Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman Forever

Banned by Administrators 16bitter's Avatar

Hit a little too close to home I take it. Yeah.

As far as your posts, I've read two of the three -- well, not including this new entry, which would make it three out of four. Both of them managed to shoehorn in ridiculously arcane comic book geekishness. Not a big deal, and in fact I thought your original statement about the boy blunder's costume was a joke it was so OTT, but it's beginning to appear that you weren't being facetious at all -- which is even funnier.

If you think having Robin's costume "from Earth-2" makes a Batman video game better...well, I hate to break it to you, but that picture I posted rather sums you up.

I really do hope you're not a Kevin Smith fan, though. That's a whole 'nother level of geekish. It's sad. Well, sadder than sad, really.

I think I'll bow out of this back and forth after this post, as my observation is so obvious it can't really be taken any further without this turning ugly rather than remaining humorous. Beware the wrath of a level-9 wizard (is Magic still big?), comic book geek, or plain amalgamated abomination of those two ills: the internet fanboy.

I don't like Batman Returns, I thought the plot was poor and the dialogue was worse,
    Batman Returns owns all other Batman films. Brilliant piece of modern expressionism.

I really didn't like any of the games based on that movie, though. Not Not even the much-praised SNES beat 'em up.

why do I think this? not becaue I'm a geek, but becasue I'm a writer.
    And this is supposed to be an example of that latter point, as well as a refutation of the former?

Wow. You are the best unintentional comedian since Bush II.

If I dont' like something I'm going to be put off something based on that something I don't like, you'll notice that the paragraph stared with 'my feelings on the matter',
    I am aware of everything you stated, but no matter what, Acclaim based thier title on Batman Forever, the game was called Batman Forever and you play as Batman And Robin, who were the poorest (in my opinion and i think generally) of the characters in the film, when you take into consideration Jim Carey, Tommy Lee Jones, Micheal Goth and Nicole Kidman, who were the rest of the major characters, were much better than them, so in playing as characters I didnt' enjoy watching put me off more. That's all the paragraph was supposed to convey, that the film's poor quality put me off, I suck at explaining so it that was probably not at all what It looked like
    Okay, that sentence was way too weird for me to decipher, other than to say your logic appears to be seriously screwed up. Really, really bad (yes, let's have a Batman VG where you can play...as Alfred and Nicole Kidman). The chicken and the egg, making me wonder if its your writing making your opinion seem so ridiculously disconnected or your opinion making your writing so awful. Maybe it's just another example of perfect symmetry -- much like Acclaim and Schumacher -- or an unholy confluence creating pain for all who encounter it.

Man, everything about BF turns to shit -- even a thread devoted to it. Except those McDonald's glasses. Those rocked.
    Last edited by 16bitter; 08-01-2006 at 04:24 PM.

The costume reference was a joke.

I can find one reference to comics in all my other posts, the one about the advertising feature, which mentions comics books as possibly having the Nintendon't advert, which I think they did appear in (but I'm not sure).

Like I say I suck at explaining, especially when I'm pissed. I think I understand what you dont understand in the latter paragraph (if that makes sense) putting it as simple as possible - I didn't like the film, so I wasn't rushing out to rent (or buy) the video game based on it and didn't give it the benefit of the doubt. The film made me biased against the game.

I'm looking Wikipedia and I'm seeing that Batman Forever came out in 1995, guessing the game came out about the same time, that would make me 9, my logic at 9 wasn't much good.

You didn't hit too close to home, well not about geeks, I'm not a geek, I just...retain information, on all sorts of things, you made fun of me and slagged me off, I dont like this, that is all it is/was.

MeX

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

I'm a geek and a writer. I am at peace with myself. I think Batman Forever is a terrible movie because it's my opinion, not because I'm an English major because that doesn't make any sense.

Anyway both of you should chill out and agree to disagree.

Banned by Administrators 16bitter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    I'm a geek and a writer. I am at peace with myself. I think Batman Forever is a terrible movie because it's my opinion,
    So, in other words, you think it because you think it?

not because I'm an English major because that doesn't make any sense.
    Hm. Who we are in life very often and arguably, so far as specifics, defines and creates our opinions. Right?

