Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Disney's The Lion King

Master of Shinobi ary incorparated's Avatar

Yess thats what i tought graphics cant really tell cause genesis version has fluider animation but the music on snes gave the jungle feel al the way and the sound FX of the snes version was indeed nicer then its genesis counterpart which wasnt bad at al also great but i prefer the snes version above the genesis one to.Toy story genesis version above snes i can live in that cause it had the cool race track in it and graphics in the game overal bit the same only somthimes noticable i bit more colourless,like the stage with the truck in the background the street lookes all F...cked up then on the genesis bit ack of colour but stil great.

Oh c'mon, this game has too many frustrating parts to deserve such a high grade. After playing it through recently, remembering it as one of my favourites as a kid, I was really disappointed in it. The second level is tedious throughout, and the hit detection is messed up in the ostrich ride. The level with the gorilla boss is even worse, and when you get to the end levels simba plays stiffer than joe musashi in RoS.

revenge of shinbi yess hes very stiff in that game,i remember the water level leven 8 or something,when you think you can jump and some ninja fool hits you while you tought he dissapeared,yes terrible i almost broke my controler on that part,i kept hating while he made that unike jump backwards into the water.still overall difficult but great.Yess lion king is good but more an average game a game that dissapears in the addic by the time.

Haha, remember that level of Revenge of Shinobi. Got without major problem to that point, then the lives ran away with those ninjas who jumped up from the water and threw ninja stars at you. Soon all my continues were lost and I was very pissed. Maybe I should try it again?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

hehehe the same feeling as i had i was pised too,how can it be and how unusual it was for the ninja to fal back into the water,but that stuf happense Hopefully you dont play to much that youlle see a bird for a ninja star and make the strange Backward Jump into the see.By the time its a fun game i tought i could finnish it,cause i saw Ben shinobi play it but im stil trying.

Megadrive Gamer Sports Talker HolyBloody16Bitter's Avatar

A 9, Holy Crap shitted review. Come on, this game deserves a 8 on a Megadrive. The SNES version is better, the sounds are better on that machine with this game. The game is good on the Megadrive, but a 9 is too way fanboy based.

Sports Talker

Great Music

I loved the music and visuals of this one. I used to rent it allot as a kid. The "I cant wait to be King" level confused the heck out of me.

Outrunner

Having played this again, I can say the difficulty ramps up very quickly.

Level 1 (The Pride Lands) starts of okay nothing to changeling.
    Level 2 (Can't Wait to be King) has some frustrating at parts.
    Level 4 (the Stampede) is very frustrating and takes alot of patience
    Level 6 (Hakuna Matata) Despite the frustrating boss this is the last bit of the game that were I had fun.

After Level 6 the game takes the kid gloves off, you are no longer young Simba, you no long can simply jump enemies, instead you have to use a attack and it take some skill to get Simba to anything other then standing there exchange blows.

There is a level select cheat (->,A, A, B, <start>) that you enter in the options screen, that is the only way you are going to be able to see the second half of this game.

I don't know why they made this game so difficult.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

I have never been able to beat this game - Scar always mauls me at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

I remember reading somewhere that you literally have to swipe Scar over 200 times to defeat him. WTF?

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Melf
    I remember reading somewhere that you literally have to swipe Scar over 200 times to defeat him. WTF?
    Nope, you toss him over the side of the cliff after he starts laughing.

The platforming in this game is horribly bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy
    There is a level select cheat (->,A, A, B, <start>) that you enter in the options screen, that is the only way you are going to be able to see the second half of this game.

I don't know why they made this game so difficult.
    I don't recall it being so challenging having rented and beaten it as a kid. I tried to play the game today and skip to the later levels to see what all the fuss is about, but I can't get that level select code to work. Could you elaborate on that code? I tried it with the cursor highlighting the options screen and while in the options screen, but neither worked.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    I don't recall it being so challenging having rented and beaten it as a kid. I tried to play the game today and skip to the later levels to see what all the fuss is about, but I can't get that level select code to work.
    Show off

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    Could you elaborate on that code? I tried it with the cursor highlighting the options screen and while in the options screen, but neither worked.
    Go into the options screen, you should be highlighting difficulty. Then push right, then A, then A again, then B, finally start. If you want to change difficulty (since it will change by entering the code) re-enter options after you have selected the starting level.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy
    Nope, you toss him over the side of the cliff after he starts laughing.
    After he starts panting. You know, Scar may take about 200 swipes all three encounters total, but that isn't much at all. I just played through the adult Simba stages. Really, this isn't that difficult. The game controls perfectly, and the only part that gave me trouble were the rolling boulders and that hyena cave maze. I cheated with GameFAQs to see the route, and that was that. Scar is among the easiest bosses I've encountered -- the challenge is really just the between fight platforming bits, and even those aren't really difficult.

I'd say as for tips:

1) Whenever you can, land on top an enemy for the maul attack. This is useful when the game has you landing on a platform below with an enemy on it.
    2) Games with simple attacks = success is to button mash. Crouching swipes works well, and note that the paw swipes extend furthing than you'd think. You don't need to get really close to the hyenas at all to be effective.
    3) Parts which require you taking on multiple enemies as once typically have a portion of the map better suited for the battle. Also, you're not on a time limit, and while you want to kill the enemy quickly, you also don't need to rush in to a group (especially on Be Prepared, where most time spent is just seeing where the lava dips land).
    3) If you have trouble with the platform bits, note that Simba grabs with his paws. Those tiny ledge "hooks" need to hit around his paw to grab. Typically, you can advance simply by hitting the jump button at the ends of the swing cycle. Unless you're changing direction mid-leap, using the D-pad to control will more often than not just oversteer Simba into a pit below.

Thread Information