a deal breaker since i can't install the software to flash roms to the cart.

I was able to try it (it came with Phantasy Star 1 sms preflashed)

but thats about it, i can't flash anything on there without the correct drivers.

very bad way of doing business, no correct drivers on the IC2005 site or the NEO site.

philiptwood
08-24-2009, 12:04 PM
You tried contacting them? Why sell a flash cart with no driver to install? Surely they have some alternative because it looks like a solid product.

philiptwood
08-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Here's a link to their forum.

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php

NeoVamp
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
You tried contacting them?

Yeah i posted a message on the IC2005 support forum (http://www.ic2005.com/us/forumdisplay.php?f=3),
but they made it so you can only see your own posts, i can't even see other people's questions.
Privacy my ass, they just don't want you to read that other people also have problems with stuff they sell.

and there's no point in registering at the NEO forum,
Since I'm currently monitoring a post someone made there who has the same problem as me. (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5667.msg40354.html#msg40354)

I'm sure it will work out, its just annoying.

David J.
08-24-2009, 08:07 PM
so is this like 512mb like I would have on a cd or 512mb like a genesis game?

Chilly Willy
08-24-2009, 08:19 PM
It's 512 Mbit, not 512 MByte.

NeoVamp
08-24-2009, 09:10 PM
so its 64 Megabyte's for those of you who didn't grow up with the bits.

Chilly Willy
08-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Of course, that's just the module that comes with it. You can buy other larger modules from the same folks to plug into the thing.

NeoVamp
08-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Just wanted to share that i finally got mine working after Dr.neo posted a new program (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=e782217821c7646945ad27ae0ca43e 3a&topic=5744.0) which had the drivers for the flashcart included.

just played a couple rounds of Mortal Kombat II Unlimited, pretty cool stuff.

sadly i gotta stop since the cart seems to dislike certain games and then the program gives a loud pc beep.
(right from the pc speaker so you can't just turn off the sound)
Which kinda sucks when you're trying it out in the middle of the frigging night.

Too early too tell, i'm also not happy that i read on their forums that beta testing for the cart started AFTER they had put the thing on sale.
you'd think Beta testing would begin before they sell it.

but hey I'm not Asian, maybe its normal business practice there. :?

retrospiel
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I am one of the beta testers and I received my cartridge today. I already did a variety of tests and will post some detailed report during the next days. Atm, I can confirm that it works flawless with my HDG model 1 Genesis, Nomad and Multi-Mega (European CDX).

The hardware itself is really impressive. All of the (minor) flaws I ran into so far were caused by the software side of things and thus would be easily fixable.

I recommend to give Neoflash a few days/weeks to get the software side of things straightened out.

NeoVamp
08-27-2009, 09:31 AM
I recommend to give Neoflash a few days/weeks to get the software side of things straightened out.

Yeah it seems pretty compatible with regular roms.

some problems i have had, which you might want to tell Mr.Neo about.

1 - everytime the program finishes flashing (or fails) it makes my computer give a beep,
and not just a normal beep, a LOUD pc speaker beep.
could you ask him to just use the windows sound? i'd much prefer a little BLOOP then the obnoxious pc speaker.

2 - Bare Knuckle III translated rom won't flash.

3 - Beyond Zero Tolerance (Beta) won't flash

4 - Super Mario 2 1998 (Unl) [!] won't flash

5 - That KOF98 pirate rom will flash but won't run.

6 - the flashing program installs itself at C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\
could he make the next version stand alone without having to install? (so i can put it where i want)
or make it install itself in program files or something.

7 - I don't know if its possible, but i would enjoy it very much if the file names on the cart could be longer,
also instead of 1 rom name at a time perhaps show a list? with different colors for 32X/SMS/Gen roms?

also the kof98 rom problems might just be because of internal protection,
but Top Fighter 2000 and Tekken 3 and Virtua Fighter Vs Taken 2 run perfect.

Ecco II beta also runs perfect.

Chilly Willy
08-27-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm still waiting for mine - I got a message saying my order was processed, but no cart yet. :(

Fonzie
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
How the megacd/segacd bios feature is working?
Kinda like the ProCDX (black screen and boot)
Or like Megacart (it replace the whole bios by a new one)

I'm curious to know which mechanism they copied.

NeoVamp
08-27-2009, 03:50 PM

You know.. they didn't mention how to get that working,
with the cart inside you get the game menu everytime, i tried holding a,b,c,start.

nothing.

does anyone know how to enable the Sega CD stuff?

17daysolderthannes
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
its only $99 a piece if you bulk buy 10 or more...not bad IMO. Only downside is I don't know if there are 10 willing members in any one country to get a 10 cart bulk buy together, lol.

retrospiel
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
some problems i have had, which you might want to tell Mr.Neo about

I will. Thank you for your feedback.

- I had no problems whatsoever to run translations and trained ROMs so far. Will try RedComet's Bare Knuckle 3 translation asap.

I don't think the Neo Myth cart has a MCD/SCD BIOS feature at all (yet?).

its only $99 a piece if you bulk buy 10 or more...not bad IMO. Only downside is I don't know if there are 10 willing members in any one country to get a 10 cart bulk buy together, lol.

Does it matter if we're located in one country ? - I'd buy them and could send them out to the US & Canada for $125, Europe for €80.

NeoVamp
08-27-2009, 05:56 PM
I don't think the Neo Myth cart has a MCD/SCD BIOS feature at all (yet?).

I quote from the product web page. (http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=33&cat=0&page=1)

D. SEGA CD
CD BIOS (PLAY ANY REGION GAME CD )
CD BACK RAM

mugenmidget
08-27-2009, 06:42 PM
This seems really cool, are there any bulk buys going on right now? I might have to get in on one.

Diosoth
08-27-2009, 10:36 PM
$150 is about $110 more than I'd pay. Then again, this company appears to overcharge for everything the sell, including their outdated, inferior GBA and DS items.

retrospiel
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Well, I'd be lying if I were to say that I'd not prefer if it would cost $30, but at the same time I feel that this thing is worth the money they are asking for.

NeoVamp
08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Just played some Bare Knuckle III (translated version) on my NEO cart,
I guess that proves what i've been thinking all along, its not the roms that fail to flash,

But it seems to be the flash process itself, hopefully that can be fixed with better drivers/programs.

Its kinda annoying though, since you'd create this entire list of games and then halfway during the flash it would say BEEP "READBACK FAILED"

and you have to unplug the cart and try again.

I have been thinking of buying one of their carts that allow flashing while the unit is on though,
that would be pretty sweet, i could just sit on my bed with my laptop and upload roms.

gamegenie
08-28-2009, 11:35 AM
$149.99, ha I'll pass on that too.

17daysolderthannes
08-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Maybe if I had caught wind of this before amassing a 112 game Genesis and 32X collection and if Genesis games weren't the most inexpensive unwanted bastards of the retro gaming market, but as it is, even the most expensive of Genesis games would be cheaper than this flashcart. The only way you can really justify this cartridge is if you have a Nomad that you really do use all the time, you really need/want a Sega CD RAM cart (and I do...), you want to desperately play prototypes on real hardware, or you're doing the ultra-expensive collector math and have determined that this cart is cheaper than a copy of MUSHA, Alien Soldier, Mega Man Wily Wars, and Pulseman put together.

I'm glad someone finally got one that works just off of USB, but its still too much to be worth it when I have all of this with graphics filters, save states, customizable controls (and a wide array of controllers to choose from thanks to a PS2 adapter), etc. with 99% accuracy on my XBOX, PC, and Mac.

17daysolderthannes
08-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Does it matter if we're located in one country ? - I'd buy them and could send them out to the US & Canada for $125, Europe for 80.

If they were all in the US, for example, you could do it for about $105 a piece.

retrospiel
08-28-2009, 07:53 PM
To add to the reasons why anyone would want to buy this (aside of having more than 100 Genesis games on a single cartridge): I'd say Master System support is the best feature on this cartridge - especially with its built-in FM2413 support. This makes the games sound almost like Mega Drive / Genesis games, and it beats owning a Power Base Converter or regular US/EU Master System.

David J.
08-28-2009, 11:00 PM
I saw it worked with one of the (GBA?) carts that supports SD? What cart is that?

retrospiel
08-28-2009, 11:48 PM
I think it's the Neo2-TF: http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=42&cat=0&page=1

or Neo2-SD: http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=58&cat=0&page=1

Sektor
08-29-2009, 05:54 AM
I got a free sample, so I might be a bit biased :P

I posted this on neoflash forums but figured more people would read it here:

Here's a poor quality photo I took. I don't have an RGB cable, so you get to see blurry composite. I can run the menu in an emulator but then the picture would be even less interesting.

http://gtamp.com/md/neomdmyth201.jpg

They spelt Genesis wrong but a simple hex edit of the menu can fix that. 22 characters for filenames is a bit limiting but at least it's not 8.3. A list of files would be better than only showing one at a time. If the new filename is shorter than the previous filename, it still shows part of the old filename. You can't add a new file without reburning all the old ones.

I only have the 512mbit cart. I've heard that even if you have the Neo2 with SD, it currently can't copy or load from the SD slot and it only loads what's already in the Neo2's RAM.

NeoVamp
08-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Pretty much agree with you about everything,
this thing needs the following :

1 - Better menu with longer names and a list that we can scroll down instead of the 1 game each time thing we have now,
also it would be nice to have pages for roms, so we could press left or right and choose between Genesis/SMS/32x roms.
(or even the ability to create pages ourselves, we could have beta pages and japan roms etc)

2 - Am i the only one who has this burning problem? last night for example i put together a dir with every SMS game (euro/usa) and wanted to burn it to cart,
but at 75% i got another one of those damn errors. (they seem to happen randomly)
Now if this problem could be fixed this thing would be fucking awesome complete!

3 - the ability to just ADD roms instead of having to reflash the entire thing everytime,
especially with the burn failures it would be nice if you could just add games.

retrospiel
08-29-2009, 12:07 PM
I never ran into one single error during burning hundreds of ROMS.

NeoVamp
08-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I never ran into one single error during burning hundreds of ROMS.

Thats odd, i keep getting them every couple roms or so,

here i just tried to burn some roms and here's the errors i get.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3987/image4noq.png

Also every time i reboot my computer the drivers are gone and i have to reinstall,
maybe thats part of the problem.

