Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contra Hardcorps

They also made Rocket Knight Adventures harder for the US release (or so I hear).

The bad guy in Hard Corpse is a former soldier from "The Alien Wars". He doesn't look familiar, though. Was he player 1 or player 2?

No. Player 1 and Player 2 in the previous Contra games before Contra Hard Corps were Bill Rizer and Lance Bean, the traditional heroes in the series who returned in Contra Shattered Soldier. Although this time only Bill was playable in combination with a new partner (Lucia LCR), because of Lance turning mad by a Moirai's infection inside his body that preserved him to die assasinated when he discovered a government conspiracy.

Colonel Bahamut did not appeared directly in Contra The Alien Wars, but as it is told in Contra Hard Corps, he was a hero who fought for the human side in the known as "the mother of all battles". This is just a mention though, and he's in fact a new character appearing in Contra Hard Corps.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

First Person Shooter Wildside Expert metalliqaz's Avatar

I could never figure out why, oh why, they would make a contra game that didn't include the "contra code".

-d

Because playing with actual skill is better :-) I'm actually pretty good at the NES contras, up until the later levels.

Capn

Even though it is so easy I will always prefer the first contra for NES. Maybe its just weird nostalgia.

Death Adder's minion Alien_Soldier's Avatar

Contra: Hard Corps is an amazing game, indeed. Just got the European version (titled "Probotector") the other day. Haven't really gotten around to playing it that much yet, but I was wondering if anyone here know about the codes; which codes work on which releases (Jap, EU, US)?

Master of Shinobi Dirt Ball Gamer's Avatar

I love the us release, it feels just right to me. I did not know rocket night was harder in the us, thats crazy, never played the jap version. Don't quote me on this but I think the konami code works on the jap version, but you have to be fast as lightening. Ive never tried the codes so I don't know, but I guess the US had codes disabled, don't know about europe. There is game genie codes I think for probably all versions, but ive never tried them. You don't need codes man just take that game out, its a lot easier at first for people if they play two player than going it alone. Its all memorization and quick reflexes. Im fine playing one player though, maybe a little better actually. An interesting thing ive noticed is when it goes to two player mode your individual fire power is less powerful to compensate for both of you shooting the bosses at once. IDK maybe thats common in games but this was the first game I remember noticing it.

Banned by Administrators dragonboy's Avatar

I have that game downloaded on my Sega Genesis emulator, on my computer in robotics class at school. I play it whenever I have a free day in that class. It's really fun, and it might be chalenging for the average gamer, but for me it's not really as hard as everyone says it is; but then again one day I said to some other students that I've beaten every old Super Mario game like a bazillion times, and they were all shocked out of their guts.

The Rhythm Rogue Outrunner cj iwakura's Avatar

I liked Shattered Soldier, but it's got one similarity to Hard Corps: I still can't beat it.

I will eventually though. If I can finish Contra 4, they should be cakewalks in comparison.

Shattered Soldier is heavy on requiring memorization.

Accessing COMP・・Demon Summoning Program Active・・Login Timeout. Access terminated.

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life.
    For me, it was Tuesday." | The Temple of Raul Julia's Witness

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

NES contras are piece of cake compared with CHC. I can beat NES ones with no hits from beginning to the end, not so with CHC, which I should play more...
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

I love all the multiple endings

Thread Information