Quantcast

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom 32X

True story: For Halloween I used to like to dress up in something and give out candy to kids since a lot of houses just didn't bother. One year I went as a "pumpkin business man" and carried a suitcase full of candy and toys to give out. The catch was that I'd have to make them trade for it -- I'd take their bad candy or whatever, and they'd get an upgrade of sorts. Doom 32X was one of the things I threw into that suitcase that night, and I simply could not get any kid to trade for it.

I agree with everything mentioned... but, a four?

A bit harsh I think.

I would have given it maybe a 5-6, but like I said, I agree with everything said.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamin
    True story: For Halloween I used to like to dress up in something and give out candy to kids since a lot of houses just didn't bother. One year I went as a "pumpkin business man" and carried a suitcase full of candy and toys to give out. The catch was that I'd have to make them trade for it -- I'd take their bad candy or whatever, and they'd get an upgrade of sorts. Doom 32X was one of the things I threw into that suitcase that night, and I simply could not get any kid to trade for it.
    Oh man that's cool, I gotta do that!

*is always bored on Halloween*

Brush it up and add some embellishments, and that could be a Story From the Book of Genesis.

Word, that sounds like a cool story to tell.

isnt really as bad as i thought it would be. i think people are hard on this game because the 32x and sega cd are judged as stand alone consoles and not for what they truly were, sega genesis upgrades. upgrades for a video game system that came out in 1988, and i gotta admit doom plays pretty good on my genesis. its just trimmed down like the game boy and game boy color ports of some games or how master system ports of genesis games are. id give doom 32x a 7 or maybe an 8 as its defenitely the best fps available for any 16 bit system by far.
    I don't play old stuff for nostalgia, I play old stuff because the games are better.
    -Drakon

Chess Grand Master Outrunner Hiarcs's Avatar

Always a classic
    iPad 2, 32GB Black.

PimpTaxi is real 2401 Master of Shinobi PimpUigi's Avatar

I just found out you can access level 23 and 24 with a Game Genie/PAR code.

I found it on Google a few days ago.
    Probably only works with an emulator, but I'm going to check those two levels out eventually.

32X Doom was my first Doom...and I played so much, I could beat it on Nightmare without cheating. (and I didn't have a concept of speed run then either, so I killed every enemy along the way)
    You get to kill every demon endlessly as your reward!
    Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Venture View Post
    It's not "I like big boobies, where's a pic of Jennifer Love Hewitt!" it's "I like big boobies, and this Sonic character has them. Score!!"

There is something i have to get off my chest.

It's funny how user reviews compare this version to the one on the Snes, and state how much better it is. Well, Obviously, this is better than the Snes version!! But is that even saying anything? Considering that this is suppose to be a 32 bits machine. Isn't it sad case?...tsk...I guess it makes the 32X owners feel a but more "Secure".

Take that 32X!

It's not "I like big boobies, where's a pic of Jennifer Love Hewitt!" it's "I like big boobies, and this Sonic character has them. Score!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Curryman123 View Post
    There is something i have to get off my chest.

It's funny how user reviews compare this version to the one on the Snes, and state how much better it is. Well, Obviously, this is better than the Snes version!! But is that even saying anything? Considering that this is suppose to be a 32 bits machine. Isn't it sad case?...tsk...I guess it makes the 32X owners feel a but more "Secure".
    You forget that SNES Doom has the SuperFX2, which was supposed to be Nintendo's "answer" to the 32X. SFX2 games were advertised as being equal or superior to 32X games without having a separate add-on. So comparing 32X Doom to SNES Doom IS a big deal. Was Nintendo's pack-in chips able to make the SNES just as good as a 32X?

Take that SFX2!

Why are you calling this game "Doom 32X"? It's called Doom. There is no other version on the Mega Drive or Mega-CD, so there is no confusion to be made. For Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure however, there are versions on both the core console and the two add-ons, but it's not called "Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure 32X" here any way. Talk about double standard!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    Why are you calling this game "Doom 32X"? It's called Doom. There is no other version on the Mega Drive or Mega-CD, so there is no confusion to be made. For Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure however, there are versions on both the core console and the two add-ons, but it's not called "Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure 32X" here any way. Talk about double standard!
    Uh... I called it Doom 32X to distinguish it from Doom SNES or Doom PC or etc.

But those are also incorrect names and not reviewed on this Sega site!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Thread Information