Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asterix and the Great Rescue

Meh Asterix and the Great Rescue

Americans might not be as familiar with Asterix and his comic exploits, as the series mostly stayed in Europe. Two platformers were actually released for the Genesis, though only one came out in America. The first game, Asterix and the Great Rescue made the trip overseas, but was it worth it? Read our full review and see if there's a reason why the Gaul hero and his friends mostly stayed in the old country.
    Last edited by Melf; 07-18-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Heh, I picked this one up the other week for $2.50. The graphics looked ok. That strict time limit is pretty annoying!

Seems like I give every Sega 1st party game at least a sporting chance. Still, I'll commit to progressing through this game a bit further, because I'm a glutton for punishment.

theres been a bunch of times where I almost bought this game since always super cheap, i guess its good I've haven't bought it.

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

OMG! I guess this puts me on the sidelines again. Lol. This is, imo, one of the best titles to ever grace the Sega Genesis. The music and graphics are among the best of the 16 bit era. Also, it is one of the best 2D Platforming Puzzlers I've ever played in my life. Asterix FTW!!!

Are You OKAY?!?! Road Rasher JackieBogard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    OMG! I guess this puts me on the sidelines again. Lol. This is, imo, one of the best titles to ever grace the Sega Genesis. The music and graphics are among the best of the 16 bit era. Also, it is one of the best 2D Platforming Puzzlers I've ever played in my life. Asterix FTW!!!
    haha when I first saw the review the first thing to pop into my head was "QSF isn't gonna be happy with that score."

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackieBogard View Post
    haha when I first saw the review the first thing to pop into my head was "QSF isn't gonna be happy with that score."
    Lol.

Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar

Yeah, I got this game at some point in the last few years because it's an Asterix game, I loved Asterix as a kid, and virtually none of the games have come out in the US, but it's just not that good, sadly...

Too bad, I'd like to play a good Asterix game, but this is one of the only ones with a US release so I guess outside of emulation that won't happen.

There is the Atari 2600 US games and Asterix and Obelix Kick Buttix for the PS2 if you want to play some more. Never played any of those so can't comment on them myself.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

I had this, and I didn't like it at all. Asterix was far better served on the PC/SNES with Asterix and Obelix.
    Omae wo mo shindeiru...

I was a little disappointed the first time I played this game, mainly because I thought I it would have a lot more action with Asterix and Obelix beating up on the Romans like in the comics. But once I got over the initial disappointment, I grew to like this game quite a bit. Very colorful and it can be a lot of fun once you get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Yeah, I got this game at some point in the last few years because it's an Asterix game, I loved Asterix as a kid, and virtually none of the games have come out in the US, but it's just not that good, sadly...

Too bad, I'd like to play a good Asterix game, but this is one of the only ones with a US release so I guess outside of emulation that won't happen.
    try the sms asterix fun garantue

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acdc View Post
    try the sms asterix fun garantue
    The moment i saw a thread about Asterix i knew it wouldn't be long before you'd post about the SMS version.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    The moment i saw a thread about Asterix i knew it wouldn't be long before you'd post about the SMS version.
    yeah i know
    but i made this review and i can t really find anything good in it to write about this game
    i like the comics a big fan and collector of it
    yes i like the mastersystem and most of the games that are produced for it
    but i still don t know is that the mastersystem version is yust a gem and this one made for a 16 bit machine that they just fucked it up so good

GOD OH WHY

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Did you read the Asterix reviews over at hardcore gaming101 yet?
    really good stuff, I didn't even knew there were that many.

Got me excited enough to boot up Asterix on my C64.

Well, I live in Europe and Iīm a Huge asterix fan, how can this score 3 out of 10 and power of the gods 7 is IMO beyond belief.

I own and have played a lot both games, altough the great rescue is by no means a classic, its a good game and quite challeging, power of the gods is just a mess, canīt really think of a better description for it.

And because Iīm an asterix fan donīt think I had high hopes...before buying it I had already read game magazines trash it, but still it was nothing but a mess, and I still gave a shot by playing it for quite some time...

Since we both enjoy Asterix and the great recue QuickSciFi, what do you think of Asterix and Power of the Gods?
    Last edited by JAFP78; 01-14-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Thread Information