Anyway both of you should chill out and agree to disagree.
    I'm not sure about what it is were disagreeing over. Other than the FACT!!!!!! that he's a geek. Which is everything in this debate, and should not be discussed any further seeing as it is inarguable.

One other good thing about BF (the movie, not the game; go figure): Nicole Kidman was at the apex of her hotness. Too bad I got to see Val Kilmer's ass and not hers.

That might be the reason for dwitefry's squeamishness over Batman and Robin in this game. Just how many guys want to play as half of a gay couple?

You see? YOU SEE what shitty games do to people? You guys started arguing over Batman Forever!

Let's stop the fighting and get BOT, please.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitter
    Just how many guys want to play as half of a gay couple?
    Well, the Sonic games are pretty popular.....

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Devil In A Midnight Mass WCPO Agent Flash1087's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaveFury
    The Review Manifest says that a 3 is "disappointing and only barely playable." That's Batman Forever right there.

I would have given it a 2, but like I said, versus mode was actually somewhat entertaining and the game is playable to completion. Also, I did have a bit of fun with uppercutting clowns, so I think a 3 is justified.

Have you ever heard of Cheetahmen II on NES? That’s the worst video game ever. On top of truly horrible controls, the player is actually unable to finish the game. No game deserves a 0, so that must make Cheetahmen II a 1.

Go play Cheetahmen II and you’ll quickly see that Batman Forever is nowhere near as awful, so it MUST deserve a better score.

Edit: grammar
    Wasn't Cheetahmen part of one of those Action 52 compilation carts?

Not like, you know, I ever played one or anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash1087
    Wasn't Cheetahmen part of one of those Action 52 compilation carts?

Not like, you know, I ever played one or anything...
    Yep, but only the original Cheetahmen. The sequel was never publicly released, produced as a stand alone cartridge.

Megadrive Gamer Sports Talker HolyBloody16Bitter's Avatar

Batman Forevor is a good game, if you play it in Hell. This game stands better in his way on the SNES, but also that game sucks great time.

Default Batman Forever

When I found this cart, (I mean I really found this cart in the alley, and it looked as if it had been run over by a garbage truck). I wondered why would somebody throw away a Batman game. I have played several NES versions of Batman on my computer via and emulator, and found a fairly good game to play. Then after cleaning it, I popped that cart in to my Genesis and what I found honestly shocked me. No, it's not that the game did not work. But what I found was very sub par game, with very poorly designed levels and enemies that Elmo could beat in his sleep, and I do mean the monster from Sesame Street. I have played bad games before most notably Bubsy 3D PS1, this game was almost nearly as bad. First of all the controls are weak, I found it nearly impossible to make the jumps you have to make to complete some levels. I don't know if it was planned or a mistake by the game programmers in one level unless your very careful you can fall to the floor below. It took me a few times to figure out that was where the second half of that level was. I won't even comment about the bosses, just to say they are all (including the final one) pitiful.

Do yourself a favor.....Stay away from this game!!!

Child in Time Nameless One Antony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bablefish View Post
    When I found this cart...I wondered why would somebody throw away a Batman game.
    Ask Probe, Acclaim and Iguana

The funniest thing with the Batman Forever games is that they have people credited under "Quality Assurance" in the end credits.

Deleted, I see Melf merged threads.
    Last edited by vintagegamecrazy; 04-11-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Batman Forever Sucks!

Finally gave this a try tonight, and wow. I may get around to finishing this up some day, but I was bored before I even got through the first level. What a wonky control scheme. Overall feeling: ugh.

Just realized I revived this thread from 2009. Old thread bump alert.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

Batman Forever is not a very good game. I remember renting it for a weekend as a kid, and feeling like a balloon with the air let out of it shortly after starting the game, as I began to realize what a poor decision I had made at the video store. I'm not sure why they thought Mortal Kombat fighting mechanics would be a good idea for a side scrolling platformer. It was just a terrible decision on the part of the developers.

If you need a Batman fix though, it's not like there aren't plenty of great choices out there. This one is best left in the dustbin of licensed game purgatory though.

Thread Information