I don't dare flash a lot of roms together anymore because there's just too much chance
that one of them fails to flash and I'll have to retry and retry.

I think I'll just register at the NEO forums and share my problems there,
maybe i'm not the only one?

retrospiel
08-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Here's what I did: Installed the initial XP version of the Neo 2 Ultra Menu software package. Copied the updated DPInst.xml to C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\DRIVER\XPorLater\. Clicked on DPInst.exe to install the driver.

In C:\NEO2 Ultra Menu\ I clicked on register.bat to register the DLLs.

That's it. Never had a problem since.

But yeah, maybe it's best to register at NEO's forums to see if others have the same problems. Things don't seem self-explanatory and the software side of things still appears a bit lacking (I guess it's because we're still in beta phase)

Sektor
08-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I've had a couple of readback errors during burn but not as many as NeoVamp seems to be having. The Windows app has a few options for formatting (fast, standard, low level), maybe there are some bad blocks on your cart that aren't being marked. I'm using a USB cable that I already had connected to my PC. It's longer than the cable that shipped with the cart but shouldn't really make a difference.

retrospiel
08-29-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm using a USB cable that I already had connected to my PC. It's longer than the cable that shipped with the cart

Same here.

Chilly Willy
08-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I just got mine in the mail! First impressions: they don't take much care with the packaging for shipping - the plastic display case is wrapped with a single piece of cardboard, then placed in an unpadded shipping envelope. While the cart was undamaged, I don't consider this "decent" for shipping. It's even worse than cheap sellers on eBay. For the price, I'd expect a box and good packing material - either popcorn or bubble wrap.

There was no CD included, despite one shown in the picture. I guess that's because the software is still in beta and only available online. If you bought this from a third-party and weren't aware of their online software, you might be stuck.

The USB cable might be short, but it's better than no cable at all. :)

The cart itself is just slightly larger than a normal cart; it's almost identical in size to the Sonic & Knuckles lock-on cart. They bear a strong resemblance. It seems to be rather well made - it's not flimsy or "lite" - it feels solid. You won't be scared you're going to break this.

I'll make another post after I've had a chance to try it out.

Diosoth
08-30-2009, 12:44 AM
As to their pricing of this device, this company sells their DS flash cards for $50. You can get the far superior Acekard 2.1 for about $10 online at various stores. But, as with the Retro USB PowerPak, no competition means they can charge whatever they want.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a flood of flash carts for older systems. You'd think all the companies making clone systems would want to tap into the market for games since they're making and selling systems with no current market support.

17daysolderthannes
08-30-2009, 12:49 AM
As to their pricing of this device, this company sells their DS flash cards for $50. You can get the far superior Acekard 2.1 for about $10 online at various stores. But, as with the Retro USB PowerPak, no competition means they can charge whatever they want.

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen a flood of flash carts for older systems. You'd think all the companies making clone systems would want to tap into the market for games since they're making and selling systems with no current market support.

its probably because its such a specialized device and there is such a limited market. When you spend alot of time on retro forums you tend to think there is a huge market for this stuff, but the reality is retro games are super cheap and emulation is free so there just aren't many people that want that tenth of a percent better accuracy by playing them on real hardware through a flashcart. People either want the simplicity and authenticity of playing the real game on the real hardware or the convenience and price (free) of emulating it.

Knuckle Duster
08-30-2009, 01:04 AM

The clone systems are aimed at non-technical nostalgic people with enough disposable income to spend 20-40 bucks on a "cool toy."

Flash carts for that same crowd would require a reasonable to use shell with a graphical front end, or decent firmware to handle them on a file system able to work with the hardware.

"Effort."

Then there's the ability to get roms, it's closeness with readily available emulation software which would no doubt kill physical product interest.

You're putting too much faith in the idea that these clone systems are anything more than a small-time setup, inked between a few different fab shops in asia. (and still one of their OEMs happened to get an 'official license' whored out to them...ugh)

retrospiel
08-30-2009, 06:16 AM
You're putting too much faith in the idea that these clone systems are anything more than a small-time setup, inked between a few different fab shops in asia. (and still one of their OEMs happened to get an 'official license' whored out to them...ugh)

Hey, like 17days mentioned in another thread: Yobo's recent FC3 Plus clone is far superior to the officially licensed AtGames crap or even Sega's model 2 or model 3 variants (aside of the missing RGB).

Diosoth
08-30-2009, 06:44 AM
The clone systems are aimed at non-technical nostalgic people with enough disposable income to spend 20-40 bucks on a "cool toy."

Flash carts for that same crowd would require a reasonable to use shell with a graphical front end, or decent firmware to handle them on a file system able to work with the hardware.

"Effort."

Then there's the ability to get roms, it's closeness with readily available emulation software which would no doubt kill physical product interest.

It wouldn't be harder to make than the GBA flash carts. I own an EZ-Flash IV. it's not of the "drag and drop" level of ease as DS cards, but it' snot hard to use.

I doubt the companies would care about 100% compatibility anyway. Not even the GBA carts have that, what with no real time clock(Pokemon) or light sensor(Boktai).

Besides, if emulation was really a factor, these clones wouldn't sell as well as they do.

Knuckle Duster
08-31-2009, 03:40 AM
It wouldn't be harder to make than the GBA flash carts. I own an EZ-Flash IV. it's not of the "drag and drop" level of ease as DS cards, but it' snot hard to use.

I doubt the companies would care about 100% compatibility anyway. Not even the GBA carts have that, what with no real time clock(Pokemon) or light sensor(Boktai).

You completely missed the point.
It would 'cost something', and serve as a potential conflict of interest.

Besides, if emulation was really a factor, these clones wouldn't sell as well as they do.

Which is why introducing people to ROMs is a bad idea.

Are you for real?

You basically disagreed with me here, told us your opinion on GBA flashcards, then told me essentially 'What I Said' as if it was a point, other than an oxymoron towards your original statement:

Yes, "Roms = Emulator Knowledge = Probable bad sales for clones = Less revenue"

I have never disputed flashcards as not being something that would sell, only expressed that it would be unlikely to happen directly from 'a clone fabricating vendor' for reasons already pointed out.

If the market was dead due to hardware saturation, sure a fab shop would probably churn out flash carts. It's still a growing business in the retro scene though, why would they introduce you to emulation alternatives?

Diosoth
08-31-2009, 04:33 AM
You completely missed the point.
It would 'cost something', and serve as a potential conflict of interest.

Which is why introducing people to ROMs is a bad idea.

Are you for real?

You basically disagreed with me here, told us your opinion on GBA flashcards, then told me essentially 'What I Said' as if it was a point, other than an oxymoron towards your original statement:

Yes, "Roms = Emulator Knowledge = Probable bad sales for clones = Less revenue"

I have never disputed flashcards as not being something that would sell, only expressed that it would be unlikely to happen directly from 'a clone fabricating vendor' for reasons already pointed out.

If the market was dead due to hardware saturation, sure a fab shop would probably churn out flash carts. It's still a growing business in the retro scene though, why would they introduce you to emulation alternatives?

I'd argue with you, but i just noticed your name, and realized it's not worth the trouble, because you never listen to a goddamn word anyone says. You're always 100% riht and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. You're like The Amazing Atheist, pointless to argue with.

Flash carts need ROMs to work, period. The fact that emulators are available has not hurt the market for such devices, and it will not in the future. If they did, NO ONE would buy these devices. Now, go back to your fantasy world and leave the rest of us alone.

Knuckle Duster
08-31-2009, 05:51 AM
I'd argue with you, but i just noticed your name, and realized it's not worth the trouble, because you never listen to a goddamn word anyone says. You're always 100% riht and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong. You're like The Amazing Atheist, pointless to argue with.

Flash carts need ROMs to work, period. The fact that emulators are available has not hurt the market for such devices, and it will not in the future. If they did, NO ONE would buy these devices. Now, go back to your fantasy world and leave the rest of us alone.

You're ridiculous. I listen to what a lot of people say and I never looked for an argument here, but since you felt necessary to insult me, I'll indulge you.

Time for some big letters to hopefully breach the wall of stupid you bubble yourself with:

EMULATORS WOULDN'T HURT FLASHCART SALES...THEY WOULD HURT CLONE SYSTEM SALES...WHICH IS WHY CLONE CONSOLE SYSTEM MANUFACTURERS WOULDN'T SELL THEM WHEN THE MARKET STILL HAS DEMAND FOR CLONE SYSTEMS...WHICH IS WHAT YOU PROPOSED THEY DO...NEWSFLASH: BY INTRODUCING 'ROMS' TO CUSTOMERS, THEY ALSO INTRODUCE EMULATORS...THIS IS CALLED A 'CONFLICT OF INTEREST'...OR BAD FOR BUSINESS...OK? DID YOU GET THAT? TAKE YOUR TIME, YOU WILL FIGURE IT OUT.

For comparing me a youtube celebrity nobody gives two fucks about, just for pointing out your idea's flaws, also for dropping the ball on multiple occasions and your perpetual inability to comprehend what you read, I hereby brand you a "Furry-Loving-Fucktard"

You even refer to yourself in multiples (us), which is strange enough because clearly the only person I'm talking to here is you.

Knuckle Duster
08-31-2009, 06:16 AM
Ok,
It seems Diosoth is repeatedly missing the major underlying point that 'Clone systems' are threatened by emulators because they're both effectively substitutes for real hardware.

Clones are niche enough to be profitable to casual gamers who want to 'relive their childhood' by grabbing one to play old games on, this same group of people would probably pass on paying for a clone if they had access to(or were motivated to check out) emulators.

This is where a conflict of interest could arise.

Where "Flashcarts need roms, emulators wouldn't hurt flashcart sales" came from is beyond me.

I know these long responses are largely unnecessary at this point, I just hope I'm not the only one facepalming at him.

NeoVamp
08-31-2009, 10:04 AM
I think most people who buy a clone system do it because part of them misses the old days,
so they get a cheap clone system and buy like 3 games from ebay (cart only probably)

and spend a day playing Sonic and saying "OH MAN THOSE WERE THE DAYS"

I doubt those kinda people would invest in a flashcard when an Emulator does the same thing,
I mean if you're gonna go oldskool why use a clone system in the first place?

