Quantcast

Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1974

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Does anyone know what type of codes the Mega SD supports? I've done some reading about it, but hard to find consistent answers. It sounds like it does support RAM type codes (that begin with "FF"), but I'm not sure if it supports ROM type codes. If it does support ROM codes, what format do they need to be in? Also, what format do the RAM codes need to be in? Maybe there's some kind of official document that has this info?

We have a ton of Sega CD codes/hacks at GameHacking dot org, but since there wasn't any kind of standard format for ROM type codes, we just stickied a couple of threads with all of the codes/hacks in them...

https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...a-cd-iso-hacks

https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...-hacks-patches

The site also has RAM codes for several Sega CD games (these will probably work with Mega SD): https://gamehacking.org/system/scd

I've made several Sega CD codes, but I think all of them have been assembly (ROM) type codes and not RAM type codes: https://codehut.gshi.org/SegaCDhacks.txt

Also wrote a guide on hacking Sonic CD: https://codehut.gshi.org/SonicCDhack.txt
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-05-2019 at 12:22 AM.

The best answer I can give is this video frame of me entering a cheat code for Sonic CD. I think this is "always have 1 ring" or something like that. It worked, though the title screen was messed up. As you can see it's Game Genie-style on the left, and PAR (I guess???) on the right.

EDIT: I tried the codes for Batman Returns from Gamehacking.org. One set of codes were too long, having more digits for some reason. The other codes fit into the allotted space on the PAR (??) side, but did not work.
    Last edited by Joe Redifer; 10-05-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Joe, thanks for that screen shot, it helps a lot. If you don't mind, I'd like to have you test a few codes so I can figure out a couple things. I need to know if it supports ROM type codes, and I need to know which type of RAM code it uses.

The code you have listed above should set your number of rings to zero. If you set the value to something like 0003 (FF1513:0003), does it make it so that you always have 3 rings? If it does, that will tell me what type of RAM code it uses. If it doesn't, try this code and see if it gives you 3 rings: FF1512:0003.

For the ROM code testing, can you get the game/ROM: RDF - Global Conflict (USA)? If you can get it, try these codes and see if they work. I'll put them in Game Genie and raw format...

AD1T-CA5C = 1 hit kills enemies. (raw code= 01EF62:6000).

RHXT-C6TA = Infinite fuel. (raw code = 01E700:4E71).

If those codes work, that will be frickin awesome. From my limited understanding of how the Sega CD works, I think it uses something like the NES where there can be multiple "banks" used during the game, and it can switch between these while playing. Because of this, a single ROM type code may work in one section of the game, but not in another. If I remember correctly, RDF - Global Assault didn't seem to switch banks with those codes, so I'm hoping they will work. Let me know what happens.

P.S. Sonic CD switches banks a LOT, so ROM type codes for that game may be problematic.

EDIT: If those 2 ROM codes for RDF - Global Conflict don't work, try resetting the game with them active.

I have code ideas to improve Shadow of the Beast II, can you help me?

-The Mega Drive version has a weird border that cover almost half of the screen (WTF) they probably planned to put the HUD and text in this border... Can you make a code to simply disable this border?

-This version strangely dont change the background in the indoor areas except in the final battle... Can you make a code to at least complety disable Background B in the indoor areas? I could send you some save states to help to get in those areas.

-I searched in the ROM and like the AMIGA version, has mention to the "Ten Pints" code and even has "CHEAT MODE NOW ACTIVE" text, can you find and make code to active this mode?

EDIT:
    -A code to make the game resolution h40 (320x224) instead of the h32 (256x224).

Thanks Tony!!!
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 10-06-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

LinkueiBR, will take a look at that when I get some time. Some of that sounds interesting.

Robocop 3 (Genesis/MD)

LVRT-AA40 +
    KVRA-AA7A
    Invincibility. Protects you from everything except long falls.

Quote Originally Posted by LinkueiBR View Post
    I have code ideas to improve Shadow of the Beast II, can you help me?

-I searched in the ROM and like the AMIGA version, has mention to the "Ten Pints" code and even has "CHEAT MODE NOW ACTIVE" text, can you find and make code to active this mode?

