Quantcast

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Repro cover art and general appreciation thread!

a.k.a. hombreimaginario Outrunner synapse's Avatar

There are 5 spells. Ice, fire, "small" thunder, "big" thunder, and -wait for it- fire dragon

Whaouh ! Some questions : Do the characters have special moves or combos ?
    Do you have tried the 2 players mode ? Is there a sound test in the options ?

will hog your hedges... Raging in the Streets djshok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by synapse View Post
    There are 5 spells. Ice, fire, "small" thunder, "big" thunder, and -wait for it- fire dragon
    Are you sure that's all? I could've sworn there were a few more. I haven't played it in a month or so now, but I thought there was a "big" ice spell too and possibly something rock related. Though I could be wrong and mixing up games. I think I'll play through it tonight, it's such a fun game.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    Whaouh ! Some questions : Do the characters have special moves or combos ?
    Do you have tried the 2 players mode ? Is there a sound test in the options ?
    Dude, you should just emulate it and try it out. It's a great game. But to answer your questions: the characters do have special moves and combos, not a lot of them, but comparable to other 16-bit brawlers. There is definitely a 2 player mode which is a lot of fun. One of the cool things is you can cut some of the powerups in half and split them with your partner. Not sure about the sound test, the whole menu is in Chinese and kinda hard to navigate, but I can check tonight.

Anyway, I'm totally down for making a manual for this. I'd just need some of the game info to be translated. Stuff like the character's names, back stories (if they have any), game plotline, etc... I have a manual template all ready to go so it wouldn't be too difficult.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

They have far more moves than, say, Final Fight characters

The "big" thunder spell is the one which tears the floor so you can see the rocks flying and all that, iirc.

Ha that's true about FF. And yeah you might be right about the thunder spell, I just recall there being a lot of rocks doing stuff in one of the spells lol.
    Ready to print game covers and cart labels: http://www.mediafire.com/?5gm45wyxr3xvv

Quote Originally Posted by djshok View Post
    There is definitely a 2 player mode which is a lot of fun.
    One of the cool things is you can cut some of the powerups in half and split them with your partner.
    Excellent !!! ))

Anyway, I'm totally down for making a manual for this.
    I'd just need some of the game info to be translated. Stuff like the character's names, back stories (if they have any),
    game plotline, etc... I have a manual template all ready to go so it wouldn't be too difficult.
    Great ! Personally, I can take in charge the French translated part of the manual ^^

As for the plot and background story, elements could surely be taken from "The water margin", an old chinese legend.

Quote from the GoldenPigsy's review : "you might recognize Shui Hu Zhuan as one of the great literary accomplishments
    written in the classical Chinese vernacular, or you might better recognize it under its English title, The Water Margin.
    You might also recognize "Feng Yun" as the Chinese title for the comic book/film series we English speakers call "The Storm Riders."

A Chinese could easily translate the words directly from the game, those especially displayed during the intro
    and the scenes between each stages. If we could read the lines that chokai has written on the backcover of his artwork...

Dude, you should just emulate it and try it out. It's a great game.
    I try and I think Shui Hu Zhuan is great, and better than many "official" games
    The characters are different and each one implies a distinctive gameplay. Music is lively and fun.
    Graphism is colorful. No sound test in the options but it is a detail considering the overall quality.

Do you have a cartridge version ? Have you try to play it on a TV screen ?

I do indeed have the cartridge of it, with the kickass artwork that synapse made:

It looks great playing on my TV, as good as any official Sega game. Actually better than a lot of them, this game has really nice graphics and the amount of colours used is fantastic. I don't know how all those Chinese pirates do it, but they always make such colourful games and really get around the Genesis' limited colour output.

I will get the cartridge soon. You are lucky to have this artwork.
    I prefer the old black design PAL artwork though (like the Mario).

what do you use to print the labels?

I get other people to print them for me since I don't have any way of doing it here. mrbigreddog on here can do it, or www.gamereproductions.com.

Megadrive

So you send them your own artwork and they print it for you.

http://www.gamereproductions.com seems to be very busy, I quote :
    "This is for any sticker/label for any of the games that I have listed on the site ONLY,
    unless you submit the labels ready to print. This also includes any CUSTOM label that you have designed
    and you wish to have printed out. All labels/stickers come with clear glossy laminate and is waterproof
    in case you spill something on it. All labels are cut to fit and ready to go right out of the envelope!
    If you use this option, please include a list of which labels you are wanting in the notes section of checkout.
    NOTE: Labels go in queue with the rest of the orders as of 08/29/2010, I am getting to many requests
    for labels that I cant work on games. Sorry!
    "

As I am a Genesis/Megadrive lover, I prefer to have a complete game artwork with instructions manual.
    But the work to made one needs a big amount of time. And a way to print it in good quality.
    And finding the same paper used with genuine labels at your local shop is not easy.
    Last edited by tbp; 05-18-2011 at 07:01 AM.

I print the cart labels on adhesive paper at home.

What is the tool software you use ? I suppose you should have some skills to create artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by tbp View Post
    What is the tool software you use ? I suppose you should have some skills to create artwork.
    I use Photoshop for creating my covers/labels and print from there.

Thread Information