TmEE
08-31-2009, 12:56 PM
I got mine today, and first impression is good. I had to locate one file manually during software driver installation, but other than that things went smoothly.
YM2413 is indeed present in the cart, but its sounding distorted, and cause is non-optimal audio mixer/buffer.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/NeoMyth1.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/NeoMyth2.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/NeoMyth3.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/NeoMyth4.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/21/1876835/NeoMyth5.jpg

Chilly Willy
08-31-2009, 12:57 PM
I've played emulators for years, but never got a flash cart until I started doing homebrew for the console. The motivation there is to show you're capable of making something that works on real hardware (often, homebrew may work in an emulator, but not on real hardware). That's not going to be a major target demographic. :)

philiptwood
08-31-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow... Now I know I got to get me one of these things. It looks like it's working pretty good for you all. :)

NeoVamp
08-31-2009, 09:33 PM
For those who want to play through Phantasy Star with FM music here's something you might want to use.

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1069/

This is a re-translation patch for the Japanese version of Phantasy Star,
since the English version does not support FM sound.

(you can still switch to non FM music by pressing the button on top of the cart btw)

TmEE
09-01-2009, 08:03 AM
I wonder if this thing can ger Win9x driver too, the software seems to work with no issues under 98SE... I could install 2K driver but it did not start working...
I don't like to boot to XP every time I wanna update some content on the cart....

Sektor
09-01-2009, 11:05 AM
SEGA CD
CD BACK RAM

This feature doesn't seem to exist. I was able to run a Mega-CDII BIOS from the menu but after displaying the Mega-CD logo, it just froze. I have to take out the Myth cart to use my Mega-CDII. I can only hope they or someone else adds that feature through software. Dr.neo has stated that they will release the menu source code.

It's still cool without that. USB is great and it works on Windows 7. It's my first MD flash cart. The hardware has great potential, it just needs better software.

NeoVamp
09-01-2009, 06:18 PM
This feature doesn't seem to exist.

Sounds like false advertising then.

But hey knowing that the source code for the menu is going to be released makes me happy,
maybe someone will make a nice menu with little icons and stuff, kinda like the Super Wildcard DX had.

with a little 32X icon and Sega CD icon, SMS icon, etc.

hell maybe even add action replay and game-genie options.

Flygon
09-02-2009, 06:14 AM
This feature doesn't seem to exist. I was able to run a Mega-CDII BIOS from the menu but after displaying the Mega-CD logo, it just froze. I have to take out the Myth cart to use my Mega-CDII. I can only hope they or someone else adds that feature through software. Dr.neo has stated that they will release the menu source code.
Any motivation in wanting this cart has officially disappeared until someone modifies that source to work properly.:(

Knuckle Duster
09-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Any motivation in wanting this cart has officially disappeared until someone modifies that source to work properly.:(

Please post a link to the source code here once it surfaces folks. ;)

retrospiel
09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Sounds like false advertising then.

Well, to me it seems that these missing features might be implemented soon-ish with firmware updates (i.e. menu updates). I read that Game Genie support is planned but atm it is listed as not yet implemented.

You're right though that SCD support is listed as already supported but actually isn't, as of now. Still, I am sure it might be implemented sooner or later.

Zebbe
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I think I will pass on this one. I already have a FM-chipped SMS, two flashcarts (one with S-RAM, one with Mega-CD BIOSes) and money to buy the games I want instead of getting illegal ROMs to play on my Mega Drive.

NeoVamp
09-03-2009, 08:51 AM
I think I will pass on this one. I already have a FM-chipped SMS, two flashcarts (one with S-RAM, one with Mega-CD BIOSes) and money to buy the games I want instead of getting illegal ROMs to play on my Mega Drive.

I see, so those 2 flashcarts you have are somehow different to this flashcart?

Zebbe
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Yes. I've written some texts you may read if you want:

Mega Cart (http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php?id=238&title=Sega%20Gear:%20Tototek%20Mega%20Cart) - I bought this so I could play foreign MCD games on my system.

MD-Pro (http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php?id=283&title=Sega%20Gear:%20MD-Pro%20Flash%20Card) - I bought this for... well, THIS (http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php?id=172&title=Fan%20Translations:%20Emulation%20&%20Hardware).

NeoVamp
09-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I read those 2 pages and i still don't understand why you would say that your flashcards are any different,
in the end both can run translated roms and hopefully with a menu fix the NEO cart owners can also boot different Sega CD bios files.
(which was promised to us to begin with)

so again i ask, why are you so morally superior while both flashcards can do the same thing?

well?

While i wait for your answer i will play some translated Bare Knuckle III and some translated Phantasy Star 1 (with fm sound and save option)

or should i play some Monster World IV? i love MW4.

mugenmidget
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd also like to know if there are any benefit to those other cards, I think that $150 is kind of steep but considering everything you can do with the NEO Myth card it becomes easy to justify the expense.

retrospiel
09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
MegaCart definitely has a benefit over the Myth cart: multi region support for your SCD. (well, that and its lower price + beautiful packaging)

If you want Master System with FM sound then the Neo Myth 3-in-1 is the one you want.

mugenmidget
09-03-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh, I wasn't aware you couldn't use it for region free SEGA CD gaming, or at least not yet. I hope that gets resolved soon.

Zebbe
09-04-2009, 01:28 AM
I read those 2 pages and i still don't understand why you would say that your flashcards are any different,
in the end both can run translated roms and hopefully with a menu fix the NEO cart owners can also boot different Sega CD bios files.
(which was promised to us to begin with)

so again i ask, why are you so morally superior while both flashcards can do the same thing?

well?

While i wait for your answer i will play some translated Bare Knuckle III and some translated Phantasy Star 1 (with fm sound and save option)

or should i play some Monster World IV? i love MW4.

I didn't say they were different, but they were released much earlier and I bought them. I don't know what you mean with "morally superior" but I didn't buy them to never buy any real MD carts again, I actually have the original MWIV, King Colossus etc.

Joe Redifer
09-04-2009, 07:03 AM
I am interested in this, but it seems almost as if products like these are only made by those who speak little English and have dodgy support. Why can't people in the US make something like this? Why is it always China or somesuch? I want something that works with USB only (parallel ports are for Nazis) and has a program that installs on the computer and does what it is supposed to do and doesn't need to have certain install files manually manipulated (like DLL files or whatever) for it to run properly. Granted, if a ROM is bad and doesn't work, that is the ROM's fault. But I really don't see why it should be so hard to make a competent flashing program, though apparently it is judging by the issues people are having in this thread.

Also, can someone please post a recoding of the "distorted" FM sound from Phantasy Star 1? If the FM is weird, that is a deal-breaker.

retrospiel
09-04-2009, 09:30 AM
It is okay but could be better (cleaner). Once TmEE figured out a fix/mod, I am sure that NeoTeam will use it for their next batch.

Same for the flashing program: It's a beta and buggy and doesn't have all planned features yet. I hope and think that this will change sooner or later.

Flygon
09-04-2009, 07:42 PM
I just hope this doesn't burn the reputation 360 style, it has potential but it needs to stop crashing first. :daze:

17daysolderthannes
09-04-2009, 08:21 PM

So do you play your Mega Drive while eating caviar and driving your yacht? None of us deserve to play Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Pulseman, Alien Solder, and other games not released or only released via the Sega Channel in the US?

If this was 1993, I would agree with a conscientious objection to ROMs, but it's 2009 and it's really a preposterous stance to claim anyone is missing out (financially) from the existence of freely available ROMs. Mind you as well, the possession of said ROMs is pretty much a non-actionable event. The courts can't even shut down the Pirate Bay, a site that enables the sharing of movies/music/games before they are even officially released to the public. As long as no one is profiting from these ROMs, it's practically about as illegal as taking pennies from the "leave a penny, take a penny" tray. At this point, ROMs are like 1920's black and white films: a history lesson that should be enjoyed without the chains of unjustified corporate greed. If companies like Nintendo were smart, they would just STFU about it and use the resurgent popularity of games to inspire modern sequels (which already happens, look at Punch Out!, I guarantee you the popularity of ROMs had alot to do with that) instead of nickel and diming you (more like ten and twenty-ing you) to download the same damn thing over the Wii VC with no additional content or features.

I am interested in this, but it seems almost as if products like these are only made by those who speak little English and have dodgy support. Why can't people in the US make something like this? Why is it always China or somesuch? I want something that works with USB only (parallel ports are for Nazis) and has a program that installs on the computer and does what it is supposed to do and doesn't need to have certain install files manually manipulated (like DLL files or whatever) for it to run properly. Granted, if a ROM is bad and doesn't work, that is the ROM's fault. But I really don't see why it should be so hard to make a competent flashing program, though apparently it is judging by the issues people are having in this thread.

Also, can someone please post a recoding of the "distorted" FM sound from Phantasy Star 1? If the FM is weird, that is a deal-breaker.

It's because US companies would undergo too much legal pressure. In China, they have almost no intellectual property laws (I think Neo is in Korea, but it's probably similar there), so they simply don't give a shit. What a company should do is pretend they are doing it to market some shitty download-only NES games so they don't have to make a cartridge each time, even though both parties know exactly what is going on. It would be hard to pin them as responsible for copyright infringement if they don't provide ROMs and technically sell their own games, however crappy.

I just hope this doesn't burn the reputation 360 style, it has potential but it needs to stop crashing first. :daze:

I don't think this will ever sell enough units for most people to even know it exists, therefore I would find it hard to compare it to a 360. Besides, this is mostly software problems from the sound of things, the 360 has shitty hardware.

Zebbe
09-05-2009, 01:35 AM
So do you play your Mega Drive while eating caviar and driving your yacht? None of us deserve to play Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Pulseman, Alien Solder, and other games not released or only released via the Sega Channel in the US?

If this was 1993, I would agree with a conscientious objection to ROMs, but it's 2009 and it's really a preposterous stance to claim anyone is missing out (financially) from the existence of freely available ROMs. Mind you as well, the possession of said ROMs is pretty much a non-actionable event. The courts can't even shut down the Pirate Bay, a site that enables the sharing of movies/music/games before they are even officially released to the public. As long as no one is profiting from these ROMs, it's practically about as illegal as taking pennies from the "leave a penny, take a penny" tray. At this point, ROMs are like 1920's black and white films: a history lesson that should be enjoyed without the chains of unjustified corporate greed. If companies like Nintendo were smart, they would just STFU about it and use the resurgent popularity of games to inspire modern sequels (which already happens, look at Punch Out!, I guarantee you the popularity of ROMs had alot to do with that) instead of nickel and diming you (more like ten and twenty-ing you) to download the same damn thing over the Wii VC with no additional content or features.

