Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disney's Ariel the Little Mermaid

I am often surprised sometimes when I find some games have cardboard versions. One you don't expect there to be a cardboard release of Sonic 2, yet people did indeed find that game and there is still a mystery about it. Perhaps this falls into that category as well, as another "grid" game released in cardboard box is Little Mermaid.

Side by side, nothing much new going on. The only real difference is the Sega Genesis logo is slightly different and this is true anywhere it appears. The only other thing worth noting is that the white outline for text is slightly larger, making it stand out more.

This is one game that people kind of hate when it comes to how they put it into their collection. What IS the title exactly? Is it:
    1. Disney's Ariel: The Little Mermaid
    2. Ariel: Disney's The Little Mermaid
    3. Disney's The Little Mermaid Ariel
    Or those folks that ignore the Disney's name on a title and put it under A or L or whatever. It makes sense, I don't arrange my games that way either.
    This cardboard box is the slide type, so there is a red tray inside of a slipcover. They each have different barcodes, and the opposite side of the cardboard version just had the grid pattern there. No game number on the spine of the cardboard box either.

Here are the backs. I can see why someone would be let down about how the game plays. Those screenshots are pretty cool.
    The backs are the same, except the copyright text on the bottom. The cardboard having an extra "Printed in USA" to the right of the player number, and in the text it mentions Majesco and Assembled in Mexico.

Cartridge labels are different. The white outline seen on the box is present on the new cart.

Cart backs show the original is Sega/USA and the re-release has the back label.

No manual for the original. The cardboard box version has the black and white manual as expected.
    Here is the full album:
    https://imgur.com/a/3U735uz
    Sega Genesis Master Set Collector
    https://vgcollect.com/Tripredacus/gen

Road Rasher

My guess would be the cardboard version is a rerelease by majesco like a lot of disney games, in the late 90ís when they relaynched the gamegear and genesis 3

Of course, it says so on the box and in my post. It is just interesting that it has the original box, most cardboard box games do not have the grid type box. But knowing how lazy/cheap Majesco was, it wouldn't surprise me if they never made an updated box for anything. Most of their releases seem to use scans of existing boxes. That is my only idea as to why the artwork is blurry or pixelated on a lot of their releases. Likely some of those games they scanned the original plastic case, maybe sometimes they never took the insert out of it first? That doesn't explain 6-Pak tho.
    Sega Genesis Master Set Collector
    https://vgcollect.com/Tripredacus/gen

Thread Information