Quantcast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Complete, annotated list of JPN Mega CD exclusives

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Very nice, that was quick. The only thing you missed is mentioning the Saturn version of Yumimi Mix.
    Thanks! I actually omitted it since it was from a different/later console generation, but I can certainly add it in.

Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon View Post
    Alshark is an enhanced port of an X68000 game. There's also a Turbo CD port that released the year after the SCD version, but it's still the same ugly, not so great game there too.
    Adding now!

Raging in the Streets A Black Falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Thanks! I actually omitted it since it was from a different/later console generation, but I can certainly add it in.

Adding now!
    Well, you mentioned the PS1/Saturn versions of Night Striker, and isn't that the only other game on the list with a next-gen port?

For no particular reason I started futzing around with After Armageddon Gaiden. I was at least able to figure out how to get started, via a pretty standard RPG trope: go into the building, go up a floor, find the dragon king in the throneroom (or whatever he is), and once you've talked to him you can leave town by going south (otherwise you're blocked).

It may not sound like much, but hey, it took the guy in this video quite a while to sort it out. After that I was able to wander around the overworld and get into a battle, aided by my team of mutants. No idea what else is going on, though. BTW I think all the humans in town are either speaking nonsense (brain damage?), or are so terrified they can't talk properly.

Anyway, this seems like a potentially good candidate for a translation, since the CD audio is music-only so there's no spoken dialogue to worry about, and I don't think there's any FMV either (the intro cutscene is just still images with simple animations). OTOH I think the script is compressed.

Thread Information