Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pier Solar

heart Pier Solar

After a seemingly endless wait, WaterMelon's Pier Solar was finally unleashed upon the Genesis community last December. The game sold like hot cakes, with a third printing recently selling out, and our forums have been buzzing with discussions about the first brand-new Genesis game built from scratch in over a decade (and hopefully the first of many more). WaterMelon went all out with the packaging, and guess what?It included one hell of a game with all the goodies. This is one for the ages, my friends, so read our full review and be prepared to physically hurt yourself for not having bought this when you had the chance.

NOTE: This thread is for discussion of the REVIEW ONLY.For all general Pier Solar discussions, please use the game's official thread.

All the user scores were nuked by bin Ladin's friend. Please submit yours again!
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Done and done

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Resubmitted. I thought about giving it a 10 this time around since it looks like people are still trolling it, but in all honesty I can't give it a perfect score because of those damn ice bridges. Those parts really are quite terrible. Other than that though, fantastic game.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

spiderman

Thank you, both! Don't worry about the trolls, if you do, it just pleases them .

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

I can't rate it because I haven't finished it yet. The damn jungle (after Rudy joins the party) killed my enthusiasm and motivation. Nothing interesting inside it and it just keeps getting harder, requiring more grinding...

spiderman

The game requires no grinding at all, just good strategy and exploration. One guy, called Tim, beat the game running from ALL random encounter battles in the entire game.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

I find the no grinding bit hard to believe. I got my ass handed to me by the first boss in the game because I hadn't leveled up enough (can't remember if I bought all of the new armor and weapons or not).

Also, Zebbe, how far am I into the game, percentage wise?

It's possible to beat the first boss without ANY level up at all. You just need to ignore the slimes, use gather and place your characters in front/back row strategically.

You aren't very far. Maybe 10-15%.

For great justice! Outrunner Tor Landeel's Avatar

I second Zebbe. I restarted the game since I overlooked the cellar where you get the Ladder spell, and didn't want to continue (after 8h+ of playing).
    Got on the same spot in less than 4 hours, no grinding at all (only a bit to get some money nothing more).
    And yes, I'm currently at the lake and I found the Jungle part a bit tedious.
    I find a great flaw among all the very good points: the random fights with the same monsters all over again! There are lots of types but in each area you find the very same set all the time. It's a pity, because it gets boring because fights can be lenghty.
    Another thing is the dependency on accessories: you have the right one = easy peasy. You don't..welcome to hell.
    Maybe the difference should have been a little less..marked.
    I'm actually enjoying it a lot, the music is AWESOME, so is the character design and dialogues. The story is very intriguing and the graphics are impressive at times. Maybe they're too tiny sometimes, but very detailed.

I♥Mikuru Asahina Outrunner Tasuke's Avatar

how much does this game sell for? i'd like to get a copy when the company runs another batch! it looks TERRIFIC!!
    ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Currently because there is no current plans as of right now to release the game again, the reprints are going anywhere from 75-125 dollars depending on if it's sealed or not. And the original prints are usually in the 200 dollar range, but have been sold as high as 400+ dollars for the posterity editions.

Straying off topic.

I agree that the same enemies in each area does get tiring after a while. I am not very far into the game though - I am barely in the desert world. Kind of stuck on the moving platforms and just sort of gave up, I need to muster up the courage again to play some more.
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

looks like i'll be having to get myself a copy of this little beauty ASAP, $125 be damned!!

BTW; is this "WaterMelon" studio Asian in origin? European? American?
    Last edited by Tasuke; 06-11-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

spiderman

WaterMelon is an international video game development studio.

ah, so a series of MD/Genny fans from all over the world teamed up to form this studio?

if so, then i can see why this game looks so good; all the combined passion of some of the world's most dedicated MD/Genny fans
    focused into this effort!! i sure hope that they get the opportunity to get this game in production again and produce other products as well...
    ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

Thread Information