Quantcast

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Unpopular game that only you like

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

I agree completely, Bubsy 1 and 2 were not bad games. they were fun platformers (jumping mechanics could be better though)
    but certainly not the festering ulcer they make them out to be, though that's kinda their own fault.. I mean they did release Bubsy 3D.

not a real fan Raging in the Streets old man's Avatar

I think the genesis version of Bubsy is better than the SNES one. The SNES one is terrible. I have no memories of Bubsy 2. Bubsy had a Gamepro cover BITD, but so did Chester Cheetah.

Gunstar Hero Wildside Expert Theretrogamer12345's Avatar

I really, really like Sonic 3D Blast and I'm pretty sure most people do not. Also for some reason Batman Forever's "Mortal Komat-esque" gameplay really interests me so I like that one too.
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Quote Originally Posted by Theretrogamer12345 View Post
    I really, really like Sonic 3D Blast and I'm pretty sure most people do not. Also for some reason Batman Forever's "Mortal Komat-esque" gameplay really interests me so I like that one too.
    I think Sonic 3D blast is a good game with some amazing music.
    I'ts just not a good Sonic game.

I'm always surprised at the vitriol Bubsy seems to receive. I like it, unreservedly.
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

Bubsy was not terribly memorable, at least for me. I think the backlash comes from how much it was hyped up and how average it actually was. It was EVERYWHERE in the early 90's. It was just a really mediocre game.

Sonice 3D blast was super fun. I really liked that game.

-Jorge!

Road Rasher

Can the "hint" mini-game in Puzzle & Action: Tant-R count? Or can only entire games count?

Voice of NeverNeverLand Master of Shinobi Waterfaller's Avatar

I dunno if I'd like it anymore TODAY (I doubt it), but way back when, I remember enjoying The Addams Family on the NES.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Uncharted Waters. (the first one, not New Horizons)

I don't think its a hated game, just not very well known.

Great game, bit weak on the graphics side. but still gave me a very good game experience.

Wildside Expert turntablist1210's Avatar

Bubsy was just.... meh we had enough platformers at that time, especially here in good old PAL land, Accolade were just trying to jump on the bandwagon and it was too late! i remember seeing posters for it everywhere in Virgin Megastore and the like but everybody was too interested in Sonic and Street Fighter etc to care.

Bubsy 1 and 2 are OK games, I like the first one more because 2 is pretty easy, maybe because they fix some problems with the camera and the stages layout in general.
    However, I never played the snes version.

Raging in the Streets

Anyone else here actually not loathe Last Battle? Or is it just me?

Toejam is a wiener. Master of Shinobi SEGA-Jorge's Avatar

I don't even know what to think of Last Battle. I know it was just a reskinned Hokuto No Ken games, but I didn't know that at the time. I played it When I got my Genesis, so that was back in 89', 90'. At the time, I was under the impression that it was a new franchise, I was pretty enamored with it, especially because it felt exactly like Black Belt on the Master System, which I also didn't know was just a reskinned Hokuto No Ken. I Spent a good chunk of my youth wondering what the hell was up with Last Battle, and why it was so damn weird and hard to follow. I still liked the game play to some degree, but it was just a confusing mess. Oddly enough, I still like it. Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA-Jorge View Post
    I don't even know what to think of Last Battle. I know it was just a reskinned Hokuto No Ken games, but I didn't know that at the time. I played it When I got my Genesis, so that was back in 89', 90'. At the time, I was under the impression that it was a new franchise, I was pretty enamored with it, especially because it felt exactly like Black Belt on the Master System, which I also didn't know was just a reskinned Hokuto No Ken. I Spent a good chunk of my youth wondering what the hell was up with Last Battle, and why it was so damn weird and hard to follow. I still liked the game play to some degree, but it was just a confusing mess. Oddly enough, I still like it. Meh...
    Black Belt on the Master System is a great game; although re-skinned, it's a much more balanced game than Hokuto no Ken( which is balls hard).
    Last Battle on the MD is just boring, could have been a much better game.

Taz-Mania was great, but I freaked out when Taz ate the S in the SEGA logo for some reason.
    I demand a Blaze spinoff!

Me blog

Hope Exists

Thread Information