Quantcast

Page 128 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1961

Thread: Official New Game Genie Code Thread

Was able to finish Chuck Rock 2 with the codes, no adverse effects The codes appear to work on most enemies and some of the bosses. I don't always see the logic why something will or will not work. But that's mostly my curiosity, it isn't bothersome during gameplay. Some notes:

- I've frequently seen enemies that need 2 hits die with a single hit.
    - Not sure it works on the 1st boss, window in which you can hit him is too small for me to figure out.
    - Octopus (3rd boss) spits krabs or fish at you, which you need to bounce back to him. These little guys count as enemies as well, so you still need to time your hits.
    - I don't think it works on all bosses, the effects on them vary as they probably all work differently.
    - Some enemies you can only hit when jumping and hitting (anywhere). Makes sense, as this applies to birds and flies - which I think can only be beaten by doing this anyway.
    - Sometimes it seems the codes only start to work after having killed a specific enemy for the first time.

Again no problems, just some notes on stuff in encountered. Thanks for the codes!

Thank you for the testing and notes GelmiR. Will add those codes to the sites.

I do have a question... what is the purpose of the A button where you climb up your club? Is it just to get away from enemies, or does it have other uses?

You're welcome, Tony Yes it has other uses, in some levels there are small animals you can ride. You use the A button to climb/ride the animal.
    You can see one here: https://youtu.be/hNxT2XGcfec at 9:56

Thanks for the info. Was thinking of making some codes to change/modify how that works, but will probably be too problematic.

Well, there's only a few instances where it's used (I think), so yeah that might not be worth it

Mickey Mania - The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (E) (Genesis/MD)

NOTE: These codes were made with the European ROM, but should also work on the USA version.

9VBT-BGRN +
    BFBT-AWGR
    Always have 99 marbles, even at the very beginning of the game. When you first start the game, you won't have any marbles, but just press the attack button (B) and 99 marbles will appear.

CK9A-AA8W
    Hit enemies from anywhere (with marbles).

C38A-AA3R
    Invincibility from most hazards. Will not protect you from the notes at the beginning of the game, when the large cat spits at you, etc.

C38A-AA3R +
    AB8T-AA9N
    Invincibility from almost everything.

Nice I'm a little low on time at the moment, but will test them in the next couple of days and get back to you.

Did a (very) quick run through Mickey Mania using the codes.

Always have marbles and hit from anywhere (with marbles) work great in most levels. There are a few levels in which things are handled differently:
    - Mad Doctor mine cart section
    - Mad Doctor tower scene
    - Prince and the Pauper tower scene

I didn't think to check the marbles in the mine cart section, but they don't work in the tower sections. Same applies for the health codes. It's always been that way, those sections require different codes.

As for the health codes, they don't work in the mine cart and tower parts. There are also some other parts where they don't work, namely under water (section in Lonesome Ghosts and a small part in Prince and the Pauper, and the spike thingies at the end Boss pete still hurt.
    There's a bit of an issue with C38A-AA3R though; you can't interact with certain things, like the bottle at the very beginning, and the bells that need ringing, and you can't jump on enemies.

As always, thanks for the codes!

Didn't even notice the problems with the invincibility codes, so will probably just forget about those. Will do a little work on the marble codes and add them to the site. Glad you found all the problems with these. Thanks.

Just an FYI in case you didn't know... most or maybe all of the codes for the US version from the site may work on the European version. I only tested a couple and they worked fine.

Yeah the marble codes are awesome, and you're welcome! I guess I've known about codes for the EU and US versions at some point; I just checked the codes I'm using and compared them to Gamehacking. All the ones I'm using are listed under the US version. Sorry if you would have wanted to know this beforehand, I forgot...! There may be others on my list where the same applied back when I started collecting codes for the games I like.

One of my favorite games on the Genesis...

Flashback (Genesis) Game Genie

AB6A-AA7N
    Enemies don't see you (and won't shoot at you). Some enemies will start shooting at you once you pull your gun or start shooting at them.

BA5A-AA8W
    Enemies can't shoot you while you're squatting down. They can't squat down to shoot, so will keep missing you. May not work on all enemies.

RF8A-A6Y0 +
    AV8A-AA48
    Can climb almost anywhere and as high as you want, even if nothing is above you. When you stop climbing, you will fall once you start walking unless you press A + Right or Left to jump across, or use the "Walk on air" code (RZ8A-A6WE). If you use the walk on air code, you'll need to turn if off to drop down. Can die if you drop too far (there's a code to fix that). This code is best used for exploring (lots of fun when used with the "Walk thru walls" code). Game may give you an error screen or you may die if you climb into an area that you're not supposed to. Code will not work everywhere.

I've tried and tried to get into this game, as I absolutely love Another World - but I don't think I ever even finished the first level. It looks and controls nice enough, I think it's just not for me. I don't know enough of the game to properly test these, hope someone else who loves it will come along

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    I've tried and tried to get into this game, as I absolutely love Another World - but I don't think I ever even finished the first level. It looks and controls nice enough, I think it's just not for me. I don't know enough of the game to properly test these, hope someone else who loves it will come along
    That's funny because I feel the same way about Another World as you feel about Flashback. lol. To each his own.

I've started working on new codes from your list (Jurassic Park). Will hopefully have them done in a few days.

LOL yeah that is pretty funny Oh well, maybe some day.

As for Jurassic Park, awesome! I've just been replaying it in the last 2 days, look forward to see what you come up with

GelmiR, I need some help with a couple codes for jumping (for Jurassic Park). I've got the codes made, but not sure which value to use to determine how high to jump. If you jump too high, Grant will take damage when he lands. I've got the value set so that he won't take damage when he lands from a jump, but he will take damage if you jump off of a platform/ledge and land on the ground at the lower level.

What I need to know is if the jump height needs to be higher, lower, or is it ok where it's at, or maybe make two sets of codes with a higher jump and a much higher jump. I can make a code to prevent the minor damage he takes if a higher jump height is needed, but if the jump height gets too high, it can cause Grant to fall off the screen which causes problems. Also, I noticed there is a ton of platform jumping on the first level, and don't know if the jump codes I have work well with the platform jumping/timing.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give.

Jurassic Park (E) Genesis/MD

3MRV-H97L
    Jump higher when standing still (only tested on Grant).

3MTV-H928
    Jump higher when running (only tested on Grant).

EDIT: I can change the jump height in pretty small increments. The normal value used for jump height is 218, and the value I used in the codes is 202 (I've converted them from hex to regular decimal numbers). The lower the number, the higher you jump.
    Last edited by Tony H; 09-17-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Thread Information