Quantcast

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: The Sega-16 Giveaway thread

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    maaaan i was a diehard sega kid, working at publix down here making $4 something an hour...when it showed up at EB with a $400 price tag, i was crushed. there was a kiosk of the rushed VF port and i just decided to get a PSX later and be sour grapes about the system.

i finally got a modded one in 2012 or so - prices were up, but not nearly as bad as now thankfully - and in the years since, i've played it more than my PS4 & WU, and i enjoy both those systems. i just adore the chances it took with major teams on newer stuff, the arcade ports, the working designs love, all of it. so many of the things that prolly did nothing to help it in the mid to late 90s really makes it shine for me today!
    I'm right there with ya on being a SEGA kid, but my love was all for the Genesis. I lived in a small town and I never saw a Saturn being sold anywhere (even though commercials ran for it on tv). My local Wal-Mart only stocked the Playstation so that's what most people got at the time.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training supersega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
    The Saturn has been claimed. PS2 stand anyone?
    Ah, hell. I'll take that as well, I have a DTL that would sit pretty in that, lol. Thanks yo!

I'm right there with ya on being a SEGA kid, but my love was all for the Genesis. I lived in a small town and I never saw a Saturn being sold anywhere (even though commercials ran for it on tv). My local Wal-Mart only stocked the Playstation so that's what most people got at the time.
    Only Playstation? Did they at least sell Genesis games, or was this past the time for that?

Quote Originally Posted by supersega View Post
    Ah, hell. I'll take that as well, I have a DTL that would sit pretty in that, lol. Thanks yo!
    Only Playstation? Did they at least sell Genesis games, or was this past the time for that?
    DTL?

Yeah, they sold Genesis games but it was dwindling down at that time to make room for Playstation titles.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training supersega's Avatar

Okay folks, have I got some giveaways for you. I feel like I owe you all for 4Runner's generosity and help in the Mega CD thread, lol. I bought all this stuff off of eBay in a massive lot for a friend who wanted one thing in the lot and nothing more. Which that was okay for sure, but it left me with 36 lbs. of cables, pieces of broken plastic, and other junk. You see any thing you want in here, its yours, just pay shipping. Even the Wii sensor bar. But not including the broken Super Cub.

Attachment 11885

Attachment 11886

Attachment 11887

Attachment 11888

Link to high quality, full-size pics.

http://imgur.com/a/FOsCE

DTL?

Yeah, they sold Genesis games but it was dwindling down at that time to make room for Playstation titles.
    Yup, DTL-H30001, says "TEST" on the side and plays master-patched burnt games. Was well worth it minus the 4x lasers it killed, lol. Sucks to hear on that 4Runner, really shows though that Sega's grasp on the market was starting to falter.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

It's good to see this thread finally get resurrected after so long! Good to see a bit of altruism make it's way back onto the forum!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    It's good to see this thread finally get resurrected after so long! Good to see a bit of altruism make it's way back onto the forum!
    Yeah, man....kindness and generosity is far better than hate and selfishness

Social Justice Ninja Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

damn, that's crazy...now that you mention it, i know kaybee didn't carry saturn, but i don't even remember a section for it at best buy out here. EB and i wanna say TRU had very small ones though, and nobody i knew had one.

Quote Originally Posted by supersega View Post
    Okay folks, have I got some giveaways for you. I feel like I owe you all for 4Runner's generosity and help in the Mega CD thread, lol. I bought all this stuff off of eBay in a massive lot for a friend who wanted one thing in the lot and nothing more. Which that was okay for sure, but it left me with 36 lbs. of cables, pieces of broken plastic, and other junk. You see any thing you want in here, its yours, just pay shipping. Even the Wii sensor bar. But not including the broken Super Cub.

Yup, DTL-H30001, says "TEST" on the side and plays master-patched burnt games. Was well worth it minus the 4x lasers it killed, lol. Sucks to hear on that 4Runner, really shows though that Sega's grasp on the market was starting to falter.

That's cool that you're giving some things away too. On the faltering market....yeah it was bad in my small town because even in 1995 I was still enjoying playing my Genesis but the games started to get more and more scarce on the store shelves. I had to resort to going to the video store to rent anything newly released.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    damn, that's crazy...now that you mention it, i know kaybee didn't carry saturn, but i don't even remember a section for it at best buy out here. EB and i wanna say TRU had very small ones though, and nobody i knew had one.
    You had an EB, Best Buy and Kaybee where you lived in the 90's....ballin!

Got a few more things up for grabs. Shipping should be no more than $5 for this stuff.

DSCN0005.JPGDSCN0006.JPG

Arrow

The games/cases have been claimed. All that's left is the Saturn console and the vertical PS2 stand.
    You know I never got a PS2 stand even tho I've had the system for years, Let me know if nobody else wants it.

Edit: My bad, saw that someone else claimed it. Maybe next time.~
    05/05/15

Games/PS2 stand are still up for grabs. BonusKun, I've sent you a PM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Saturn boxes/games I'd take if still available.

Clockwork and Astal are empty. Shipping is $13.55. You still want it?

Sure.

PM me paypal?

Thread Information