You can always buy the PAL or JP copy of the game(s) and play it on your system via Game Genie, Mega Key or by modding the system. Or you can just buy the game, shelf it and play its ROM on a flashcart.

Knuckle Duster
09-05-2009, 01:44 AM
You can always buy the PAL or JP copy of the game(s) and play it on your system via Game Genie, Mega Key or by modding the system. Or you can just buy the game, shelf it and play its ROM on a flashcart.

If I ever luck out and become incredibly wealthy, I'm going to fly to Sweden and fart on you.

Zebbe
09-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, I buy many American and Japanese games and play them on my system thanks to modding, I see no problem with that.

Flygon
09-06-2009, 02:49 AM
Is it really illegal if they aren't losing a profit if you download the ROM?

Lets face it, buying second hand brings no profit to the company, downloading a ROM brings no profit to the company.

See where I'm coming at?

Therefor, I see no problem with downloading ROM's to use on a flash cart for a 90's console.

Anyway, I'll step out of this discussion, I'll end up getting myself banned in a flame war. :daze:

HappehLemons
09-06-2009, 03:02 AM
Is it really illegal if they aren't losing a profit if you download the ROM?

Lets face it, buying second hand brings no profit to the company, downloading a ROM brings no profit to the company.

See where I'm coming at?

Therefor, I see no problem with downloading ROM's to use on a flash cart for a 90's console.

Anyway, I'll step out of this discussion, I'll end up getting myself banned in a flame war. :daze:

Stimulate the economy, duh! ;)

I would totally be down for doing this but games like Pulseman cost over $100 on ebay.

Although I find it hard to enjoy a game if I'm playing it with an emulator I don't see anything wrong with downloading a rom of a sega game and I wouldn't call someone out on it.

Zebbe
09-06-2009, 11:28 AM
There are other places than eBay to get games. I got my Pulseman copy for far less on JapanGameStock.

sasuke
09-07-2009, 03:16 PM

I somewhat agree with this statement. I would download an mp3 on the internet first (I have not downloaded illegally since last year, though), and then buy the CD if it contained extra features like a DVD containing special features like music videos or behind the scenes stuff. I find ROMs during the 1990's and before the same way, but I try to buy the authentic version if it is possible (not a rare import). If it is only available on the Virtual Console in America (or rare and expensive), I buy it there.

However, some people also do not want people to "mess with the classics." I remember playing Super Mario All Stars 10,000 times then wondering how the NES versions played (different from my expectations :)). I rarely play the GBA versions of these games, too, because of them being available in their current form on the internet and Virtual Console. The Star Wars Special Editions are sometimes criticized, especially the "I'm Hanz Christianson" tweak :p.

The only thing I do not like about the Virtual Console is the ELUA/DRM feature that you can only use it one one Wii or else it's illegal. However, it makes me more justified to download a ROM because I payed whoever owns the Virtual Console ROM. ;)

It's because US companies would undergo too much legal pressure. In China, they have almost no intellectual property laws (I think Neo is in Korea, but it's probably similar there), so they simply don't give a shit. What a company should do is pretend they are doing it to market some shitty download-only NES games so they don't have to make a cartridge each time, even though both parties know exactly what is going on. It would be hard to pin them as responsible for copyright infringement if they don't provide ROMs and technically sell their own games, however crappy.

There is an American Flash Cart for the NES. (http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=34) (See the FAQ link to see what I mean) Although it contains Repros of Nintendo World Championship carts, which is more illegal than a flash cart, it has not recieved a C&D from Nintendo from what I know.

I don't think this will ever sell enough units for most people to even know it exists, therefore I would find it hard to compare it to a 360. Besides, this is mostly software problems from the sound of things, the 360 has shitty hardware.

The Acekard 2.0 for the Nintendo DS had that kind of reputation. :rofl:
I probably won't buy this anyway because I already have a MegaCart for most of my needs (except saving :p). Also the SMS FM sounds buggier than a bad Genesis 2 (the bass is really noisy), the Sega CD features don't work right yet, and I would have to remove the 32X to play SMS roms (32X's fault not the cart's). Also I need money for college, which you all know is expensive.

Sorry for the mini-essay. Just my 2 cents, don't need to start a flamewar.

17daysolderthannes
09-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Sorry for the mini-essay. Just my 2 cents, don't need to start a flamewar.

I'm finding more and more that many (most?) people agree with your/my opinion on the matter, but there's always a super loud naysayer that jumps in and gets the thread locked. I personally believe the responsibility is ultimately on the consumer.

This is the bottom line:

If you download everything and don't pay for it, it will disappear. If movies/games/music don't make any income, they will cease to exist because no one will want to fund them. Therefore, if you like a game, you need to buy it to reinforce your interest as well as fund future projects for that company/director/programmer/whatever. With exceedingly old games (more than 2 generations old), the original designers are no longer associated with the game and if it is still being sold, it's by someone that bought the rights and has no intention of ever producing a new product in the same vein. Therefore, I think retro games and the purchase of retro games should be entirely up to personal interest. If you don't have much money and know where to get them, you emulate. If you want physical copies to play on real hardware, you buy that. If you want the convenience of emulation but are intimidated by the emulation scene, you buy them for the Wii VC and basically pay someone else for the convenience of setting it up for you. I think even the copyright holders in some cases feel this way as there are many ROM sites and even repro-making sites that operate with a full host of ROMs readily available for download and have been doing so for several years.

There's also my objection to the way copyright works in this country (and others as well?) in terms of both longevity and transferability. Sure, the producer deserves a fair share, but they should never be able to fully take the royalty rights from the original creator. Also, it's 20 years for patents, it should be 20 years for copyrights, with no exceptions other than fundamental trademarks like the McDonald's "M" for example.

crazyteknohed
09-08-2009, 04:54 AM
If you download everything and don't pay for it, it will disappear. If movies/games/music don't make any income, they will cease to exist because no one will want to fund them.

Bollocks. Music is much older than capitalism; people have been making music for millenia. Will people stop making music because there's no profit in it? Only the behemoth record companies with their manufactured shite will. Shitloads of freeware games are made for no profit. Will this stop too? And in my opinion the amount of money spent on a film tends to have a paradoxical effect on the actual quality of the plot, script etc, so films made with miniscule budgets should show us who the most creative producers and directors are.

17daysolderthannes
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Bollocks. Music is much older than capitalism; people have been making music for millenia. Will people stop making music because there's no profit in it? Only the behemoth record companies with their manufactured shite will. Shitloads of freeware games are made for no profit. Will this stop too? And in my opinion the amount of money spent on a film tends to have a paradoxical effect on the actual quality of the plot, script etc, so films made with miniscule budgets should show us who the most creative producers and directors are.

well actually, and somewhat ironically, I was referring to the support of the indie music/films/games as that is most of what I play/watch/listen to, lol. Compared to today, Sega was practically an indie video game manufacturer with teams of about 6 or so creating a game. Many musicians will make music anyway, but the more you support them, the more encouraged they are to continue doing what they do. Remember also, many people that enthusiastically give their products away for free hope to one day gain enough support to get a well paying job doing what they love. Almost every comedian on the Adam Carolla podcast has a story to tell about how hard they had to fight to get the exposure and subsequent popularity to get where they are. I even make various videos for youtube, I don't ask for a cent; however, if someone came along and said "I really like what you do with your video game reviews, do you want a TV show?" I would be like "fuck yeah I do!" So, like I said, the key point is that if you like something, buy it. It doesn't matter if it's corporately made with billions or made by 3 dudes in a garage, if you like it, you like it. Even freeware games have a "donate" button, and if you are affluent enough, I would use it.

mugenmidget
09-08-2009, 05:39 PM
I don't think 0.7 Final of Mortal Kombat II Unlimited works on this cartridge, has anyone had luck with that version?

retrospiel
09-08-2009, 06:48 PM
It's absolutely possible that this is an issue with the hack / ROM itself, not the flash cart. - PM me the ROM and I'll test it on my Tototek MD-Pro.

mugenmidget
09-08-2009, 07:02 PM
It's absolutely possible that this is an issue with the hack / ROM itself, not the flash cart. - PM me the ROM and I'll test it on my Tototek MD-Pro.It very well could be, NeoVamp said he got it to work but I assume he was using an older version going by the date of his post. Also, thank you for offering to test it, I really appreciate it! I'll PM you a copy of it ASAP.

Hopefully since this is a relatively new hack it can be modified to work on real hardware, especially if it was working in an older version. If anyone has the version of MK II Unlimited before 0.7 and could send it to me through PM or e-mail then I'd appreciate it. :D

mugenmidget
09-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Good news, MK II Unlimited 0.7 works just fine. I was too stupid to try hitting the "start" button on the top of the cartridge, which can apparently help with compatibility issues.

As far as I can tell the hack runs perfectly, I'll definitely be spending more time with it to find out if there's any issues.

NeoVamp
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
I was too stupid to try hitting the "start" button on the top of the cartridge

And thats what i would have told you had i not spend all of yesterday sick in bed.

It was like that with the previous version of MKU too,
that button might be related to that TMSS thing or to unload the NEO program or something.

Sektor
09-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I had to hit reset on the MD or the cart to fix some distorted sound in Micro Machines. Does that happen on other carts?

mugenmidget
09-09-2009, 04:00 PM
And thats what i would have told you had i not spend all of yesterday sick in bed.

It was like that with the previous version of MKU too,
that button might be related to that TMSS thing or to unload the NEO program or something.Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. And not just for my own sake, I hope you're feeling better!

I didn't even get the idea to mess with that button on my own, I had to read through the compatibility wiki: http://neoflash.wikia.com/wiki/Genesis_roms_compatibility_list

Speaking of which, I think I might start helping with that when I start playing around with this cart again. So far so good, though, I haven't run into anything troublesome (except for my MKU blunder).

Sektor: I haven't tried Micro Machines yet. Do you mean the first version or some other one? I'll try it and check for you.

Sektor
09-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Sektor: I haven't tried Micro Machines yet. Do you mean the first version or some other one? I'll try it and check for you.

