Quantcast

Page 412 of 414 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414 LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 6201

Thread: Game Sack

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    These days you get the broken game and a massive patch when you install the game. There are going to be a lot of PS3 and Xbox 360 games that won't work right, when update support is cut off.
    Think that's a good thing this generation and last generation, it would have been nice in the Saturn days to see AM#2 patch and fix Daytona USA as time went on LOL
    I grew up in the era of Amiga and Zx Spectrum games where a bug meant, couldn't even finish the game and also remember ET on the Atari a broken mess of a game and rushed to market and I myself would have loved to seen the control system to Gunvalkyrie patched along with some its slowdown cut.

The trouble is these days people have social media and bitch and moan about games far too much, most of the games that ship today are well made and quality games, even indie games. Like I always say though... Nobody beats Nintendo, their games are also perfectly playable and hardly any major bugs, their Q&A and Bug Test dept are the best in the business and it is to NCL credit

BTW, Retrogamer did a nice feature on the making of Crimewave and it was a case of a naive developer thinking he could do almost everything himself, looking forward to being on the next gen, but it all got a little too much, he was quite open about it.
    Shame too, because the game had so much promise and is so much fun. I still like it, but with more work and some extra resources, it could have been a classic.
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 06-24-2019 at 05:07 AM.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG Raging in the Streets Moirai's Avatar

Joe, can i ask where you got your Sega AM2 shirt? Was it custom made? I really want one

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Think that's a good thing this generation and last generation, it would have been nice in the Saturn days to see AM#2 patch and fix Daytona USA as time went on LOL
    I grew up in the era of Amiga and Zx Spectrum games where a bug meant, couldn't even finish the game and also remember ET on the Atari a broken mess of a game and rushed to market and I myself would have loved to seen the control system to Gunvalkyrie patched along with some its slowdown cut.

The trouble is these days people have social media and bitch and moan about games far too much, most of the games that ship today are well made and quality games, even indie games. Like I always say though... Nobody beats Nintendo, their games are also perfectly playable and hardly any major bugs, their Q&A and Bug Test dept are the best in the business and it is to NCL credit

BTW, Retrogamer did a nice feature on the making of Crimewave and it was a case of a naive developer thinking he could do almost everything himself, looking forward to being on the next gen, but it all got a little too much, he was quite open about it.
    Shame too, because the game had so much promise and is so much fun. I still like it, but with more work and some extra resources, it could have been a classic.
    You have to disconnect your PS3 from the internet to install Resistance 3, and once it is installed, you then have to apply the patch to make it work. It won't even play on my 60GB PS3, but I'm hoping my recently purchased PS3 slim will.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Most games today are made incomplete. Ship it broken fix it later with "roadmaps". Nintendo is guilty of this as well as seen with Splatoon and ARMS. Incomplete games lacking content. Thankfully it was free but somewhere down the line, it won't be avail to download again. Some games like we see with Anthem and Fallout 76 ship on a disc but why? You need online for the game to work period and that is before we get into roadmap bullshit. Border Break on PS4 has a physical version in Japan. Why? The game doesn't exist offline. Games are made less and less with any sort of preservation in mind and working more and more against used games. I'm not against expanding a game with more content or fixing bugs in theory but they purposefully ship broken games with the mindset it can just have a roadmap to make it functional in the future. So it's not always expanding the game just making it playable.

Buying a game these days is putting the disc in. Waiting for the game to install. Then downloading the day one update. Then installing the update. Launching the game. Waiting for it to connect to the servers even if it's a single player game. (Dragon Age on PS4..same with Gundam Breaker 3) Switch games are a mixed bag. If the publisher is not lazy then usually you put in the game and it just works. Sadly most opt for the 4-8 GB cards instead of even the 16GB card so you have to download half the game to play it. I know 32GB cards are expensive so I get why most have not used it. Only 2 games have. Dragon Quest Heroes and The Witcher 3. I imagine DQXIS will be confirmed as one as well so might be the third.

PS5 is confirmed to use discs and likely be the last physical generation but I imagine most games will be pointless as physical as I have no doubt EA with "Surprise Mechanics" and other AAA devs will find some way to make an already bad situation worse with more greed to fuck us over. 2k is putting mandatory ads to watch before you can play the game now. I mean Stadia wants you to pay $10 a month so you can pay$60 for a game you don't own and Ubisoft wants you to pay $15 inside Stadia's $10 to play Ubisoft games on Stadia. What in the ever living fuck is happening to gaming?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

You have to disconnect your PS3 from the internet to install Resistance 3, and once it is installed, you then have to apply the patch to make it work. It won't even play on my 60GB PS3, but I'm hoping my recently purchased PS3 slim will.
    Ah yes, good old Resistance 3. My original phat PS3's laser problems, before it completely packed in, began with that game. Something about that game disc that the OG PS3 console could not cope with. I clearly recall back then they came out with two patches for that game within a few days of each other.

Anyway, my system worked like a champ up to that point (2011). Not a single issue. Shortly thereafter it stopped reading all other PS3 discs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

AKA Mister Xiado WCPO Agent Raijin Z's Avatar

I'd recommend ordering a replacement PS3 Bluray drive or two, before they start becoming hard to acquire. I replaced mine, and while it was a pain in the butt, it works perfectly now.
    Not that I play the thing. It's been hooked up and plugged in for a year, and the last time I did anything with it, I just replaced its sad 80GB HDD with the 500GB drive I took from my PS4 after upgrading it to 2TB.
    - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
    Youtube - Terminated

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

SONY say no more.. Mind you I remember with the Dreamcast The USA version of Blue Stinger getting recalled, in the UK MSR was recalled due to a game-saving bug and I remember the 1st print versions of OutRun not working on the White Saturn. In all those cases a simple patch would have fixed the issues, but in the old day's new prints of the games had to be made.

And not many games will beat Shenmue for being incomplete
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

That game is genuinely great and one of the better OST's on Genesis IMO.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

All looks good, except the dead controller and sound lag, that's weird.

hmm, i thought the Darius port would wow Joe more then that.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

I love the Blast Processing skit.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Eazy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    I have been looking for a box art sleeve to put that on a legit copy of gaiares, no joke.

Thread Information