Quantcast

Thread: Langrisser II

Megadrive Langrisser II

It often seems that for every good game that got released for the Genesis, a half dozen remained behind in Japan. That might not be too far off the mark either, as there are some excellent titles that gamers are forced to import or emulate. Though Sega-16 doesn't normally encourage emulation unless for archival and documentation purposes, there is one area that has become invaluable to gamers: fan translations. Many previously Japanese-only titles are being enjoyed by audiences the world over because they are finally playable to non-Japanese speakers, and there are currently several groups translating games. One of the recently completed titles that is definitely worth checking out is Langrisser II 2, the sequel to the excellent Warsong. If you enjoyed the first, then this one should absolutely be on your "to do" list. Read our full review and start saving up for that flash cart.
    Last edited by Melf; 08-05-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Been playing this lately, and one thing I absolutely disagree with the review is the font (mijet translation). Both fonts are terrible, the gothic intro font is plain unreadable, and the ingame font sucks on composite. Lowercase a and o look the same, as do m and n. Single pixel differences just don't work with composite output.

"Pikemon! I choose you!"
    "Borborion, attack!"

In every other degree it's a massive improvement over Warsong though, probably addressed every gripe I had.

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

How is the remake looking for fans of the series?

Life!? ... What console is that on?

It crashed on me today. In a battle, the graphics froze, but music kept playing. Luckily I save often, so didn't lose much progress. (unrelated to the remake comment above)

Beaten. Damn it was good. 330 turns total.

Seems mijet missed the ending quotes, they were still in Japanese. Or perhaps they were credits.

Thread Information