It was all versions but the sound works fine if I reset, so no big deal.

mugenmidget
09-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Alright, here's my Micro Machines findings. I experienced the same sound issues as you did on every version (96, Turbo Tournament 2, Military) except the very first. And resetting fixes it, just as you have said.

However, along the way I found out something potentially worse. Even though as far as I know there are non J-Cart versions of these games (which are the ones I tried), using the Team Player doesn't seem to work. Which is strange because Yu Yu Hakusho works just fine. I tried messing a bit with the port setup and flipping between EXTRA and MULTI but couldn't get 4 players to work on any of the versions.

It recognizes that I can play with 4 players as soon as I plug the Team Player in but the controls are completely messed up, with buttons for each driver bound in weird places. I tried recreating it in Fusion but the games seem to work just fine in there.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

mugenmidget
09-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Oops, I found out what was wrong. I was using two six button pads along with two three button pads. Holding "MODE" on the six button pads to put them in compatibility mode fixed the issue and now all the Micro Machines games work perfectly with the Team Player. Awesome!

mugenmidget
09-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Something interesting happened when I tried Wolverine Adamantium Rage. The cartridge seemed to freeze on the menu loading at 16M with an orange light on the cartridge. I hid the "START" button on top and it reset properly but then all I got were colorful patterns on the screen.

I tried a bad dump of the game and it booted just fine. So I'm not sure what's up with the "good version".

And another problem game seems to be the newest patch of Monster World IV. It does the "orange light" thing just like Wolverine and upon reset it shows a SEGA logo with an upside down G but freezes there.

retrospiel
09-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Interesting. - On a semi-related side note: The newest Monster World IV patch is not necessarily the best version available. It's an unofficial patch, made by the person who translated the game into Italian, and not authorized by Demi, the author of the original English translation.

mugenmidget
09-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Ah, okay, well I tried the Demiforce version and I'm running into the same problems. The interesting thing is that the game in UCON reports that it has no Cartridge RAM/Backup Memory like other SRAM games seem to have. That seems like it could be a problem, any way I can fix that? Right now I'm just trying to change the save type in the NEO2 Ultra Menu but it doesn't seem to help.

Fortunately Conle over at the NeoTeam forums has fixed my Wolverine issue. Even though the ROM was supposedly a good dump (of the [!] variety) there were still a few errors that he fixed which got it working on the flash cart.

I'm pretty sure NeoVamp mentioned playing Monster World IV translated on this before, so I'd like to know what he did to get it working.

retrospiel
09-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I think it may be one of the few games that used EEPROM saving or something like that but someone else probably knows more about it and could correct me.

mugenmidget
09-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that information, I appreciate all the help. Just now I tried burning it with 24C01 as the save type (that's correct for EEPROM, right?) and it behaves in the same way.

I also didn't really expect this one to work but I tried Top Fighter 2000 MK VIII (the [f1] variant, the [!] version won't load at all) just now and that one gets to the title screen before freezing.

NeoVamp
09-11-2009, 05:33 PM
I also didn't really expect this one to work but I tried Top Fighter 2000 MK VIII (the [f1] variant, the [!] version won't load at all) just now and that one gets to the title screen before freezing.

It worked fine for me, try reflashing it.

I had it happen where Tekken 3 worked the first time i flashed but then the 2nd time it wouldn't run at all.

mugenmidget
09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
It worked fine for me, try reflashing it.

I had it happen where Tekken 3 worked the first time i flashed but then the 2nd time it wouldn't run at all.Haha goddamn you're good at this, works just fine after a retry. :)

BTW, were you able to get a translated Monster World IV to work? That one I've been reburning and messing with ROMs but I can't get it to boot.

NeoVamp
09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
BTW, were you able to get a translated Monster World IV to work? That one I've been reburning and messing with ROMs but I can't get it to boot.

Haven't tried it yet, the whole BEEEEEEEEP thing and the 95% write failure's have kinda made me stop for a while.

I'll give it a go tomorrow, maybe my laptop will have less write failure's then this pc.

mugenmidget
09-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Haven't tried it yet, the whole BEEEEEEEEP thing and the 95% write failure's have kinda made me stop for a while.

I'll give it a go tomorrow, maybe my laptop will have less write failure's then this pc.About the beep: what OS are you using? It looked like an older Windows almost but I thought TmEE said there wasn't a 9x driver so maybe it was just your theme. If it's 2000/XP here's how you disable the PC speaker noises:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000725.htm

If it's a PC with an older Windows I think you actually have to go into your computer and unplug the thing. But really this isn't a suitable work around considering the NeoFlash team should have never used that sound, there just needs to be a damn toggle for that noise.

mugenmidget
09-12-2009, 08:33 AM
I got Monster World IV working thanks to some help at the NeoFlash boards. The [f2] variant of the [T-Eng_DeJap+Demiforce] ROM in the GoodGen set has SRAM saving apparently.

The only thing is this version is not "1.02". Does this mean the translation is incomplete? I'll see how far in the game I can get!

It might only be this:

1.02: This one dude, Ola Andersson, has been so unbelievably $$ '
qb' consistently freaky with bugging me about fixing the `qb
,d$b. remaining bugs in the game (most importantly being the ,d$b.
$$ ' flickering bug), I decided I owed it to him to finally ` $$
`qb get off my ass and fix it up. Thanks for waiting, dude!

Not sure what the bugs are, but if I don't know about them they can't hurt me!

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Dr. Neo had the following to say about Neo Myth MD region free Sega CD and Backup RAM support:

yes,md myth cart can support mega cd function,we have test this point already,100% work.

...but did not bother to explain at all how it works. Something's not right.

Joe Redifer
09-16-2009, 12:42 PM
That's how it is in China. They tell you a feature exists and therefore it does. It is YOUR fault if it doesn't work for you.

NeoVamp
09-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Dr. Neo had the following to say about Neo Myth MD region free Sega CD and Backup RAM support:

...but did not bother to explain at all how it works. Somethings not right.

hahahaha classic, I know i should be pissed but i just can't help but lol at the ridiculousness of his reply.

oh btw, i used my old laptop to flash my NEO cart and it worked without problems,
so i don't know why this PC has problems flashing it,
it does not seem to have any problems from what i can tell from the hardware tab.

I'm running XP with SP3 on both laptop and PC btw.

ah well, at least i can flash with my laptop, only problem there is
that the neo flashing program does not resize itself to my 800x600 desktop.

so i can't see half of the program. http://www.sega-16.com/forum/images/icons/yuck.gif

Chilly Willy
09-16-2009, 01:12 PM
oh btw, i used my old laptop to flash my NEO cart and it worked without problems,
so i don't know why this PC has problems flashing it,
it does not seem to have any problems from what i can tell from the hardware tab.

Might be a power issue. Remember that the USB has to power the cart while writing, and some USB ports won't be up to it. Connect directly to a USB on the motherboard, or a powered hub to make sure it can draw the needed power.

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
That's how it is in China. They tell you a feature exists and therefore it does. It is YOUR fault if it doesn't work for you.Hahaha, forgive my cultural ignorance! :)

I sincerely hope he is not talking out of his ass and that at the very least he'll rush out a software update to help with things, because I have tried loading every kind of BIOS image onto the cart with absolutely no result.

Was there ever a dump of the "CDX Plus"? I tried loading CDX through the flashcart and it told me that my Sega CD's BIOS was basically too new for it to handle. I've heard CDX Plus can work in these situations but they seem to be very rare so I wonder if an image was ever made.

BTW NeoVamp that's great to hear about your laptop working well, did you also go ahead and disable the PC speaker beep?

retrospiel
09-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Guys, calm down a bit. You are aware that this is still in beta testing phase, right ? - For it to work with SCD it needs a [multi-region] BIOS flashed to it which it obviously does not have yet. I assume that one of the next the software updates will feature a SCD function that would allow you to flash the cart with either a multi-region BIOS or a BIOS of your choice.

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Guys, calm down a bit. You are aware that this is still in beta testing phase, right ? - For it to work with SCD it needs a [multi-region] BIOS flashed to it which it obviously does not have yet. I assume that one of the next the software updates will feature a SCD function that would allow you to flash the cart with either a multi-region BIOS or a BIOS of your choice.Thank you for that answer but I wish that's what Dr. Neo would have said instead of "it's working 100%". :? But regardless I'm grateful for the functionality it does have at the moment.

Do you know how the "Backup RAM" cartridge functionality will work? I have never owned a genuine Backup RAM cart so even just explaining how those are used would be helpful.

retrospiel
09-16-2009, 02:16 PM
No, atm all I know is that it plays Master System and Mega Drive / Genesis games (and 32X but I can't test that).

For everything else, we gotta wait until the software supports it.

I have never owned a genuine Backup RAM cart so even just explaining how those are used would be helpful.

You plug them in and they expand your internal RAM. The MegaCart however only allows to backup the RAM, not as a BRAM expansion.

I wish that's what Dr. Neo would have said instead of "it's working 100%". :?

Well, yeah, but he's Chinese so he's probably used to talk and write in Mandarin or Kantonese instead of English.

Sektor
09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
He said it "can" support MegaCD function but that message didn't say that it currently does or where to get the binary that lets you do that.

Does anyone know about how the boot process of MegaCD works? Does the bios contain all the commands necessary to activate it or is there a higher level init sequence? Is there any public code to use the MegaCD when booting from cart?

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 04:09 PM
You plug them in and they expand your internal RAM. The MegaCart however only allows to backup the RAM, not as a BRAM expansion.But the Neo Myth MD should support BRAM expansion at some point, correct?

Sektor
09-16-2009, 04:12 PM
But the Neo Myth MD should support BRAM expansion at some point, correct?

That hasn't been confirmed and unless they designed it to be recognized as a RAM cart by MD games from the start then I think it's unlikely they can add it later.

It does have SRAM, so someone could write a MD binary that copies data from the MegaCD to the Myth SRAM.

Is there an ISO of the MD pro utility cd out there?

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
That hasn't been confirmed and unless they designed it to be recognized as a RAM cart by MD games from the start then I think it's unlikely they can add it later.

It does have SRAM, so someone could write a MD binary that copies data from the MegaCD to the Myth SRAM.Oh, that's a bummer. I would have loved to play Shining Force CD on my Genesis. :( As far as I understand that game is impossible to finish without Backup RAM, is that correct?

