Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contra Hardcorps

Default Contra Hardcorps

Anyone uber good at that game? I got really good with the robot
    that I could beat the full ending without taking a hit, but that was
    after playing it over 100 times.

Wouldn't say übergood, but me and my brother have seen all six endings at least. Everything is really hard at first, but once you see the weak spot of the boss you can do it.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

its not a difficult game if you played it several times it is adrenaline pushing but noh actually not that difficult BTW ive not seen al the endings,dunno which way,path to go for those diffrent endings.

The secret ending is seen when you defeat the alternative boss before that hacker guy.
    One ending is seen (actually you just loose one continue) when you choose to become the evil guy's right hand.
    And the other four endings are seen depending on what routes you take. Since there are two times you choose a route, these are the possible ways, where A and B are the choices: AA AB BB BA.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Cannons! Sports Talker gaMEthuselah's Avatar

Reading reviews that state that it's too difficult to be a good game always gives me this eerie feeling of contentment. It's not that the game is difficult; it's the fact that the player hasn't got the "skillz" (oh dear).

I've seen all endings and I got up to a point where I managed to finish the game with one or two hits. Then I just started playing other games. Now I'm all out of it.

I'll probably need to get into it again. Excessive explosions and unfair brutality is so shallow, but also very, very entertaining. It's like Die Hard.

gMt - æ

its just the best contra ever,that was the point where all the metallized music started till neo contar for ps2 which is just another rethrew of the older game,copy levels and remodel,and you get yourself one of the crappiest contras ever shattered soledier and neo,are both crap.

Actually Shattered Soldier is a really good game. Neo Contra sucks though.
    Unfortunately I have an early Ps2 and since Shattered Soldier is a blue disc my system has trouble reading it. I heard putting some tape on it makes it heavier and makes the system think it's a DVD. This helped but it doesn't always work.

shatterd soldier is adicted thats true but it might as wel could been for a saturn,then i presentates.but come on that stuff didnt have to bee on ps2,it doesnt fit the system.still its a nice one loose form the graphs,guilty gear gets its score with slightly looking better.The sountrack is a bit to repeating somethimes which is way not good for a contra game,the metal started and was awsome speedy packed with contra HC,it gave that game the extra meat on the bones.anyone willing to boost contra 4 on guitar,its one hell of a task,im trying someday.

Wanto screw youre disk with tape go ahead,you can also adjust you lens to the game i think ill search it up for you.

dont do it.ooh yeah contra shattered soldier the guitar work is almost too homemade alike,a heavy beat repeationg for an 3 minutes boring,if you had aone lesson guitar playing you can play the whole games music.

for any games that don't run in my ps2 i place a 1 inch piece of tape as close to the center hole (on label side) as I can. I place 4 of these pieces so it makes a box around the O . So far as never failed me and i have it on like 50 + ps 1 games.

I just bought Rez for Ps2 and didn't know it was a blue disc! Oh well. With some tape I may be able to get it to work.

If you want a really difficult game, then just try something like Shadow of the Beast.

Despite what's said generally about Contra Hard Corps (better known as Best Contra Ever), it's a well balanced game for what the general gameplay of the series has always offered. Other thing is that this is not a type of gameplay oriented to common players, but for arcade-lovers who don't care about restarting the game whenever times are possible to learn the bosses routines and counter-attack them. And dude, the boss combats of this game are really priceless.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

I don't know why Sega of America sought to make the American release more difficult, usually American versions are "dumbed down" a la Final Fantasy 2. If anyone has played the jap version, you'll notice how you get like 3 times the amount of hits!

Konami itself was the one who did it, not SEGA of America. And I always though this was decided by the western divisions of Konami to preserve the traditional one-hit life system of the series, at least in the western releases. Japanese version "Contra: The Hard Corps" had a 3-hits life bar, although it wasn't the first Japanese version of the series to include a life bar, since the original Contra for the MSX already had one.

Other thing that could really bug many people is the fact that all cheat codes from the Japanese version were removed entirely in the western releases.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

Thread Information