Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need 32X Spacer

Well, for a temporary solution would be to wedge a piece of styrofoam in between the 32X and Genesis.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26764&dateline=128258  8271

I got the spacer, but it still won't work. I get power, but the TV just shows a blank screen. Either AV adaptor works fine when used with the Genesis alone. Any ideas? You can use a second Genesis AV adaptor for the 32X, right?

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

Did you clean your 32X's cartridge slot and edge connector? If not, I recommend doing so. Here's the simplest ways to get the job done.

Edge Connector:
    Grab some isopropyl alcohol and Q-tips. Wet a cotton swap in the rubbing alcohol, then wipe it back and forth along one side of the edge connector. Then switch to the dry swab and wipe back and forth along the same side. Repeat this step a few times until that side is clean. Then do all that on the other side of the edge connector, several times. Keep doing all that until the q-tip ends come out clean. Make sure to wait 5 or 10 minutes to let the rubbing alcohol evaporate before testing.

Cartridge slot:
    Wet a cartridge's edge connector using a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Then insert and remove the cartridge from the slot several times. Wipe the cartridge off with a dry q-tip, then wet the cart again and repeat this procedure for 3 to 4 more times. Make sure to wait 5 or 10 minutes to let the rubbing alcohol evaporate before testing.

I've got a Genesis cartridge cleaning kit. I'll try using that.

I hate to say I told you so...

...no wait, I don't.

I told you so.

There, now that I've been a jerk about it, I can be helpful.

CHECK. THE. RIBBON. CABLES.
    Seriously, they come out so easily. They're the number 1 reason for 32x deaths.

It's aliiiiiive!

It was indeed the ribbon cable. I enjoyed a nice game of Star Wars Arcade afterwards. Now, once I get some more money, I need to track down a copy of Knuckles Chaotix, one of the few console Sonic (or I guess "Sonic Universe" would be more appropriate) games I've never played.

Wildside Expert

does anyone have the 32x spacer 3d model file? thanks a lot

I like to see a spacer 3D printed custom fitted for the CDX!

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gravitar View Post
    That would be nice. Heck, it would be nice if there was an STL for the regular spacer already, you could maybe use that as a basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by gravitar View Post
    I was wondering about this, if anyone had ever made an STL of it so someone can 3D print their own spacer if they don't have one.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I have a spacer for the M2 but never use it, it's probably stuck away in the box. I have no idea how you'd go about getting someone to make a 3D printable file though. I'd assume it would take a fair bit of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I have a spacer for the M2 but never use it, it's probably stuck away in the box. I have no idea how you'd go about getting someone to make a 3D printable file though. I'd assume it would take a fair bit of work.
    Well, there are already printable cartridge shells as well as the actual console shells out there. I assume there is no printable 32x spacer simply because it's pretty obscure.

I just got a 32X and it came with everything, even the metal tabs..... but NOT the spacer... and the only ones I can find on Ebay are going for an absolutely ridiculous $25.

Thread Information