Sektor
09-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Shining Force entry on wikipedia:

After finishing both books, a third book can be accessed. Due to the memory limitations of the Sega CD console, saving progress made in book 3 must be saved on a back-up RAM cart since the Sega CD's internal memory isn't enough to save both games data.

Is there an easier way to test if it is currently recognizable as a RAM cart?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega-CD

From the CD player, it is also possible to enter a utility to manage items in the game backup RAM and RAM carts

Is that possible on the Mega-CD II?

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Interesting, if that's the case I'll try messing around with it when I get home. I guess I'll boot with no CD and then go into that audio player and see what options I can reach from there after plugging back in the Neo Myth MD.

Sektor
09-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Interesting, if that's the case I'll try messing around with it when I get home. I guess I'll boot with no CD and then go into that audio player and see what options I can reach from there after plugging back in the Neo Myth MD.

I wasn't able to find any memory manager in my Mega CD II bios. It might only be in the original Mega CD or that wikipedia article is just bs.

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Oh, thank you for checking. :)

I'm guessing the functionality would come at some point (or is already there) because of this snippet:

D. SEGA CD
CD BACK RAM

E. MD GAME RAM BACKUP
CAN BACKUP MD GAME SAVE TO NEO2 CART

That sounds like it should function as a Backup RAM cart at some point, or am I reading too much into it?

NeoVamp
09-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Does anyone know what the Start button does?

when you press it you just get "Wait Pram download ............"

and then the screen goes black/blue, and when i press C it loads 32M of data and then nothing happens,
you can still browse your game list but the games won't load anymore.

man would it have killed him to write a crappy Engrish manual for this thing?

(which is still awesome, but really.. you'd think he'd support it better)

TmEE
09-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Start button is Pause for SMS games, and seems to be reset in MD mode...

mugenmidget
09-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Start button is Pause for SMS games, and seems to be reset in MD mode...What NeoVamp is talking about is the "Start" button on the actual Genesis controller. If you press "Start" in the NEO Myth MD Menu before selecting a ROM image you can recreate the behavior he is describing.

Sektor
09-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I assume that must be how you download to one of the Neo2 carts that contain PSRAM. The GBA flash card it ships with doesn't contain PSRAM, so it won't do anything on those. I wonder how hard it would be to port libfat (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/libfat/) to MD for reading files off any DLDI supported GBA flash cart (http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Category:SLOT-2_devices).

Chilly Willy
09-16-2009, 07:36 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to port libfat (http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/libfat/) to MD for reading files off any DLDI supported GBA flash cart (http://dldi.drunkencoders.com/index.php?title=Category:SLOT-2_devices).

If we knew the hardware, it would be pretty easy to port. That would be great - allow homebrew to use flash carts as drives.

mugenmidget
09-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Has anyone else tried Samurai Shodown? I can get it to boot but there are some weird flashing stray pixels that are very apparent on the character select screen but also there on most of the stages.

Was this the case with the real cartridge? In Fusion I don't see anything like it.

TmEE
09-19-2009, 07:17 AM
These pixels are probably CRAM write spots... but I have to see it myself to be sure.

Jeckidy
09-19-2009, 02:03 PM
I was recently excited about getting this flashcart recently along with one of NEO's PC Engine flashcarts to play the more rare titles. However, I am a bit skeptical now after reading this. The PC Engine one might be more reliable but I'm just going by the 'testimonial' on their page, and with everything considered, who knows if its real.

mugenmidget
09-19-2009, 04:16 PM
These pixels are probably CRAM write spots... but I have to see it myself to be sure.Interesting, unfortunately as you may or may not know from my capture card topic I don't currently have a working way to capture Genesis video or otherwise I would show you. :(

If anyone else gets around to trying Samurai Shodown, let me know what happens. I might seek out the real cartridge version for a comparison.

NeoVamp
09-19-2009, 04:17 PM
However, I am a bit skeptical now after reading this.

Don't be, the NEO Myth MD is a great cart with great prospects,
its just that we're right in the middle of having to figure everything out ourselves,
and that might make it seem a bit.. bad.

But i recently flashed like 228 SMS roms to it and I've had no troubles at all.

don't judge a book by its crappy Asian tech support!

If anyone else gets around to trying Samurai Shodown, let me know what happens.
I might seek out the real cartridge version for a comparison.

I'll try to try it out later tonight (oof what a tongue breaker)
I also have the original PAL cart to compare but no USA cart.

mugenmidget
09-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Also, Dr. Neo made another post with two BIOS files today:

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5784.0.html

And loading them up seems to produce the same behavior as an official BIOS, which is freezing at the "planet" background before showing any of the other logos or playing the music. Very strange.

mugenmidget
09-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I also have the original PAL cart to compare but no USA cart.Oh, thanks, I appreciate it! :)

Jeckidy
09-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Don't be, the NEO Myth MD is a great cart with great prospects,
its just that we're right in the middle of having to figure everything out ourselves,
and that might make it seem a bit.. bad.

But i recently flashed like 228 SMS roms to it and I've had no troubles at all.

don't judge a book by its crappy Asian tech support!

I also have the original PAL cart to compare but no USA cart.

That being said, I'll eventually buy both the Neo Myth and give their PC Engine flashcart a shot as well. I am looking forward to it, but need to pony up the cash first.

Sektor
09-19-2009, 08:05 PM
There are two bytes changed in the Sega-CD BIOS that Dr.Neo posted. Before that patch, running that BIOS would show a region error on my PAL Mega-CD II but now it shows the Earth and then freezes.

Sega-CD Model 2 BIOS V2.00W (U).bin
000007AE: 66 changed to 4E
000007AF: 02 changed to 75

Sega-CD Model 1 BIOS V1.10 (U).bin
000007C2: 10 changed to 4E
000007C3: 39 changed to 75

I tried Samurai Shodown on my PAL MD but the E roms just gave a black screen and the U rom said I need an NTSC console. I still got the NTSC error after changing the region using Conle's SuperMD Tool.

edit: I wrote the same Euro versions again and now they work.

mugenmidget
09-19-2009, 08:16 PM
I'll show you the one I used in a PM, then hopefully you can get it to boot.

Sektor
09-19-2009, 08:41 PM
I reburnt the exact same Samurai roms that black screened before and they run now. I can confirm the stray flashing pixels on the E versions.

Reset buttons don't fix it. It's minor but doesn't look normal.

mugenmidget
09-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I reburnt the exact same Samurai roms that black screened before and they run now. I can confirm the stray flashing pixels on the E versions.Oh, thank you very much!

And that's strange, I wonder why that happens? :daze:

Sektor
09-19-2009, 08:54 PM
I wonder if they are pixels left over from the Myth Menu. The myth loader or the game might not clear the VRAM correctly. It could also be a timing issue, the Myth cart might be slightly slower to read from than the original cart.

NeoVamp
09-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Just burned all the Samurai Shodown/Spirits roms that i had to the NEO,
and.. pretty much all the roms have the same problem, little yellow pixels kinda in the middle of the screen.

even the PAL rom had them, so i decided to try out my original copy of Samurai Shodown,
and.. yellow pixels in the middle of the screen.

its odd though, never noticed them before. (though i hardly played it when i got it since i have the MVS cart)

I will try to clean my cartridge slot and see if that fixes it, but i doubt it.

But at least now you know its not a rom problem.

retrospiel
09-19-2009, 08:57 PM
If it's an European ROM played on a 60Hz NTSC system, it's likely to cause problems if the game was optimized for 50Hz.

EDIT: Didn't notice above post. - If you could post your setups it may help locating the issue.

EDIT #2: Okay, must have overlooked this part:

so i decided to try out my original copy of Samurai Shodown, and.. yellow pixels in the middle of the screen.

Sektor
09-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh, I didn't expect it to happen on the original cart. Strange but good to know. The pixels looked white here. I'm using an LCD and composite video. Running Euro ROM on an unmodified PAL MD1 with a Mega-CD II connected.

mugenmidget
09-19-2009, 09:05 PM
My setup is a Model 1 Genesis (VA6, I believe, the ports are located in the right spot and the audio isn't crummy but there's no HDG writing) with a US Sega CD Model 2 with V2.00 BIOS. It is currently hooked up through composite video.

That's somewhat heartening to know it's happening with the original cart (although still a shame), thank you NeoVamp!

NeoVamp
09-19-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm running a Model 1 Pal Megadrive (with HDG) with 50/60hz & Eng/Jpn switches,
And a Model 1 MegaCD with no modifications while my video is output via an RGB cable.
(in case anyone was interested)

Also the roms refuse to boot if the switches are not set to the correct region.

And strangely enough the Japanese rom does not give me a message when i try to play it with different switch settings,
the screen just stays black, the US and Euro roms on the other hand both give me the "MADE FOR .... REGION ONLY" screen. (well something like that anyway)

Too bad i don't have the US cart too.

Sektor
09-19-2009, 09:31 PM
NeoVamp, have you tried running a Sega-CD BIOS from your Myth cart? It freezes on MegaCD model 2 but not sure about Mega CD model 1.

NeoVamp
09-20-2009, 05:03 PM
NeoVamp, have you tried running a Sega-CD BIOS from your Myth cart? It freezes on MegaCD model 2 but not sure about Mega CD model 1.

I just flashed ALL of the Sega bios files in existence to my NEO cart and ALL of them froze at the planet/clouds part.

All but one.. the bios file called Sega-CD Model 2 BIOS V2.00W Emulated Hoax (Hack).bin
gave me music, but then still froze after i chose the CD option.

Haven't tried the Bios file that DrNeo posted yet simply because of the fact that i'm not registered there and thus can not see the download url.
and i'm currently too lazy to register there. "hint"

Also Chilly Willy you were correct about my USB port not giving enough juice to power the cart,
i plugged an adapter in it and now it will write without errors.

and mugenmidget that pc speaker disable thing did the trick, I no longer hear pc speaker beeps after flashing is completed.

I'm kind of excited actually, played some Bare Knuckle III (translated) today and tried out a lot of roms,
I can't wait till this thing goes opensource so we can have a better looking menu,
maybe with separate pages for SMS/32x/SegaCDBios/Genesis files.
and perhaps even GameGenie & Action Replay. (with build in cheats even?)

Could be like this

Genesis game : Press A for game start, press B for GameGenie support, press C for Action Replay support.

SMS : press A for FM, Press B for Game Genie, Press C for normal Game.

mugenmidget
09-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Check your PMs! ;)

NeoVamp
09-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Both of those DrNeo posted bios files freeze.

