Quantcast

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disney's The Lion King

Default Disney's The Lion King

The Lion King is a faithful and enjoyable adaptation of Disney's classic film. Simba's quest to retake his kingdom from the evil Scar is a challenging and beautifully-crafted platformer that shows Disney and Virgin Interactive at their finest!
    Last edited by Melf; 12-13-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Broken link.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I still haven't played past the first level on the Genesis version, but I have come oh so close to beating the Game Gear version, which I love. Great games.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

Hey, I remember this!

As a kid, I was always perplexed as to what the roar did early in the game, and I thought the 'chase' levels were kind of less-fun versions of the moose chase in Mickey Mania, as I played Lion King after that. Fun, though, and one of two Genny games I point to when I try to argue that not all movie games are terrible.

The other one? Aladdin, of course.

this is a great game and i remember when i finished it. i was really disapointed with the 'ending' but happy i was able to complete it. also in the review it is said that Nala is Simba mother which is wrong. Nala is Simba love interest and his mothers name was Sarabi.

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Yeah the snes version had special music with kind of voice camples in it does that make that version better or not,a bit more jungle kind of music every level you hear the semi chorus like a kind of human core,dont know how to explain but the music sounds like coming with Hmm and kind of voice samples in the background to make it a bit more into nature so the sound on snes is better.the game overal should be the same i think,but the game is great,and with the ending same as alien soldier eyh fun and you keep expecting more and then you get the uglyest ending ever made,and still hate those bring fabrik levels in alien soldier and the dark and boring looking ones.

I completed the gamegear version great game you get a picture of simba in the end.

From the creators of Cool Spot and Aladdin, huh? I've gotta try it now even though I don't like the source material that much.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

This was a pretty fun game. A nice time waster.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus21
    this is a great game and i remember when i finished it. i was really disapointed with the 'ending' but happy i was able to complete it. also in the review it is said that Nala is Simba mother which is wrong. Nala is Simba love interest and his mothers name was Sarabi.
    Yeah, I used to make that mistake all the damn time myself.

Which version do you guys like most the snes one or megadive for so far youve played.

I can't remember if I played the Genesis or SNES version, but I remember having no end of trouble in the Hakuna Matata level with those damn apes smacking me around. I never managed to make it past that level. And the second level was a bitch, as well, but I was able to get through it.
    [ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]

Mega Drive, er....Genesis, but only because that's the only one I finished. Only time I spent time in the SNES version was at a demo kiosk at a then-new Best Buy.

It certainly is one of the best games on the Genesis, but I would have given it a bit lower score based on the trial and error parts (you know, the ones that have a 1up after you lose, no matter how many times you lose, wich means the developers knew that those parts would take many tries to complete) and the difficulty.

Haven't been able to finish it, tough.

Great game lets keep it that i give it a 8 cause i can name ways more genesis titles that really deserve a 9 and not lion king tought its a reat one,the ape level level 2 yes i remember if you did somethin wrong the apes trow you right into the water.

Compared too the SNES version, the Genesis' music and FX sound near Playstation-like. Roars, smacks, and grunts sound like they should.
    Is this a joke? Having played and beaten both versions (SNES and Mega Drive) I can tell you that the SNES version is superior noth in terms of graphics as in music. The Genesis' version of Toy Story is better than the SNES version though.

Thread Information