Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this the most expensive Game Gear EVER!?

Default Is this the most expensive Game Gear EVER!?

I've never even heard of a white Game Gear before. But apparently it's worth some MULA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Game-Gear-R...item45fba12733
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

The only game gear worth anything is an RGB-out/9-pin controller input modded one.

ToeJam is a wiener Hero of Algol Guntz's Avatar

That's Moolah.

Yeah RGB and controller port modded Game Gears would be an awesome idea. Too bad it seems nobody has stepped forward with one yet. Maybe somebody should sell or give Villahed94 a Game Gear for him to try out some RGB encoders on.

Doesn't the Everdrive play Game Gear games? I know it does Master System right, same hardware right? I wonder if it could be done.
    MY SEGAS
    [Model 1 Sega CD x 5] [Model 1 HD Genesis w/Component Video] [Model 2 Genesis] [32X CIB] [Master System Model 3010] [Nomad w/LCD mod] [Dreamcast] [Saturn] [Game Gear]

No, the Game Gear has more colors than the Master System ever did. Just that alone means GG to SMS is near impossible. Besides, why play Game Gear on your SMS Everdrive when there's a GG Everdrive available?

... Actually, looking at that auction again, that white Game Gear is something tantalizing! Looks just as sweet as the white Saturn and Dreamcast. Man I'd love one of those GGs... Too bad that price keeps climbing.

Grand Duke of Nukem Master of Shinobi Nunzio's Avatar

According to the box it was about $350.00 new, so I don't think that is too crazy extravagant!
    S A V E R U S T Y

Yeah, I didn't know there was a white version. I never cared to get a game gear, but it does really look nice in white. This is one of those times that I wish I was rich enough to burn $500 on something that I would probably just look at every once in a while and tuck away in a closet.

I'd give that white GG a full cap kit. It's begging for it.

Co-Creator of the MegaAmp Raging in the Streets villahed94's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    That's Moolah.

Yeah RGB and controller port modded Game Gears would be an awesome idea. Too bad it seems nobody has stepped forward with one yet. Maybe somebody should sell or give Villahed94 a Game Gear for him to try out some RGB encoders on.
    Thanks Guntz. That┤d be nice,as I want to make them US compatible. RGB is mostly european

Mega Amp: The reference audio circuit for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.

I had one of these Japanese White Game Gears before, but just to repair it ...It wasn't mine ...
    φΨήœ μΞΠΰ ž´°ε ψώ♪

What I'd like to know, is what's stopping all these modders on Sega-16 and other sites from installing an RGB encoder inside a Game Gear and drilling a hole for a 9-Pin Mini-DIN socket? Seriously, what is the hold up?? Nobody on any of these game forums has a Game Gear? Is that why? Pretty shallow reason if you ask me.

@Villahed: I'd send you a Game Gear, but I'm sure the shipping would be ridiculous. Besides, you could probably find a "dead" Game Gear on Mercado Libre, eBay or in a local game store for peanuts. Perform a cap kit and it'll work like new again.

Would be good on an everdrive because you can then play gg games on your TV instead of the crappy gg screen.
    MY SEGAS

Mastering your Systems Shining Hero TmEE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guntz View Post
    Yeah RGB and controller port modded Game Gears would be an awesome idea. Too bad it seems nobody has stepped forward with one yet.
    I have been doing RGB modded + controller port GGs :P
    Death To MP3, :3
    Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa "Gnirts test is a shit" New and growing website of total jawusumness !
    If any of my images in my posts no longer work you can find them in "FileDen Dump" on my site ^

How come nobody else has been doing them? Do you think maybe you could write up a small guide on it? Even just pointing out where the RGB signals are located per GG version would be nice.

@Oldskool:

You make it sound like Everdrive is it's own system. It's not. Everdrive is a line of flashcarts for various systems, including SMS and Game Gear.

Still, fact of the matter still stands. There's one too many improvements in the Game Gear for Master System forwards compatibility to be possible. The only way would be making an adapter with a whole Game Gear inside it, but then you might as well just mod an existing Game Gear for Composite/S-Video or maybe Component + stereo sound.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

I also saw someone in another thread recently had wired the second controller using the extension port. I've got a couple plans in place for making some interesting mods to one, I've got like 10 of them laying around since they show up on Craigslist near me all the time at around $10 for GG plus 5-10 games.

Thread Information