I wonder if he even tested them, maybe he just booted the bios and saw the Earth pic show up and he thought it worked..

that or he has some sort of magical Megadrive. ;)

mugenmidget
09-20-2009, 06:02 PM
That sucks, I hope this gets addressed properly soon.

Jeckidy
09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
What is the cost of shipping to the USA from the retailer's location? I am curious, and also how long it takes, because I'm selling stuff to aquire the money to get the NeoMyth and a PC Engine flashcart from them, and am excited about this. Thanks.

NeoVamp
09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
What is the cost of shipping to the USA from the retailer's location?

If i remember correctly shipping costs are included in the price.

edit : ooh look what i found on the NEO site. (http://www.neoflash.com/myth/N64_case_sample.JPG)

mugenmidget
09-20-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm excited for that one and their SNES and NES projects. The PowerPak from RetroUSB looks nice but as far as I understand the compatibility isn't perfect yet so I'd rather wait and see if the NEO Team can pull it off.

NeoVamp
09-20-2009, 07:25 PM
The PowerPak from RetroUSB looks nice but as far as I understand the compatibility isn't perfect yet

I have one and its pretty damn awesome, any incompatibilities can be fixed by future updates,

which reminds me, i need to update that fucker.

mugenmidget
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, that's good to hear. I might have to check it out then, it looks like they'll have stock again on September 24th.

Chilly Willy
09-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I'll most likely get the N64 cart once it's out.

As to the SEGA CD BIOS, he probably took the BIOS from his own CD(s) and patched the region check. There's been a number of CD BIOS revisions, some of which supposedly reflect a change in hardware. I don't see distributed patched BIOSes as the answer, and not just because it violates copyright laws in many nations. Instead, I see him making a Genesis program for the cart that reads the CD BIOS from the CD you have, locates the region check code, then writes a patched version of YOUR BIOS to the cart. At that point, you just power off the SEGA, power on, and select the patched CD BIOS. Because it's YOUR BIOS, it's guaranteed to work on your CD.

I could probably write such a thing - I was one of the first people to RE the CD BIOS and document how the CD side was decompressed and the system started. What I don't know is how to write to the Neo Myth. If I knew that, the app I described should be pretty easy.

mugenmidget
09-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Very interesting, Chilly, I'm eager to see what you're able to do. Hopefully Dr. Neo will be cooperative in giving the information you need to make such an application possible.

But my question is if he did disable the region check in those BIOSes he posted and they actually booted on his system, then what is different about his setup that makes it so they will not boot on my model 2? The startup screen for mine says v2.00W and that seems to be the exact same BIOS he patched, is there any reason why I can't boot it through the Neo Myth MD?

Sektor
09-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Is the CD really incompatible with all but the BIOS it shipped with? I think it's more likely that the BIOS just isn't being loaded into the correct location or something isn't being initialized.

Chilly Willy
09-20-2009, 11:48 PM
There's no way to tell for certain what's going on with just the little info we have. It's just guesses at this point. It's possible his "patch" is the problem.

Sektor
09-20-2009, 11:57 PM
An Unpatched BIOS of the same region also freezes on the planet screen. The two bytes that were changed just let you run the US BIOS on a non US system but they don't fix the freeze issue.

I guess it freezes because it loads a small part of the 128KiB CD BIOS into the 64KiB MD RAM. That code is executed, it looks for the rest of the BIOS data in the Sega-CD RAM/ROM but it can't find it since it's actually stored on the MD cartridge.

Jeckidy
09-21-2009, 01:03 AM
I find this description on IC2005's forum amusing:

Here you can get the help from our sales team, like ask the shipping checking number. Please login first. And for protect the business secret purpose, you just can see your own topic.

LOL!

Sektor
09-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Haha, must protect the business secret purpose, they don't want anyone knowing about their world domination plans. The main reason for hiding comments is to hide negative feedback but if they need an excuse, they should write for customer privacy.

Sektor
09-21-2009, 07:23 AM
sorry the bios file is correct,just the file name is wrong, here is the right name, and testing pass on MEGA CD2

The files are now named:
CD-BIOS-USA-CD_V110.bin
CD-BIOS-USA-CD_V20.bin

Still freezes on planet screen if I run them using the menu.

I had a look at neo2client.exe in a hex editor and noticed the following text:

CD-SYSTEM CD-RAM CD-BIOS

I'm not sure how or if it uses that text. I assume they are filenames.

mugenmidget
09-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I burned and executed it the same way as you and it actually worked! Probably because I have a US SEGA CD Model 2, I hope he releases the BIOS for PAL CD systems. I'm just thrilled that we're actually seeing some of the promised functionality now.

Still wondering if it supports CD Backup Cart features, hope we get a clear answer on that soon (the original "specifications" make it sound like it should).

mugenmidget
09-21-2009, 11:43 AM
I spoke too soon, I still had a US region disc in my SEGA CD. The BIOS definitely loads but as far as I can tell games from other regions flat out do not work.

mugenmidget
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
He posted CD BIOSes for all regions now, I encourage people to try them out and relay their experience.

I am not currently at home so I cannot try it yet on real hardware BUT I did load up the new US Model 2 version in Fusion and the behavior seems the same: the BIOS loads but is unable to boot discs from other regions.

Hopefully this is an error on my part, but I'll wait for experiences from others first, because as I know nobody has attempted to load games from another region with this setup yet. But it's still a step in the right direction, at least.

Chilly Willy
09-21-2009, 06:01 PM
I tried the US SCD2 BIOS on both my Model 2 and CDX. They work as they should, but I don't have any non-US CDs to try. All I've got is US games and Sonic Mega Mix.

mugenmidget
09-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I tried the US SCD2 BIOS on both my Model 2 and CDX. They work as they should, but I don't have any non-US CDs to try. All I've got is US games and Sonic Mega Mix.Try burning the Japanese version of Sonic Megamix from the Sonic Retro wiki, that's what I was using for tests:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Megamix

Sektor
09-21-2009, 07:26 PM
The removed region check was for running the BIOS. If you can run a BIOS from another region, you should be able to load some games from that region.

I tried them all on my PAL hardware but it's still freezing on the first screen. At least some of you are having success with US hardware.

My Mega-CD2 is model: mk-4102-50

mugenmidget
09-21-2009, 07:55 PM
The removed region check was for running the BIOS. If you can run a BIOS from another region, you should be able to load some games from that region.

I tried them all on my PAL hardware but it's still freezing on the first screen. At least some of you are having success with US hardware. Perhaps a 50hz/60hz switch would help.Ohh, I didn't think of it that way, makes sense. :)

Can't wait to try that when I get home.

Chilly Willy
09-21-2009, 08:24 PM

I tried them all on my PAL hardware but it's still freezing on the first screen. At least some of you are having success with US hardware. Perhaps a 50hz/60hz switch would help.

So I should be trying the European BIOS, not the US BIOS...

mugenmidget
09-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Great, it worked just fine! I tried out Sonic CD (JAP) with the Japanese BIOS, I'll try out a European game later.

Sektor
09-22-2009, 11:14 AM
I tried using a PAL MD2 instead of PAL MD1 and I can now run the CD-BIOS files successfully. I booted the US BIOS and played a US version of a game that doesn't normally boot on my PAL BIOS.

My Mega CD2 wasn't cosmetically designed to have a MD1 connected since the MD1 sticks out over the side.

Chilly Willy
09-22-2009, 01:20 PM
I tried using a PAL MD2 instead of PAL MD1 and I can now run the CD-BIOS files successfully. I booted the US BIOS and played a US version of a game that doesn't normally boot on my PAL BIOS.

My Mega CD2 wasn't cosmetically designed to have a MD1 connected since the MD1 sticks out over the side.

Yes, the model number of the BIOS corresponds to the CD, not the MegaDrive!

NeoVamp
09-22-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't know what happened but now my MegaCD Model 1 won't even boot anymore,
it just crashes at the Planet screen when i turn my console on without the NEO cart in it,
it won't even turn on the front lights of the CD.

Its almost like all this messing around with bios files has overwritten my own MegaCD bios. :confused:

Damn i hope this is fixable..

TmEE
09-22-2009, 01:50 PM
the BIOS ROM is a ROM, or a UV EPROM, but in either case it cannot be reprogrammed. Just try cleaning both MCD connector and MD side connector. With alcohol of some kind.

NeoVamp
09-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Tried that already (since it happened after i hooked up my old HDG Megadrive to it)
and i just tried cleaning it again but more thorough, and it keeps on stalling on the Planet screen.

It doesn't make sense, its exactly the same thing that happened on the NEO cart.

guess i'll try cleaning it again, since it happens with both consoles its probably the MegaCD side.

Fonzie
09-22-2009, 03:40 PM
So its kinda behaving same as megacart, right?
Well done reverse engeneering they did on all TTK products!

Congrats, its always so easier to steal other's work, isn't it?
Well, good luck to them and to anybody who participated to this big joke!

Bye

NeoVamp
09-22-2009, 04:06 PM
It works again! spend like an hour cleaning both cart slots until i decided to put a cart game in,
and suddenly i saw the red cd light flash up for a sec,
so i started cleaning the cartridge slot and bend the metal shield a bit so it was a little bit tighter,
and.. it booted right up!

but then i hooked my other megadrive up and it still booted up.

so i have no idea what i did but it works..

edit : and the bios files finally boot without any problems!
even managed to boot and play a US game.

oh and thanks for the help TmEE, its appreciated! :)

Jeckidy
09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Here is a question I have about the NeoMyth: Does it have a pause button on it for Master System games? Remember how the pause button was on the real console? If not, then how can I call up the item menu in games like Alex Kidd in Miracle World? Absence of that button might cause some major issues. Hopefully, that little START switch on the corner of the cartridge is what I think it is.

mugenmidget
09-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Here is a question I have about the NeoMyth: Does it have a pause button on it for Master System games? Remember how the pause button was on the real console? If not, then how can I call up the item menu in games like Alex Kidd in Miracle World? Absence of that button might cause some major issues. Hopefully, that little START switch on the corner of the cartridge is what I think it is.Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. But in Genesis and 32X mode it provides a reset that helps with compatibility issues sometimes (examples include fixing sound in Micro Machines, glitches in Snow Bros., and allowing MK2 Unlimited to work).

