Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Addams Family Values

Puyo Addams Family Values

They've been creepy and kooky for decades now, and there have actually been a fair amount of Addams Family games produced for a plethora of platforms. The Genesis received two titles, each based on the movies released in the '90s. The second game, Addams Family Values, had more of an RPG feel to it than the first one. Was it good enough to light up a bulb or do the Mamushka? Read our full review and see! Hail Raśl!

Nice to see this go up finally. Melf can you replace that boxart with the Pal version? The US version is a mock up box cover since the game was never released stateside. It just makes more sense with the Euro version and looks better too! Sorry to nitpick but the genre should be changed to Adventure or Action/RPG.
    Last edited by vintagegamecrazy; 04-15-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

A Fabio Gunstar Wildside Expert moonmaster1's Avatar

Awesome! Thanks for putting up my review melf!

For a bit I thought the review just wasn't good enough.

EDIT: Until I noticed the PM you sent, lol.

Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar

The US did get the SNES version, that might be worth mentioning... that version's going to be a lot easier to find here, obviously. I think that they're the same game.

I have the US SNES version, but never got around to playing it much...

I have the US version too. I've not played it much though either. I played the MD version because it's just more fun to say that I'm playing an import.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Despite the 1994 copyright this game has, I'm pretty sure it was actually released in 1995.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

the best addams family game was the pinball table based on the movie

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I don't like this one, it makes you feel like you've just gotten your hands on a great looking rpg,
    but then once you find your way through the gates and the game begins you'll notice that there's no way to save your other then those stupid passwords.

also like the review said, enjoy getting lost a lot of times.

To help out with the international side of things AFV was made for Genesis first in 1994 but never saw domestic release in cartridge form.

The snes version was ported in 1995 and Is my most memorable experience of the game as I was 7 and it left lasting impressions on me that still hold true to this day, such as sleeping with the lights on after a playthrough.

From what I know, the snes version has subtle graphic effects the genesis version does not. For instance In the gardens near the gargoyle statues, it will get cloudy, rain, then clean back up again. In the graveyard there is a thick layer of fog everywhere, and the swamp was fog but to a lesser degree.

Also I think the snes version is a tad bit slower. I'm not sure on that one.

Wildside Expert

I bought this game lately for 1,-
    Haven't played it yet, though. I don't know if I ever will

never played the game, But I really like the movie and great review

Quote Originally Posted by moonmaster1 View Post
    To help out with the international side of things AFV was made for Genesis first in 1994 but never saw domestic release in cartridge form.
    Maybe the Mega Drive version was actually developed and finished in 1994 like the copyright screen claims, but it was still released in Europe in 1995 and not before.

Wouldn't be the first time Ocean develops a game and holds it for release until they see fit to it, even if a whole year after. That delay even caused to many finished Ocean games for the Mega Drive, such as Mr. Nutz 2, Putty Squad, Jelly Boy and Waterworld, to be left unreleased in the end.

PS: And of course, I suppose that with "domestic release" you actually mean the North American release. It woudn't make sense the other way.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

snes afv gamefaqs

As you can see the snes version was released in early 1995. Seeing that the genesis version came before it would only make sense that it was release A little bit before the snes release (November at the latest).

However I have no proof when the genesis version was released due to it being on sega channel the gen gamefaqs page states just 1994 and nothing else.

and by domestic I do mean the U.S. gotta remember that not everyone is a us sega player.

GameFaqs can't be trusted as the best source out there for releases of games that old, since it has a lot of errors and unaccuracies concerning them. Only games of this current century should be trusted in that matter.

That profile is a fine example of what I'm talking, since it points out the European release date of the SNES version as March 28, 1996, when I'm pretty sure both the Mega Drive and SNES version came out in Europe at the same time, and both during 1995.

I can't talk much about North American release dates, due to being foreign to them, and unless I go and document myself about the matter. Europe and its releases are a different thing because my sources and memories have to be tied with them.
    Last edited by Wesker; 04-17-2010 at 07:45 PM.

I'm convinced that the snes version had to be programmed after the genesis version.

It could be possible that it was held back so it could be released alongside the snes version so the game could go multiplatform.

There is a forum dedicated to old ocean games and programmers frequent the site. If we could get a word if one of the programmers they may know the actual release dates for the game archived and put this educated guessing to rest.

Thread Information