Quantcast

Thread: Stone Protectors

Thumbs up Stone Protectors

Some days ago, the unreleased Mega Drive/Genesis version of Stone Protectors was made available to the public. The prototype seems to be a fully finished version of the game, which was intended for release by Vic Tokai in 1994, and it even got a North American ESRB rating.

There's also this site which states background info and some similarities/differences with the released SNES version.

http://nesplayer.com/prototypes/ston...tors/index.htm

Thanks to Mike of The NES Player, who made this release possible. It's always nice to see unreleased games coming around.

goddA jaAm SAmmmm Road Rasher mugenmidget's Avatar

Wow, that's nuts, the SNES version was actually kinda fun to run through with a friend so I'll have to check this out. I remember running across this in an unreleased prototypes list and thinking it would never see the light of day. Thanks for sharing, Wesker!

I hope some day I see a post from you about Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat for the Genesis. I've always wondered how many players that prototype might have supported, in the arcade it was 3 and on the NES it was 4. I'd love to have another 4 player Genesis racer!

There is some private collector who has a fairly complete Mega Drive/Genesis prototype of Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat. This might see a release one day if things turn right for it.

What I'm really waiting is the day when Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures for the Mega Drive/Genesis finally surfaces and comes out.

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

WHOA! Awesome. Great find man!

Yet another reason why I Can't wait for my Everdrive to get here. Thanks for posting this.

Chris

Road Rasher

Awesome! New Genny beat 'em ups are welcome anytime!

Many, many thanks to Mike of NES Player for making Stone Protectors available. We're all very lucky this prototype isn't just sitting around someone's house, unused. Thanks Wesker for sharing the good news!

The medium-sized mang. Raging in the Streets Lastcallhall's Avatar

Always good to see a new release. I'll play this one later tonight.

Thread Information