Jeckidy
09-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Ah, that's good. I am even more eager to pick it up now! :D

mugenmidget
09-22-2009, 07:13 PM
You'll ruv it! :)

BTW I can't get saving it work in Knuckles Chaotix, has anyone else tried that game yet?

Jeckidy
09-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Are you playing it on the "No Save" file or one of the other files?

mugenmidget
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I definitely picked a "save spot" and tried manual and automatic, but nothing has saved in my attempts so far. I'm currently just beating the special stage and choosing "exit", is there something else I should do?

Sektor
09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, the model number of the BIOS corresponds to the CD, not the MegaDrive!

I knew that but for some reason the same CD BIOS that works with my MD2 doesn't work with my MD1. I'm using the same MegaCD2 with both of them and I can run CD games on both without the Myth cart connected.

mugenmidget
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I can't get Shadow of the Beast II to boot, is that a problem with the Neo Myth MD or perhaps the 50hz/60hz difference?

Chilly Willy
09-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I can't get Shadow of the Beast II to boot, is that a problem with the Neo Myth MD or perhaps the 50hz/60hz difference?

Maybe 50/60 Hz issue. That's a problem on MD carts, too - just because you change the header to allow a cart to work on a different region MD doesn't mean all problems are solved. If they hardcode a European game, you have to alter the code for handling the difference as well as patch the header. Europeans are fortunate that forcing an NTSC game to run on a European system usually DOES work, just things run slower.

Sektor
09-22-2009, 10:37 PM
I think there are some CD games that check the region of your MD and not just the region of the MegaCD.

mugenmidget
09-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Interesting, that will make it difficult to play for sure because I don't currently have modifications to trick the system. On the bright side, Sonic CD (E) works fine.

Jeckidy
09-23-2009, 01:36 AM
Can it play the SegaNet games that have been dumped such as Teddy Boy Blues or Sonic Eraser?

mugenmidget
09-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Can it play the SegaNet games that have been dumped such as Teddy Boy Blues or Sonic Eraser?Yep, tested them just now and they work great.

Jeckidy
09-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Yep, tested them just now and they work great.

Awesome, thanks! :D

NeoVamp
09-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Yep, tested them just now and they work great.

And the translated Seganet Phantasy Star text adventures work great too!

Jeckidy
09-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know if the SegaNet Teddy Boy Blues game has a bug in it that keeps the main background music from playing? I was playing it today on the emulator and the BGM actually started playing on one round but was silent for most of the game. Is it an emulation issue, an issue with the rom, or something else? Does the BGM play on the flashcart?

Sektor
09-23-2009, 10:34 PM
I tested Teddy Boy Blues on the Myth cart and the music works but I'm not sure if that's a good thing :)

The game has the same music for every round!

Jeckidy
09-27-2009, 01:59 PM
I have another question. Seeing as the Mark III/Japanese SMS was backwards compatible with SG-1000 games, does this flashcart also support them?

mugenmidget
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Certain Game Gear games will work. There are a few legitimate conversions done already, but there's also a generic converter that works with some games and not others (although I think you can just try to rename the Game Gear ROMs themselves as *.sms ROMs in some cases). But basically if there's a game you want to be perfect you'll need to look at this site:

http://www.disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/segahacking/gg2sms.html

Pretty sure there's nothing that can be done about SG-1000 games, sorry. :(

retrospiel
09-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Yeah, GG on MD :ok:

I recently played GG Aleste 2 for quite a while. Awesome game!

SG-1000 probably doesn't work though. I don't think that the Mega Drive hardware still supports the SG-1000 video mode (which is why F16 doesn't work). I haven't tested it though, so I might be wrong.

NeoVamp
09-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Yeah, GG on MD :ok:

Oh man i'd love to have GG2SMS hacks of those 2 Shining Force games that were translated a while back.

Sektor
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
The source code for MD 3in1 Myth Cart menu v2.01 (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5794.0.html)

[~SOURCE LICENCE~]
MIT/X11 - You can do whatever you want with it.

It's all in ASM.

NeoVamp
09-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Awesome! I really hope someone will add some much needed longer filename support
and different screens for genesis/sms/bios/etc roms.

Flygon
09-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Thank god the wait is shorter than expected.

I was expecting the code to take at least two years to come out.:p

Sektor
09-30-2009, 01:14 AM
The source code to the Windows software hasn't been released. That software writes the 22 character names to the MDBIOS.BIN. The MD menu could be modified to ignore those filenames and read them from a dummy rom file but I think we can get the Windows software modified. My ASM knowledge is zero, I was hoping for some C but I'm sure someone will be able to make use of it.

Chilly Willy
09-30-2009, 01:48 AM
It would be better to make the menu show the name of the game from the rom header rather than the file name.

retrospiel
09-30-2009, 04:26 AM
Why ? - I would prefer renaming my games, rather than modifying their header.

Flygon
09-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Modifying the header is easy, no hex editor is even needed. (http://www.mediafire.com/?zozm1zzfjzt)

TmEE
09-30-2009, 07:23 AM
time to create a decent file selector for the cart...... :)

mugenmidget
09-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Modifying the header is easy, no hex editor is even needed. (http://www.mediafire.com/?zozm1zzfjzt)Agreed, I think that would be a better way to do things than using the file name if you want custom names. But of course I only say this as someone lazy who has the tendency to name ROMs very hastily and without relevance. :)

Of course with the source code out the possibilities are endless, so no need to adhere to just one method. :)

Dirt Ball Gamer
09-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Wow, so this thing can hold a Gig of Roms and can play GG and SMS games? Can it hold 32x games as well? I'm not very good with computer stuff but how many ROMS could you put in this baby? Could you fit like a hundred genesis games and a bunch of SMS , GG, and 32x games all at once? I think I might get one of these, would be so handy for the Nomad instead of hauling a bunch of carts around!

NeoVamp
09-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow, so this thing can hold a Gig of Roms
No, 512 Mbit, which is 64megabyte, which means you can put 128 Sonic 1 roms on there before its full.
some roms are bigger some are smaller (like sms roms) so it depends on the size of the rom before its full.

and can play GG and SMS games?
You can play pretty much every SMS rom on there, though there might be a few that don't work,
GG roms however won't work, the reason some work is because they have been extensivly hacked to behave like sms roms,
so you can not just put any old gg rom on there.

Can it hold 32x games as well?
Yes, you will need a 32x to play them of course.

I'm not very good with computer stuff but how many ROMS could you put in this baby?
Depends on the memory card you order with the NEO cart,
the included cart is 512Mbit (64MB) but they also sell a cart thats 1gigabit (gigabit right?)
which is just 128MB.

Could you fit like a hundred genesis games and a bunch of SMS , GG, and 32x games all at once?
No, but you can put a lot of your favorites on there.
though you could always buy a couple of those extra memory cards and put labels on them..(sms/genesis1/genesis2/32x)

I think I might get one of these, would be so handy for the Nomad instead of hauling a bunch of carts around!

and there we have it.

Dirt Ball Gamer
09-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Aah I see, thanks for answering my questions! I think I will probably go for the 512Mbit one when I get my money together. The bigger the better. Having different memory cards seems like the way to go. So what would be the main differences between this and the MD Pro 64M Flash Cart from Tototek? Can the MD Pro play SMS games? That's the main reason I would want it is to be able to play master system games. My collection is too big already but I do want to expand my master system library.

Chilly Willy
09-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Aah I see, thanks for answering my questions! I think I will probably go for the 512Mbit one when I get my money together. The bigger the better. Having different memory cards seems like the way to go. So what would be the main differences between this and the MD Pro 64M Flash Cart from Tototek? Can the MD Pro play SMS games? That's the main reason I would want it is to be able to play master system games. My collection is too big already but I do want to expand my master system library.

Let's summarize the major points of the carts...

Size: TotoTek MD-Pro 64 = 64 Mb/8 MB, NeoMyth = 512Mb/64 MB (the flash is on a plug-in cart that you can buy more of, with a 1024Mb cart available)

ROM Compatibility: MD-Pro = Genesis and 32X, NeoMyth = SMS, some GG, Genesis, 32X, CD BIOS

Backup RAM: MD-Pro = 128 KB SRAM (256 KB advertised but I've can't access more than 128 KB on mine), NeoMyth = 256 KB SRAM (not verified yet, but have at least 128 KB like the MD-Pro), support for other forms of BUP RAM, support for CD BUP RAM (unverified yet)

Programming method: MD-Pro = custom programmer that plugs into a EPP compatible parallel port as well as a USB port (for power), NeoMyth = USB only

Cost: MD-Pro 64 = $105, NeoMyth = $150

Dirt Ball Gamer
09-30-2009, 06:55 PM
OK cool, that's what I was wondering. Thanks

NeoVamp
09-30-2009, 07:03 PM
is to be able to play master system games.
My collection is too big already but I do want to expand my master system library.

Then the NEO cart is exactly what you want, i put all my European and US sms roms into one dir and removed some doubles and some bad games,
and i managed to cram it all onto the 512Mbit cart.

also the NEO cart supports FM music, so to experience Phantasy Star with FM music
you just get the Japanese rom and apply the translation patch.

English Phantasy Star but with FM music!

retrospiel
09-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Just to clearify a myth of the NeoMyth: It does run Master System games including full FM support, but doesn't run all GG games. It will run a few that were converted (hacked, see http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183685&postcount=229 ), and some that were actually Master System games on GG carts like Castle of Illusion or Chase HQ (doubt that there were more than these two).

Chilly Willy
09-30-2009, 08:31 PM
Just to clearify a myth of the NeoMyth: It does run Master System games including full FM support, but doesn't run all GG games. It will run a few that were converted (hacked, see http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183685&postcount=229 ), and some that were actually Master System games on GG carts like Castle of Illusion or Chase HQ (doubt that there were more than these two).

Yes, sorry if my post confused anyone on that point. It should read "some GG" instead of just "GG".

Sektor
09-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Have any ASM coders taken a look at the source? I don't know ASM but I'd still like to know how to turn it into a mdbios.bin.

Dirt Ball Gamer
10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow, GG Aleste! That's a game I have had my eye on for a long time. I'm dieing to try that and the Frogger remake on GG. I am a Froggeraholic and I play it a couple times a week at the least!

Mugen Midget is your Avatar a Sonic ice cream Popsicle?! Just a guess.