Quantcast

Page 11 of 415 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Sack

Master of Shinobi

DLC is of the devil.

Banned by Administrators

My game sack really gets flattened out after playing rpg's and rts's.

Raging in the Streets KnightWarrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    Latest episode which shows what happens when you take your obsession with videogaming beyond the games themselves.

I like the new intro..arre you going to keep it?

That was shot at Dave's place. He owns more Genesis games than I do, though they are games like Madden, My Little Pony, Ariel the Little Mermaid, etc whereas my games are like Thunder Force 4, Gleylancer, Super Fantasy Zone, MUSHA and cool games. That would suck carrying all that stuff around. I still haven't decided where we should shoot next week's episode. Could be either place and no matter what one of us will have to haul stuff to the other person's house. Hmmm, that makes me think it should be shot here.
    There is no My Little Pony game for the MD/Genesis (there is a Little mermaid game though).
    However, Sega of America made up for that with their in-house original Pony themed game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63LDQTIAro

Oh, and that mention of Happy Meal toys reminds me that I've got one of those Knuckles happy meal toys from the mid 90s.

Here's the one:
    http://tomopop.com/ul/18580-tomocast...onic1-550x.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5260/...b9bcb3ff73.jpg

Don't have any of the others in that set though.
    Last edited by kool kitty89; 06-20-2011 at 10:58 PM.
    6 days older than SEGA Genesis
    -------------
    Quote Originally Posted by evilevoix View Post
    Dude it’s the bios that marries the 16 bit and the 8 bit that makes it 24 bit. If SNK released their double speed bios revision SNK would have had the world’s first 48 bit machine, IDK how you keep ignoring this.
    the PCE, that system has no extra silicone for music, how many resources are used to make music and it has less sprites than the MD on screen at once but a larger sprite area?

Quote Originally Posted by KnightWarrior
    I like the new intro..arre you going to keep it?
    Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by kool kitty
    There is no My Little Pony game for the MD/Genesis (there is a Little mermaid game though).
    However, Sega of America made up for that with their in-house original Pony themed game
    Any man points that you may have had, you just lost for actually knowing this information.

Any man points that you may have had, you just lost for actually knowing this information.

I'm not sure I'd even know about that game if it wasn't for it hiding in a friend's collection . . . just something he'd picked up (probably with a bulk lot on ebay or something) and hadn't even played.

Then again, I probably would have found it if I tried to search for My Little Pony on the Genesis. (that's what I did for Little Mermaid . . . wiki and control+F )
    -------------
    Dude it’s the bios that marries the 16 bit and the 8 bit that makes it 24 bit. If SNK released their double speed bios revision SNK would have had the world’s first 48 bit machine, IDK how you keep ignoring this.
    the PCE, that system has no extra silicone for music, how many resources are used to make music and it has less sprites than the MD on screen at once but a larger sprite area?

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Still you made attempts to find out that info, which is something you should have not done :P

I also noticed Dave's shirt is in worse condition than Joe's
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

Quote Originally Posted by TmEE View Post
    Still you made attempts to find out that info, which is something you should have not done :P
    When I noticed it (might have been Apolloboy) on Arnoldthebartender's shelf . . . well curiosity got the better of us, and we had to see what it actually was. (again, I think it had come with some random bulk lot and it sat there with the other games untested iirc until that day when we popped it in and tried it out for a few minutes . . . I think we tried Awesome Possum that same day and found how bizarrely choppy it is on real hardware)
    I think what happened was Apolloboy noticed it and I was the one to suggest actually trying it. (yeah, not helping my case )

It was complete in box too . . . hmm, what was that special note on the cover again . . . oh yeah, it's part of the "Sega Club" series of games.
    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...8858_front.jpg
    http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...38858_back.jpg
    (also odd that the cover art doesn't match the default color selection in-game -starts of brown, green, and blue iirc, not pink and lavender)
    Oh, and nice for the V.R.C to point out that Age 4-7 suggestion.

Definitely didn't go to THESE lengths of playing it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAc-_5eqew4

(it's a bit refreshing to find a decent "let's play" commentary too, this one's rather entertaining IMO)

I also noticed Dave's shirt is in worse condition than Joe's
    He's not wearing his Game Sack shirt either, but a regular Nintendo one.
    Last edited by kool kitty89; 06-21-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    -------------

The special-needs snowman Raging in the Streets Olls's Avatar

Those happy meal toys are pretty fucking awesome I must say, especially Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by Olls View Post
    Those happy meal toys are pretty fucking awesome I must say, especially Sonic.
    Funny thing is that I got mine without owning anything Sega back then, and not even playing a Sonic much game until later. (largely thanks to Sega PC publishing )
    Though I knew about it from the Sega commercials (especially the Sonic 3 and S&K ones) and the cartoons. (except Knuckles wasn't in either . . . weird though since I could have sworn he was)
    -------------

Behold, the TurboGrafx-16... the system you should love:

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Ok now this is probably the first Game Sack video I feel like I need to criticize. You did not make enough emphasis on how the japanese library is so much bigger than the US library (You should have mentioned Spriggan, LoX 2 and Kaze Kiri at least).
    No mention of Bonk or Air Zonk (it's the system "mascot"!)
    No epic lulz from Ai Cho Aniki and Last Alert.

You should also have mentioned the single controller port.

This video did not reach it's full potential
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Quote Originally Posted by kool kitty89 View Post

I'm not sure I'd even know about that game if it wasn't for it hiding in a friend's collection . . . just something he'd picked up (probably with a bulk lot on ebay or something) and hadn't even played.

Then again, I probably would have found it if I tried to search for My Little Pony on the Genesis. (that's what I did for Little Mermaid . . . wiki and control+F )
    I actually played through this game completely for review.

Kamahl, the video is already 14 minutes long. There is a 15 minute limit on Youtube. Perhaps you missed the part at the end where we said that there is just too much to talk about in one episode. Or the part in the middle where I say there is just no way to cover all of the good games. What YOU feel is important isn't what others would feel is important, that part is subjective. But we DID suggest that people go the Japanese route. Bonk is average at best and not limited to the Turbo. Air Zonk was featured both graphically and by name at the end, though that game isn't tremendously special, I don't feel (worth a try, though). So to anybody saying that we should have mentioned THIS or THAT... sorry, but we can't mention everything. There is no way we could have mentioned everybody's favorites, only a small handful of our own. And Spriggan was mentioned in the credits. Kaze Kiri sucks. Also, we didn't want to cover everything that has already been covered a billion times before (like Bonk). I actually did capture footage from Bonk 1, 2 and Bomberman to include in the Gate of Thunder sequence, but cut it for time.
    Last edited by Joe Redifer; 06-27-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

You mentioned 3 YS games, that could have been shortened to the "YS Series". Plenty of things in the video could have been shortened and better organized to fit more info.

I'm fully aware those would have been MY priorities and not yours, but as a fan I have to say my opinion don't I?

The video was pretty much this:
    "The turbografx is awesome"
    "Hucards vs Turbochips" (yes, everyone hates the name turbochip)
    "You need a converter to play japanese games"
    "It had CD games"
    "Duo"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "Here's a good game"
    "The turbografx is awesome"

You lacked time because time wasn't managed at all.
    Still, mentioning your favorite games is a bit of your style, so I can't criticize you too much for that.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Thread Information