Quantcast

Thread: Xbox Live reaches 2 million subscribers

Default Xbox Live reaches 2 million subscribers

From Gamestop:

Just over a year ago, Microsoft proudly announced that its broadband online gaming service for the Xbox, Xbox Live, had reached the one-million subscriber mark in under two years. Today, the company announced that Xbox Live has reached another milestone: 2 million subscribers. The second million subscribers came in at an even faster pace, at little more than just a year's time, which is the equivalent of adding one Xbox Live subscriber every 30 seconds.

Xbox Live is currently the most successful console-based online gaming service, providing gamers easy access to online multiplayer gaming sessions, real-time voice chat, and instant messaging. An explosion of more than 200 Xbox Live-enabled games, including current Live top dogs Halo 2 and Forza Motorsport, has led the charge.

Microsoft expects the numbers to increase with the launch of the Xbox 360 this holiday season. Each console will come with a free basic Xbox Live service, dubbed "silver," which can be upgraded to "gold" level for a fee. The silver level will have limited features, such as the ability to create a digital identity, use voice chat with other gamers, and access the service's marketplace feature. The gold level will upgrade the service to allow online gaming and video messaging.
    Nice! Yay Live!

What games do you play on Xbox Live, Melf? I was playing Crimson Skies for the first time a few weekends ago on Live.. really a fun game.

I played some Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, PSO, and a buttload of Project Gotham 2. I haven't been on much lately, but would like to play some Crimson Skies sometime. We need to get a game going.

What's your gamertag?

I was playing it over at a friend's whose tag is Towerflare. I myself unfortunately don't own an Xbox, but I'll be spending a few days over at that buddy's place in the middle of August once the cherry season winds down and I can take a breather from working like a dog. So yeah, if you're willing to wait the better part of a month, we can Crimson Skies it up proper.

No problem dude. I'll be waiting for you!

Thread Information