Quantcast

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Stories: The Paranormal Thread

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

Faaakkesss.

Chess Grand Master Outrunner Hiarcs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nunzio View Post
    I witnessed a spectre-like object as a child. It did not have a particular shape, but I think it can best be described as darkness, with eyes. And I do find things like I will be standing across the street from someone looking straight at me, a bus or something goes by and the person is gone completely. Or I see someone behind me in a puddle, turn around and the person is not there.

I suppose it can all be rationalized, but it's the feeling that makes it seem paranormal. Like when you see something that is impossible or unnatural.
    That's interesting, specially when you have the not-normal sensation.

Rebel scum Shining Hero MrMatthews's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lizard View Post
    My friend and I saw a perfectly blue ball of light from the mountains around here. It was off and on like camera flash. It wasn't paranormal but no one had ever been able to tell me what it was. I talked to one of astronomy professors who studied energy and all sorts of bizarre things and she had no idea. I have read about ball lighting but this thing was freaking huge.
    Stephen King wrote about something like this in The Body (Stand By Me, to you movie fans). In the story, he played it off like a normal but uncommon natural phenomenon, almost as if the readers were supposed to know what it was. I've never heard of it, and he didn't explain.

Chess Grand Master Outrunner Hiarcs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatthews View Post
    Stephen King wrote about something like this in The Body (Stand By Me, to you movie fans). In the story, he played it off like a normal but uncommon natural phenomenon, almost as if the readers were supposed to know what it was. I've never heard of it, and he didn't explain.
    Havent checked that out, I might give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by Pulstar View Post
    Now UFO sightings are very normal and I observed at least one such object. Also know of friends who witnessed UFOs too.. Mostly explainable but sometimes just plain freaky.
    lol UFO people make me laugh more than ghost people. I'll be the first to admit the possibility of intelligent life in the Universe is extremely high. However Earth is located out in the boonies and always caused me to question why intelligent life would even stop by (especially considering the facts of what we as a species would do to unwanted visitors). If Roswell actually happened I think it went something like this: "Frank you didn't check the coordinates before we made the jump to light speed!!". "Sorry dude I forgot". "Thanks cause now we're F***ED".

Voice of NeverNeverLand Master of Shinobi Waterfaller's Avatar

I do believe in extra terrestrials also. Like you said, we're the only life out here in the boonies of the galaxy. How did THAT happen? I've always believed that we're not natural to this planet. But hey, we've sure staked our claim here pretty well, so I'm good lol

Rogue Master of Shinobi Pulstar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Contra-God View Post
    lol UFO people make me laugh more than ghost people. I'll be the first to admit the possibility of intelligent life in the Universe is extremely high. However Earth is located out in the boonies and always caused me to question why intelligent life would even stop by (especially considering the facts of what we as a species would do to unwanted visitors). If Roswell actually happened I think it went something like this: "Frank you didn't check the coordinates before we made the jump to light speed!!". "Sorry dude I forgot". "Thanks cause now we're F***ED".
    Please note that UFOs ≠ extraterrestrials in the vast majority of cases.
    Last edited by Pulstar; 07-06-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Contra-God View Post
    LMAO. Ahh the power of a persons imagination. Paranormal activity is simply a persons imagination and I'll spend the night in any morgue/graveyard/insane asylum/whatever to prove it.
    lol
    I sure as hell wouldn't do that... lol

18daysolderthansms Outrunner Devon's Avatar

i like dead celebritys episode on southpark, where the ghost hunters peed and pooped themselves

Voice of NeverNeverLand Master of Shinobi Waterfaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecco View Post
    lol
    I sure as hell wouldn't do that... lol
    I agree, that's just asking for trouble handed to you on a silver platter. Asylums are bad, morgues are worse.

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

I've not seen ghosts and stuff but I sure would want to...

I have seen some fun things I would put under the UFO category though.
    Once I just saw an elliptical bright white shape moving slowly from left to right when viewed from my room's window.
    I once saw a bright white NATO star/cross/whatever shaped object moving over my house at great speed to the horizon, I was outside and I could not hear any sounds....
    Once I saw something in sky I would describe as explosion seen in Gradius on NES, no idea what it was, but it looked exactly like that...
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by Pulstar View Post
    Please note that UFOs ≠ extraterrestrials in the vast majority of cases.
    I have a hard time believing that anything in our sky's is something other than what we put up there. It may be a government project we don't know about but I doubt it's "unidentified" according to our government. Then again I don't believe in anything that someone can't prove because I've been camping in the PNW woods my entire life (was even a boy scout) and I have yet to see Bigfoot or find D.B. Coopers treasure.

Raging in the Streets

oooOOOoooOOOooo

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Oh the stories I could tell. People would have to PM me if they really want to hear some weird experiences.

OK here's one: A couple months ago I saw what I'd call a UFO, and by that I mean it was an unidentifiable flying object, and I'm not claiming anything beyond that. Anyways here's what happened:

Late at night I parked my car on the next street over & I was walking to my street. I cut through a parking lot and right in front of me, it looked like 2 stars shot up into the sky. I just happened to be facing the exact direction they were coming from.

The "2 stars" flew exactly in line, one in front of the other, at a close proximity, so it gave the impression that they could be 2 lights on one object. (There was NO flashing at all, which is characteristic of planes.)

So I stood there and watched these 2 "stars" fly up from the horizon in front of me, up and then directly over me. I watched the whole time and I turned around when it passed directly overhead, so I could watch it fly to the other horizon. Before it got there it seemed to get hazy and fade out, although that might just have been clouds or light pollution blotting it out....

There was absolutely no sound, and the lights were fast. They went from one horizon to the opposite horizon in less than 10 seconds. They were so fast that I was just barely able to follow them w/ my eyes. Any faster and I don't think I could have tracked it clearly.

I've seen lots of satellites and even the fast ones take a couple minutes to pass thru the sky.

...Of course the government is known to create & experiment w/ secret aircraft and weaponry, so that's always a conservative explanation for unexplainable lights in the sky...
    Last edited by Ecco; 07-06-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Aliens seem a FUCK of a lot more likely to me than our dead relatives floating around in thin air.

Even having witnessed "paranormal activity" myself, I'll be the first to call bullshit on it any day. The human brain is extremely powerful, and more than capable of faking up a few weird occurrences. And even still, if there IS something going on behind the curtain, I am highly skeptical that it has anything to do with "ghosts", at least in the traditional way that we view them.

Anyone who claims they are "sensitive" in this regard is usually about as "sensitive" as a toilet seat.

Thread Information