Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sega Gear: Remote Arcade System

Default Sega Gear: Remote Arcade System

Chances are, you've at one time or another wanted to escape the confines of your Genesis pad's cord. While not short by any means, it can still be more restrictive than it should. You've probably also considered getting a wireless pad, but don't find the technology of the time very enticing. Perhaps then, you should give Sega's Remote Arcade System a shot, as it's by far one of the best wireless controllers to come out during the 16-bit period. And just to get you all giddy inside, we've got a full review of it in the latest installment of Sega Gear.
    Last edited by Melf; 01-12-2012 at 11:45 AM.

If anyone still wants Sega's Remote Arcade System brand new ($39.99), check out www.sega-parts.com . I've bought games and controllers from them before. Their a little high in price but everything they stock is brand new and Sega brand.

I tried these once, didn't really like them. I was never much for wireless controllers, especially mice which feel unnatural with the added battery weigth.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Sega-Parts might not even have them. They list things on their site that are out of stock.

Just look around, and you'll find them cheap.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Quote Originally Posted by David J.
    Sega-Parts might not even have them. They list things on their site that are out of stock.

Just look around, and you'll find them cheap.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Always give them an email before you place an order; they email you back pretty fast.

Sports Talker

I actually have a complete set of these...bought them new back in the early 90's with my systems. They are great and very high quality, I just get too annoyed with the "line of sight"...the whole time you are using them you feel you have to "point" the controller towards the receiver, and that's not always too comfortable depending on how you're sitting!

Great pads though!

WELCO
    ME
    TOT
    HE
    NEX
    T
    LEVEL

Oh man I don't think I could deal with infrared wireless controllers. Gotta be RF!

There is a swedish retrostore that had these. They sold em boxed and complete (2 pairs) for between 30 and 40$

Might still have them.
    Euro... Trash... Girl

I wonder what the Europe packaging looks like. It looks like these pads where released there first, then came to the US a while later.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

A friend of mine had these growing up, I liked them but never got a set. If his were that cheap, I want to look into finding a set now.

As I said in the review, they are hard to find, but when they show up, they are pretty cheap.

Default Found One

You know, I was wondering what those things were when I saw them at a local store. Unfortunately, it was just the controllers. Still, they were only a buck each, so maybe I should pick up the remaining one.
    [ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]

I'd pick it up. Finding a single pad in the wild is much harder than getting one with the receiver.

Nameless One

I've recently acquired two of these, and curiosity led me to take one apart. It seems as if there's enough extra room in there to add something...perhaps rf functionality? Anybody know if this could be done, perhaps with parts from a Nintendo Wavebird?

you know, i think i have one of those pads.. don't have a receiver, though! It was packed in with a broken Model 2 Genesis I bought cheaply from ebay (I stripped the Genesis for spare parts to repair my broken Genny...) I'll be looking for it once i return to germany (in about 2 weeks)
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

Thread Information