Quantcast

Page 127 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1912

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

NFL Quarterback Club 96 (Genesis/MD)

RZBT-A6W2
    Allows the game to run on Gens emulator. May also work if you can't get the game to run on a flashcart.

==========

Have started working on codes for Batman Returns. Will post when I get a few more done.

Batman Returns (Genesis/MD)

AJ4T-AA8W
    Pickup items from anywhere (when you walk under them).

AJ4T-AA8W +
    AJ4T-AA68
    Pickup items from anywhere, no matter where they are on the screen.

AKRT-CA4G
    Hit enemies from anywhere (unless they're hiding in something like a barrel). Works with fist, Baterang, etc.

AKRT-CA4G +
    AKTT-CA42
    Hit enemies from anywhere, even if they're hiding in something like a barrel. Works with fist, Baterang, etc.

RE9A-A60A +
    RGET-A6T8
    Infinite use of all weapons on your belt (Baterangs, Smoke Bombs, Bat Swarms, Grappling Guns, and Homing Baterangs). If you run out of a weapon, go back into the belt screen (press Start) and select that weapon and you will now have 55 of them.

Nice! Especially only needing 2 codes for all weapons sounds great - right now I'm using individual codes for each weapon. Will do a quick run through the game with all the new codes today

Edit: Did some quick testing, but I can't seem to get the weapons codes to work - for me it only works on the normal batarangs. I tried selecting the other weapons before running out, but I'd still run out. The other codes are working great so far, but the game is too boring for multiple playthroughs. So I thought I'd hold off a bit to get more info on the weapons codes first
    Last edited by GelmiR; 07-13-2019 at 03:10 AM.

I may need to change the description of the weapons code. When you run out of a weapon, you have to go back to the belt screen and re-select that weapon.

Hey Tony,
    I tried that, but if I run out - the weapon is no longer in the belt for me to select...

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    Hey Tony,
    I tried that, but if I run out - the weapon is no longer in the belt for me to select...
    Even though the weapon isn't visible when you first go to the weapon screen, when you start to scroll through the weapons, it should appear and be selectable. I'll take a look at it when I get home.

I'm such a dumbass, I had a G in one of the codes instead of a 9.... sorry for wasting your time, DOH...!! Will do a playthrough with all codes either this evening or tomorrow morning and will get back to you
    Edit: Nope, still not working for me. I don't get it if I'm doing anything wrong... thanks in advance for looking into it, sounds like a great combo code.
    Last edited by GelmiR; 07-13-2019 at 01:29 PM.

I copied and pasted the 2 codes from above for the "Infinite use of all weapons" code into my emulator. Seems to work fine for me, but let me give an exact description so there's no confusion...

RE9A-A60A +
    RGET-A6T8
    Infinite use of all weapons. If you run out of ammo for a weapon, press Start to go to the weapon screen, then use the directional pad to highlight the empty weapon slot and press Start again. You will now have 55 of that weapon. When you go to the weapon screen, any weapons that you have zero ammo for won't show up on your weapon belt. However, once you use the directional pad to start scrolling thru the weapons, any blank spots (for weapons with zero ammo) will automatically show up and will be selectable.

Hope this solves the problem. If not, I'll see if I can figure something else out.

EDIT: I doubt this will make any difference, but try this alternate code for the second of the two codes (use both of the codes below)...

RE9A-A60A + (this code is the same)
    AWET-AA24 (this code is different)
    Last edited by Tony H; 07-13-2019 at 09:09 PM.

I'm pretty sure I've figured out a better code for weapons. Didn't have much time to test, so let me know. This only requires one code, and it is truly an infinite weapon/ammo code, so there's no need to go to the weapon screen every time you run out of ammo. The only minor draw back is that the amount of ammo shown can sometimes increase, although this doesn't seem to cause any problems at all.

Batman Returns

GGET-BET4
    Infinite ammo for all weapons (Baterangs, Smoke Bombs, Bat Swarms, Grappling Gun, and Homing Baterangs).
    Last edited by Tony H; 07-13-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Hey Tony,

I tried the codes for the weapons again, RE9A-A60A + RGET-A6T8 as well as RE9A-A60A + AWET-AA24, but they are not working for me. Maybe we have different rom versions? Mine is from October. If a weapon runs out, there simply isn't an icon to select on the belt. I can keep pressing right, but the area is completely blank for me and I can't select beyond weapons I have. It only works on "normal" batarangs for me, which it will fill up automatically to 55 without having to press start/pause.

As for the other codes, it turns out that the "pick up from anywhere" codes have some interesting side-effects. They double as hit anywhere codes, but the enemies are given the same privilege, also hitting the player from anywhere. Also sometimes the player stands/walks on air after getting hit. At first I thought it was the hit anywhere codes that caused all this, but no, it was the pick up from anywhere codes.

And now the good news The hit anywhere codes work like a charm. Catwoman is a little finicky in the first level, but other than that it works on all enemies and bosses in the game.

And that one single code for all weapons? Instead of having to use 5 codes (individual for each weapon)? That is awesome Tested throughout the entire game for all weapons, works great Thanks..!!

Still don't know why the original 2 part weapon code didn't work for you. Since we have a much better code anyways, I'm not going to add the old one to the site and just stick with the new replacement code.

I will also leave the "Pickup items from anywhere" code off the site as well. I've run into games like that before where the pickup items routine is tied into the enemies routine for hitting you. I probably didn't notice that side effect because I more than likely had an invincibility code active.

I will also note in the code description that the hit anywhere codes also work on bosses.

Thanks again for your frickin awesome code testing!
    Last edited by Tony H; 07-14-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Hey Tony,

No clue either why it didn't work for me... I don't think there's different rom versions?

Ah the invincibility code was probably it, then. I had infinite life on, so I got hit. Like, a lot I remember I had infinite life while playing as a Raptor in Jurassic Park Rampage Edition, and hitting the final boss (also a raptor) like, forever. I was just a stupid kid, but eventually I figured out the code also applied to the raptor boss, doh

You're welcome!

Cool Spot (Genesis)

G5RA-2A3T
    Hit enemies from anywhere.

Note: This is not from the "list".

Chuck Rock 2: Son of Chuck (E) (Genesis/MD)

RGLT-E6VA
    Hit enemies from anywhere (as long as they are anywhere in front of or behind you). Does not work when they are very far above or below you.

RGLT-E6VN
    Hit enemies from anywhere (when they are below you).

==========

I have a code that lets you hit enemies from anywhere, but it causes problems with that giant enemy that walks by near the start of the game. The two codes above seem to be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Chuck Rock 2: Son of Chuck (E) (Genesis/MD)

RGLT-E6VA
    Hit enemies from anywhere (as long as they are anywhere in front of or behind you). Does not work when they are very far above or below you.

RGLT-E6VN
    Hit enemies from anywhere (when they are below you).

==========

I have a code that lets you hit enemies from anywhere, but it causes problems with that giant enemy that walks by near the start of the game. The two codes above seem to be ok.
    Nice, I'll try to do a playthrough with them this weekend

Thread Information