Quantcast

Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132
Results 1,966 to 1,974 of 1974

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

I think I've got it figured out. Here is a test code to see if this is one of the songs that you want.

Puggsy (Genesis) (US)

M22A-JCCT
    Changes the music for the start of level 1 (The Beach) from song number 53, to song number 5E.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for and will see if I can find the exact codes you want.

The ROM address for that code is $043050. If you look at the values there with a hex editor, you might be able to figure out which area you're looking for. If not, I'll try to figure out the codes you want tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's another test code.

JT2A-JCCT
    Plays unused track #44 at the beginning of level 1 (The Beach).

EDIT2: If you convert the Game Genie code to raw hex, you can easily see what values I used for the songs, and then insert your own values for different songs. There are a total of 3 sequential addresses with a value of 0153 (the normal "Beach" track), so I'm guessing that song is used a few times in the Beach level, but will need to test to find out for sure.

EDIT3: Just remembered that the programing is adding 1 to the track number, so the track values I used for the codes might be off by 1. Will check on that tomorrow, or you can try using different values.
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-30-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    I think I've got it figured out. Here is a test code to see if this is one of the songs that you want.

Puggsy (Genesis) (US)

M22A-JCCT
    Changes the music for the start of level 1 (The Beach) from song number 53, to song number 5E.

Let me know if that's what you're looking for and will see if I can find the exact codes you want.

The ROM address for that code is $043050. If you look at the values there with a hex editor, you might be able to figure out which area you're looking for. If not, I'll try to figure out the codes you want tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's another test code.

JT2A-JCCT
    Plays unused track #44 at the beginning of level 1 (The Beach).

EDIT2: If you convert the Game Genie code to raw hex, you can easily see what values I used for the songs, and then insert your own values for different songs. There are a total of 3 sequential addresses with a value of 0153 (the normal "Beach" track), so I'm guessing that song is used a few times in the Beach level, but will need to test to find out for sure.

EDIT3: Just remembered that the programing is adding 1 to the track number, so the track values I used for the codes might be off by 1. Will check on that tomorrow, or you can try using different values.
    Gave your codes a go and this is exactly what I was needing in fact your codes may be even better than I'd hoped as it seems like I can get every song to play on the first beach level which would make things even easier, I'll test this further and see what happens.

Edit: I've been screwing around with custom codes and so far I've got most of what I'm needing, I did also have to change the area to get at least one track to sound right and I'll have to do at least 2 more maybe 3 (if you've ever played Fire Heart level 2 on original hardware you'll notice an audio glitch of sorts near the beginning of the track, same kind of situation applies here I have to switch areas to avoid such glitches from happening but otherwise everything else is good).
    Last edited by Superrayman3; 10-31-2019 at 03:47 AM.

Kind of a neat code...

Sonic Spinball (US version) Genesis/MD

ZMPA-5DH0
    Pressing Down on the directional pad will reverse gravity and cause Sonic to start moving upward. Release Down to return to normal game play. Sonic will only start to move upwards when he is already in motion (he will not move upwards when he is standing still).

Xeno Crisis (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

ADLA-JA2J
    1 hit kills bosses.

AETA-HA3T +
    AJTA-GA3W
    Only 1 enemy in each room.

ANTA-HA3T +
    AJTA-GA3W
    Only 3 enemies in each room.

AJ1A-GA30
    Killing only a few enemies lets you proceed to the next room. You sometimes only have to kill 1 enemy to proceed.

8B7A-BE5E
    Invincibility lasts twice as long after getting hit (Hard difficulty only).

REWT-A6XG
    Invincibility once you're hit, for the rest of the level (non flashing).

RFKT-T600
    Items don't disappear (ammo, dog tags, etc).

266A-V64A
    Can buy anything in the shop for free, even if you don't have enough dog tags. This code also allows you to buy as many Continues as you want (the normal limit is 3). Note: If it's not letting you buy a Continue, buy another item first which will greatly increase the number of dog tags you have.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Sonic Spinball (US version) Genesis/MD

AERA-7A3G +
    RERA-66VJ
    Enable Multi-Ball bonus level when you collect just 1 ring. Once you collect your first ring, enter the circle of stars that appears, and you will be taken to the Multi-Ball bonus game.

RERA-66VW
    Multi-Ball bonus level is enabled every time you collect a ring. This allows you to play the Multi-Ball bonus game several times per level. Once you collect a ring, enter the circle of stars that appears, and you will be taken to the Multi-Ball bonus game.

CDRA-4A7N
    Walk Left when you first start level 1 and you will be taken to the upper area of the level. You normally can't walk left when you start the level.

The gamehacking Sega CD codes don't work on the Mega SD (particularly Soul Star invincibility)

The XenoCrisis Game Genie codes cause the game to crash with "illegal instruction" using a real cartridge with a real Game Genie once gameplay starts. I put in the following codes:
    AETA-HA3T +
    AJTA-GA3W

ADLA-JA2J
    1 hit kills bosses.

266A-V64A
    Can buy anything in the shop for free, even if you don't have enough dog tags.

I had these codes all on at once in that order, if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    The gamehacking Sega CD codes don't work on the Mega SD (particularly Soul Star invincibility)

The XenoCrisis Game Genie codes cause the game to crash with "illegal instruction" using a real cartridge with a real Game Genie once gameplay starts. I put in the following codes:
    AETA-HA3T +
    AJTA-GA3W

ADLA-JA2J
    1 hit kills bosses.

266A-V64A
    Can buy anything in the shop for free, even if you don't have enough dog tags.

I had these codes all on at once in that order, if that makes a difference.
    I'm wondering if there are different versions of Xeno Crisis? The codes worked fine on Gens emulator.

As far as the Mega SD, word on the street is that the guy in charge of it is thinking of adding better RAM code support, which will be fantastic news if it happens. If it does, I'm sure there will be several of us that will be making codes that will work on Mega SD.

EDIT: With Xeno Crisis, you can try using one code at a time and see if you can narrow it down to just one code causing the problem.

Xeno Crisis (Genesis/MD) Game Genie

ECAA-GAHC
    Access Cheat Menu by selecting "Options" and pressing C. To exit the Cheat Menu, select "Back" and press A. You can access the regular Option Menu by selecting "Options" and pressing A. The Cheat Menu has: Level Select, Infinite Health, Inf Continues, Inf Ammo, Inf Grenades, Inf Dog Tags (money), Credits, and Seed.

EDIT:

CCAA-GAHR
    Access Backer Menu by selecting "Options" and pressing B. To exit the Backer menu, select "Back" and press A. You can access the regular Option Menu by selecting "Options" and pressing A.

==========

NOTE: Can use both of the Cheat and Backer menu codes at the same time (press A for Options, press B for Backer Menu, or press C for Cheat Menu.
    Last edited by Tony H; 11-18-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Joe Redifer, if you can, take a picture (or screen shot?) of the illegal instruction screen and post it here. Might help to figure out what's wrong. Preferably with just one code active.

Thread Information