Quantcast

Thread: majesco Game Gear is here!

18daysolderthansms Outrunner Devon's Avatar

Default majesco Game Gear is here!

well i got sick of my old game gear which was made with the best parts from 3 game gears as it takes awhile to warm up with all the capacitors going out, so i figuered a majesco one since its made in mexico and from 2000 and up would be of better quality, i can say the screen is much better, faster response time too the all the sega units ive used, the dpad is more stiff but precise, its missing the thread in the back so you can't attach a sega powerback which mine only holds 30 minutes charge anyways.
    the screen is scratched up so if anyone knows where i can find a majesco cover for it that would be great as the sega ones leave too big a gap. also any other thoughts on the majesco gear are welcome

Jizzed in my pants... NOT Raging in the Streets M4R14NO94's Avatar

So that's why Majesco started making re-releases of GG games back then... (except for Super Battletank, I believe that one was never released for the system until Majesco released it)
    Links and stuffz:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LanceBoyle94
    www.youtube.com/user/M4R14NO94
    http://lanceboyles.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Weird Al" Yankovic (on the AL-TV "interview" with Kevin Federline)
    Really? You mean like if someone got right up on your face and said that you're an IGNORANT, NO-TALENT WHITE TRASH, FORTUNE SQUANDERING VANILLA ICE WANNABE LOSER, you'd be okay with that?

yeah iam hoping the capacitors are of higher quality then the sega manufactured ones, also the system came with alladin a majesco remake and the cartridge itself is the same black plastic of the newer game gear and not dark grey like the rest of the cartriges

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

I bought one new from Amazon a while back. It feels much cheaper than the sega made units, and it didn't work with the tv tuner, but the screen was a lot better. I always meant to mix and match parts so I could get an uber Game Gear, but since the tv tuner is obsolete now there's no point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

Voice of NeverNeverLand Master of Shinobi Waterfaller's Avatar

What does it look like? Is it exactly like the original Sega one, or was it redesigned? I'm kinda curious.

It's called a Mega Drive Master of Shinobi Devil N's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfaller View Post
    What does it look like? Is it exactly like the original Sega one, or was it redesigned? I'm kinda curious.
    Our old friend QuickSciFi opened the box of one a few months ago, and was so kind to make a video of it:

i still have yet to see or hear about a majesco game gear having problems i mean sure if it has tits or transistors its gonna eventually give you problems, but knock on wood hers hope to them putting decent long lasting capacitors in it.

Nice pickup. I've had my eye open for a Majesco Game Gear around here and I've only ever seen one around and it got sold before I could nab it!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfaller View Post
    The main thing that gives it away is the 3 color ovals (red, green, blue) logo on the left of the screen is 3 gray ovals instead. I also think the plastic shell is darker like almost black. It has a better LCD with less blur but doesn't work with the TV Tuner or Master Gear (SMS) adapters.

Thread Information