Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official List of American NTSC/U.S. released Sega CD titles...

Quote Originally Posted by jerry coeurl View Post
    Do we really need two threads for this? What was wrong with the other one?
    Exactly. We don't need two threads on exactly the same topic, on the exact same page. The other thread was made first, and this should have been posted there. Any corrections to the initial list could have been added in.

Thus, I'm merging the two threads.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai'tan View Post
    UNRELEASED SEGA CD TITLES THAT WE THOUGHT WOULD BE (and still can!):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Battle Frenzy (Core) (WAS released as "Battlecorps")
    Braindead 13 (Readysoft)
    Citizen X (Digital Pictures)
    Clue
    Crime Patrol 2: Drug Wars (American Laser Games)
    Dai Bing
    Dark Seed (Vic Tokai)
    Dragon's Lair 2 (Readysoft)
    Exterminators (Sony Imagesoft)
    Flying Nightmares (Domark)
    Myst (Broderbund)
    No Escape (Sony Imagesoft)
    Penn & Teller's Smoke and Mirrors (Accolade)
    Power Drift
    Prince VVCR (Sega) ("Prince", as in "SymbolMan")
    Side Pocket (Data East)
    Space Pirates (American Laser Games)
    Young Indiana Jones (Sega)
    Not to hijack the thread, but here's an interesting post at Digital Press about this list. Funny how many of these ended up on the 3DO, CD-i, etc.

Besides Good Deal Games's stuff, what other unreleased titles have surfaced since this list was made? Is there a good thread about that already? If so I wasn't able to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but here's an interesting post at Digital Press about this list. Funny how many of these ended up on the 3DO, CD-i, etc.

Besides Good Deal Games's stuff, what other unreleased titles have surfaced since this list was made? Is there a good thread about that already? If so I wasn't able to find it...
    I wouldn't consider it hijacking at all and thanks for the link. I knew that some of those games that were scheduled to be released for sega cd but never came out at some point were released for 3DO.

there's some gameplay screenshots and adverts of several of those games in various booklets or poster inserts that came in certain sega cd games.
    Embodiment of paradox and chaos, destroyer of reason and logic, breaker of balance, the unmaker of order, and the opponent of the Creator.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Fortunately I just got a 3DO so I'll be able to try a few of them out. And yeah, some of those screenshots are pretty tantalizing.

BTW the above list doesn't mention Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, which I think is totally different from YIJ (right?). The review here looks very intriguing, though maybe it's all just screenshots from the PC version.

Also, Dark Seed was released in Japan by Vic Tokai -- right? Or are there two different games with the same title (I've seen it as "Darkseed")?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Exactly. We don't need two threads on exactly the same topic, on the exact same page. The other thread was made first, and this should have been posted there. Any corrections to the initial list could have been added in.

Thus, I'm merging the two threads.
    Thanks Melf

Sports Talker

I find the list to be helpful. I did a list myself which is clearly wrong because I was convinced that Sega released Drug Wars and Space Pirates. Thanks for setting me straight on this. tlh By the way, I am happy to make good on my offer of $200 US if a forum member wants to sell me their CIB Championship Soccer. tlh

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Oh wow, Championship Soccer was a US release of Sensible Soccer. Interesting, didn't know that until now. I only knew of the World Cup '94 game that DID come out. So it does exist.... Hmm. Funny that some of the rarest US Sega games are Soccer ones (ie US Worldwide Soccer '98.)

Also, it was Absolute that was going to publish Penn and Tellers, not Accolade. Absolute went bankrupt while it wa getting finished, and Accolade went tits up in 1999.

Dark Seed (and its sequel) where also released on Japanese Sega Saturn, but I believe are unplayable for non-Japanese audiences unless you know Japanese.

PS: There was no excuse why Power Drift didn't come out. Yes it didn't, but After Burner 3 was a port of Strike Fighter which was a Sega Y-board game, and it ended up not too bad at all! Game was ass regardless, but a decent port considering. Rumored to be finished but unreleased - same rumor with Flying Nightmares,

Also, Exterminators is the same game as Bug Busters or whatever it was called by GoodDealGames.

Burning Fists is rumored to have had a very low print run, but if you want my legit copy, I might part with it.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Wildside Expert

Where does the Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia Not For Retail Sale disc come from? Did it come in a sleeve or a flip book? I don't see it on either list.

Also can we fix this thread some more, no disrespect to the two list makers, but it's confusing to have the two lists. Is their anyway we could get the most correct list at the top? This list will be a valuable tool for NA release collectors, so I feel it's more important then who came first. I really feel like it should be a question of which list is most correct; and carry the caveat, that the list will be refined until we have the most accurate list available for collectors.
    Last edited by timemaster11; 12-09-2010 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timemaster11 View Post
    Where does the Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia Not For Retail Sale disc come from? Did it come in a sleeve or a flip book? I don't see it on either list.
    hmm I'm actually not even aware of that one man! if you have some pictures of it that'd be great!
    Embodiment of paradox and chaos, destroyer of reason and logic, breaker of balance, the unmaker of order, and the opponent of the Creator.

Wildside Expert

here you go

here you go

brilliant! I wonder of it's origins as well. The other not for resale games were usually inside of one of the console packages itself. The sonic cd tec toy disc said 'not for resale' and perhaps it came inside the sega cd box package that was sold in brazil. I wonder if this came in one of those small paper packages like sonic cd or prize fighter... or if it came like the sewer shark pack in.

also I edited my post with my list and added it to my offline text file master list. thanks for providing the info and pics man!

Wildside Expert

Np, I am committed to having the most accurate list possible.

If you look on the right side of the disc you will see it says JVC EYE Special offer, maybe it was the pack in with that

Np, I am committed to having the most accurate list possible.

If you look on the right side of the disc you will see it says JVC EYE Special offer, maybe it was the pack in with that
    good eye! I feel the same way towards having the most accurate list and I think it's better suited to have active and dedicated sega cd collectors dealing with such a list.

Anyway you can get a higher res pic of that disc? I like to keep pictures of odd things I don't have in a sega cd collection folder for visual reference.

Wildside Expert

Yeah I can get a get a bigger pic tomorrow and email it tomorrow, I just need to pull it back out, packed it away again.

Here is another Lunar Pic

Yeah I can get a get a bigger pic tomorrow and email it tomorrow, I just need to pull it back out, packed it away again.

Here is another Lunar Pic
    very nice! I need 4 more to have them all i see the strategy guide peeking out from the back too! I just barely got mine recently and it's very minty.

I just won the Vay strategy guide tonight too!

Thread Information