Quantcast

Thread: Tiny Toon Adv: Buster's Hidden Treasure

Default Tiny Toon Adv: Buster's Hidden Treasure

More than a decade after they first appeared on consoles, the Tiny Toons are still showing up in video games. Back when they were still actually something new, they had two outings on the Genesis, including an excellent little platform adventure called Buster's Hidden Treasure. Retaining the charm of the cartoon and spreading it evenly over a massive world, the game was a surprise hit. Read the review and prepare to go looney!
    Last edited by Melf; 09-05-2011 at 07:09 PM.

This is my absolutely favourite Tiny Toons game, no doubt. I always prefered the totally platformer style of this one over the more side-scroller style of the Konami's Game Boy and SNES games, or the Treasure's Game Boy Advance one.

Great job the one Konami did.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=154&dateline=15683853  53

I liked the NES one too, but the fact that the whole soundtrack consisted of just the Tiny Toon theme played over and over nearly made me slit my wrists.

Outrunner

I like this game, but the jump control in it is a big minus for me. Jumping in this game is clumsy and not as fluid as in most platformers. I can get past it and enjoy the game, but this control really should have been tightened up.
    It may no longer be the `90s, but there is still time for Klax.

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

Yeah, the controls are a bit too loose for a good platformer, but this is fun nontheless.

Konami sure knew how to make those American cartoon licences work, huh? Between their Tiny Toon games, the TMNT series, and their one Simpsons game, someone somewhere knew what they were doing when it came to licenced titles.

I loved this game, but it really bothered me that so little creative thought was put into it. Especially when compared to the SNES release, since that game was really a wonder of creativity.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Too bad it only had 4 MBit; great gameplay, good animations but not very beautyfull backgrounds.

Cannons! Sports Talker gaMEthuselah's Avatar

I, contrary to apparently most of you, loathed the game. I'd find it a fairly decent game, had it not been for the fact that the game's levels are absolutely riddled with "instant death spikes". Those who thought that the developers of Sonic the Hedgehog were the ultimate lovers of spikes (I have the copy without the damage invincibility), need to set their eyes on this. The level designers at Konami must've had a morbidly obsessive love for spikes when they made this one.

For example, if Buster were to take a big leap of faith, 7 out of 10 he gets to have his feet accupuntured by spikes. If not, chances are that spikes will shoot out of the ground if you wait long enough. One instance even places death spikes, just out of sight, directly above a trampoline.

While the beginning of the game isn't that bad, it gets downright masochistic in later levels, with one of the last levels being the epitomy of spike impalement. Gone are your five hearts, have fun guiding Buster through the level again, with three. Maybe I'm a pussy, but fact remains I quickly ejected the TTA cart to play another, more entertaining game.

gMt -

I would put the spike hate on Keiji Inafune, but that's just me I suppose.

I loved this game, except for the jumping (which was broken, AT BEST), and control underwater, which is possibly the worst control in-water ths side of crappy flash games

Sports Talker

Tough but fun

I love this game, but once you get to the caves world, it gets brutally hard. I agree that the controls are too loose, and thats what causes allot of my frustration. But the music, and the huge, fun levels, more than make up for it. My friend claims the game is easy, which annoys me because I find it so hard.

Outrunner

I also find the controls of Buster Hidden Treasure a loose and the game just gets annoying later on.

I'll add another disappoint is the typical platforming levels of Buster Hidden Treasure compared to Buster Busts Loose on the SNES that base levels on the show.

Death Adder's minion

yeah i find that most Looney Tunes/Tiny Tunes games in general the controls seems to be kinda weird and the game play gets repetitive really soon. :-S

I never finished this game. Though, this review makes me want to pull it back out of the box it's been sitting in for years.

Death Adder's minion CamelMan420's Avatar

Great platformer, Great review.
    The best looney toons game in my opinion.

There are three releases of this game.

1. Plastic case, full artwork cart, Konami Made in Japan on back of cart
    2. Plastic case, Konami Classic logo on front, full artwork cart, Konami Assembled in Mexico (black label) on back of cart
    3. Cardboard slip box, Konami Classic logo on front, red stripe cart, Sega Asssembled in Mexico (black label) on back of cart. Box back shows it is a Majesco version.

No pictures at this time.
    Sega Genesis Master Set Collector
    https://vgcollect.com/Tripredacus/gen

Thread Information