Thanks Tony!!!
    This is the best I can do for now. This code shows the actual "Cheat Mode Now Active" text (along with other text), but I couldn't figure out how to actually activate the cheat, and I'm not even sure if it's possible. However, I read somewhere that the way the cheat works on the Amiga game was that if your health gets to zero, it just refills and you don't die. I've done exactly that with the code below. Your health refills when it reaches zero, and you will eventually become invincible (you can walk thru enemies and enemy fire without "touching" them). Again, this is probably not the real built-in cheat mode, but should be pretty close.

Shadow of the Beast II (Genesis/MD)

DCPT-4PRC +
    A3YA-NA8N
    Start a new game and walk Right until you get close to the first enemy and the text window opens. The text window will say "CHEAT MODE NOW ACTIVE" (with lots of other text). When your health reaches zero, it will refill and you will eventually become invincible.

EDIT: Doubtful that I'll be able to figure out the other requests in your post.

If you set the value to something like 0003 (FF1513:0003), does it make it so that you always have 3 rings?
    This makes it so I always have 3 rings.

try this code and see if it gives you 3 rings: FF1512:0003
    This makes it so I always have 768 rings.

Unfortunately the codes for RDF Global Conflict did not work even when I reset.

Joe, away on vacation, but will work on some Sega CD codes when I get back. Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-17-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Yes! Invincibility for Soul Star would make me very happy.
    Will work on that in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Yes! Invincibility for Soul Star would make me very happy.
    Here is an invincibility code/ips file for Soul Star... https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/vid...0691#post70691

Sonic Spinball (USA) (Genesis/MD)

AERA-7A3G +
    RERA-66VJ
    Enable Multi-Ball bonus level when you collect just 1 ring. Once you collect your
    first ring, enter the circle of stars that appears, and you will be taken to the
    Multi-Ball bonus game.

RERA-66VW
    Multi-Ball bonus level is enabled every time you collect a ring. This allows you to
    play the Multi-Ball bonus game several times per level. Once you collect a ring,
    enter the circle of stars that appears, and you will be taken to the Multi-Ball
    bonus game.

CDRA-4A7N
    Walk Left when you first start level 1 and you will be taken to the upper area of
    the level. You normally can't walk left when you start the level.

Nameless One

I need help once again, turns out my Puggsy code does something to one of the channels on the FM2612 (still not sure what) which puts me back at square 1, however I got to thinking instead of pausing the game to let the music play why not just swap out one track for another and I was successful at changing it on the RAM level, however I don't know how to convert the values into something that I can use at the ROM level, to further complicate the matter, turns out a certain number of tracks can only be accessed depending on which level you're on, thankfully I'm only going to be using 3 places and already have everything needed including a screenshot using the RAM editor on exodus, I only need 7 tracks, I can record everything else, so if anybody could make a set of game genie codes to change the music for certain areas to others I'd really appreciate it.

Here's the screenshot (the bit outlined in black is the value that needs to be changed also apologies about the link I couldn't figure out how to get the upload image feature to work right):

https://i.imgur.com/KyZTSYO.png

And here are the values:

Beach Area:

44 UNUSED TRACK (segues to extra ending)
    67 HALITOSIS THE DRAGON

Cove Area:

1D POLY PIRATE
    31 FLOUR POWER
    44 SO PHARAOH SO GOOD
    5E THE EMPEROR'S OLD CLOTHES

Lighthouse area
    45 IF LOOKS COULD KILL

Superrayman, what is the RAM address that you have?

EDIT: There are 2 addresses outlined: FFFAE7 and FFFB4C.
    Last edited by Tony H; 10-30-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
    Superrayman, what are the RAM addresses that you have?
    They're all at the same spot in RAM, FAE7 the image I posted has the exact RAM address to change, the area outlined in black is the only one that needs to be changed in any situation for my purposes and the values posted above are where each track starts and in what level (so for example when playing in the beach area if I change the original value to 67 in RAM as listed above it would switch the beach theme out for the one used in the Halitosis the Dragon boss fight instead).

Thread Information